Decide to make Facebook account to promote my photos

>decide to make Facebook account to promote my photos
>give name, surname, phone number and photo
>account gets blocked twice, first asked for phone again, second time asked for photo, again
>after few days of "investigating" photo, account gets locked for good and FB ask for ID card scan
>the same document that, scanned too, can be used at banks to take loans

Why social media networks got so shitty? I mean, I wanted to see how it works and Im instead denied access for no reason.

Can somebody explain this fuss for me? Because I don't understand a bit.

Attached: 1563383410211.jpg (500x333, 53K)

Just don't use it.

Just datamining mate. Same with twitter, I registered without phone number, followed a couple people and then set it up for tweetdeck (twitter owns tweetdeck) and then my account got frozen for suspicious behavior and they required my phone number to unlock it.

That's the easiest solution but at the same time nearly all models I sent photos I did for them wanted FB account to link to, rather than private site link. When I ask other photographers IRL, they gives me advices like "check FB groups for models", people tell me to send them messages over FB, some even react with suspicious when I tell them I don't have account. One person even said she don't even use email anymore.

It's like vital communication channel and Im denied for no reason.

This is reaching absurd levels now. What else they will want soon? Entire medical history and proofs from employers?

>hating Facebook for wanting a photo of your ID, and not the banks for not having any proper verification system in place

In case your forgot, ID, at least in Europe, is critical and highly private information that you might need to show to police officer but definitely not some social service.

You do realize that doesn't happen to anyone else, do you?
You're on a list.

>and not the banks for not having any proper verification system in place

what would that be? the whole ID system doesn't really work. eventually they'll have a DNA based system, but really, what could a bank do that they don't do now?

this nigga is correct, invoke GDPR now

twitters filled with bots, so phone numbers are used to cut down their numbers

I heard stories of people having to unlock their accounts every few days for weird reasons like having surnames in different languages than the ones they posted in. This whole system is clearly retarded.

My only "crime" is not having account so far. Maybe they cant figure out who I am due to not being tagged on photos, I don't know. Im pretty sure they could do it without problems, tho. Im being treated like criminal for no reason and that pisses me off.

>some even react with suspicious when I tell them I don't have account. One person even said she don't even use email anymore.
I fucking hate these """people"""

Attached: homer disgust.jpg (600x886, 35K)

same here except for the tweetdeck part, said fuck that and now i don't use fagbook anymore instead.

i had to look up someone by weeb username to check if the person was ok after a robbery, used a shortened version of my name and got locked out withing a day. showed my id, but it was blurry as fuck thanks to cumpad t420 camera. account got deleted 8 hours later, probably because looked even more sketchy than a typical spambot.
i think jewbook is becoming desperate dealing with spambots and scams.

Not sure when they started pulling this bullshit, but it's retroactive too. I tried logging into an old anonymous account I had from like 10 years ago, and it demanded I upload a picture of my ID to verify who I was.

Thank god I never fell for the faceberg meme

You can always create a standalone page just for your business.
>can like pages
>can chat
>can join groups
I assume you work with photography, this will do just fine duud.

That's what I wanted at the start. Instead, it said I need account first to create page. Sucks.

So, it's safe to assume that now its next to impossible to create new account and their system of "anti-fake accounts" eventually does more harm than good?

You really don't need that.

I do, really. You might try it yourself, when you try to make page, it ask you for login. There used to be possible in the past, now it cant.

Use Squarespace or 500px instead like a normal person. Yes it is paid but it is a more separate media and you won't run into the "giving all your photos away for free no matter what" problem
Also paid Flickr Pro is getting better than old free for all Yahoo era Flickr.

you absolutely positively did something wrong here
i have a fake fb account i have used for years for things that require it for signup, and the account literally has (my name) "fake account" as the name without issues

But I already have private site. I only need communication channel.

Too bad they didn't actually told me anything.

Ah. Instagram with massively downscaled and compressed images

Instagram is also owned by FB. But do they follow their retarded policy in blocking?

Shameful selfbump.

All I know is /p/ is all about their instagrams. And Sony, but that is irrelevant.

Maybe instagram will be better choice but I have no guarantee that they won't block it as well for no reason.

This only harms people who have somehow managed to make it to 2019 without a Facebook account AND have qualms about giving Facebook photos of their ID.
That's mostly click farmers, criminals and turbo-autists, none of which are welcome on Facebook anyway. The system is working as intended.

Oh, so not wanting to show fucking social service one of critical private data which is serious breaking of law now thanks to GDPR, makes me criminal?

Pardon me but do you have some sort of brain damage?

Ps, it applies back - out of curiosity, when I told my mother about it during phone conversation, she decided to try to log into her account, left behind in 2010. They asked her for ID too. So this whole system is eating its own tail.

No, it makes you worthless. You want to use Facebook for, what, talking to clients? What utility would Facebook derive from this?
You're not going to drive users to it. You're not going to spend time viewing or clicking on ads. You are of zero or negative utility to them and they have no interest in enabling your behaviour.
Normal people, the ones that Facebook is actually interested in having as users, have absolutely no problem with showing their ID. Only worthless people do.
The system is working as intended.

You're glowing

Your retardness is showing or you are being too sarcastic here.