Is it worth getting a job here

is it worth getting a job here

Attached: silicon.jpg (900x400, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2017/11/07/silicon-valleys-car-people-push-homeless-crisis-to-the-brink/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Depends on the job and pay, but in general yes.

nypost.com/2017/11/07/silicon-valleys-car-people-push-homeless-crisis-to-the-brink/

no

>living in commiefornia
unless you're getting paid 200k +, fuck no

That's $200k+ territory.

I'd feel bad living the good life when there are people working as hard ending up like this. It'd be uncomfortable, and I think that's a natural reaction one should have. The is really wrong. I'm starting to see the possibility for real economically motivated unrest in America.

>Move to California
>All of my cars and guns are illegal
Anyone who wants to live there is a serf.

If you want poo in the streets you can just go to India.

haha that looks like a penis

there's income inequality in all cities, who cares.

my only interest in moving there is to make as much money as possible

software developing. my only concern is being outsourced by pajeets and chinks

Everything worth driving is old enough to be emissions exempted anyways.

Isn't the Bay Area the most expensive place to live in the country?

probably better to get a job in a remote office of a silicon valley company

No.

Attached: 1557078271.png (2135x674, 61K)

Would if I could but not for long.
t. Not American nor Indian and works in Tokyo.

Totally unrelated but I lieve in the middle of fucking nowhere in Europe. How the fuck am I supposed to get a programming job in a place that isn't shit? And when I say in the middle of nowhere I actually mean it.

>living off 32k in the bay area
>no taxes included
HAHA

>1 bedroom apartment is 4k a month
>surrounded by autistic soibois and pajeets and literally nothing else
honestly would be one of my last choices to move

Kek. I hope you're saving lives with this work. I develop exprimental treatments for types of leukemia found mostly in children, and I make 57k per year.

that's what i'd prefer but no idea how to go about doing that

If you can get hired sure. Work at a top 10 company for 5-10 years, save up enough for a mansion, move back home.

you probably live like a monk. most people want to live like a normie and have an apartment, a gf, etc.

not everyone's trying to save the world, faggot

But it seems you're doing your best to counteract overpopulation..

Is the cost of living really that big of a deal?

>is it worth getting a job here
Not really
you will just end up as a junky sitting on a beach with a bottle of wine and then going round town begging from strangers to get enough money to buy more wine

Do you want to be working when you're 70+ at the same capacity as when you're in your 20's?

Yes?

Mfw live in the Bay Area but don’t work in tech

Attached: 8BF3FBA9-67F8-42D6-BCE5-F8D7CF1C3696.jpg (225x225, 12K)

how are you posting from your cardboard box?

I make 290k a year, pretty comfy desu

obviously no one's gonna retire there or buy a home with a $130k salary

Ukraine is not Europe

what do you do?

The poverty line in that city is around 100k.

Even if you get a bullshit job at Google, Facebook, etc, the living expenses are IMMENSE.

if you can, definitely go for it!
you should focus on making connections and gathering as much experience as possible in your first year, not just about software development but also about corporate structure and dealing with business. most people either make their own startup or go work elsewhere with the tech giant experience as a selling point on their resume after 1 or 2 years. if you can make it up the ladder while in though, you'll basically be set for life. there's a LOT of middle management bullshit and competition, but that's the case everywhere just not to the same extent, if you can handle that it's definitely worth it in the long run

$4k in rent a month is doable with a $130k salary

i would rather live in NYC/Seattle with the same salary or in literally any other city with less salary and far lower CoL

yeah well good luck many that salary anywhere else

You can get it in NYC and Seattle.
But basically the point is I'd rather live anywhere else than the Bay Area, I don't want to be surrounded by pajeets and soibois all day

the tech industry is full of pajeets and basedboys regardless of where you are

tech industry doesnt dominate most areas like it does in the Bay Area. when you step outside of the workplace there's a more diverse range of people

Don't come to our little piece of paradise. We're full.

Attached: conservative haven.png (448x506, 186K)

God no

get checks out

What can you do?

Can I eat your breadcrumbs?