Android

Is there a phone company that respects your _basic_ freedom, on which you can reliably update and upgrade the OS yourself and install your own apps, etc like a Linux PC user?

Why have tech literate people been letting themselves to be fucked in the ass by the fucking phone industry??
Vote with your money you fools!

Attached: phone.png (428x580, 448K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e.foundation/e-pre-installed-smartphones/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes! Remember those humanoids in Blade Runner??
How are they called as?? ....

the only people who are willing to even care at all are little all or nothing babies who are holding out for perfect completely open source phones with not only no nonfree software installed by default, but that actively prevent the user from having nonfree software at all. Meanwhile my latest phone has a hardware fuse that is designed to burn out and brick the phone if you roll back to a prior version of android

>use basic mobile operator
>think his is secure and untracked
Kek

look, here's one of the all or nothing babies who won't fight at all because they can only get some, but not all, of the things they want. Speak of the devil.

Well, there's Linux on mobile, stuff like Plasma Mobile (or whatever it's called) and there's the Librem 5 phone. There's even Sailfish OS too but they can't compete against Android or IOS because these projects aren't backed and financed by massive corporations.

> holding out for perfect completely open source phones
I'm not holding out but my current smartphone is very basic 100something $ Taiwanese shit.
Its hardware and 8 core CPU could probably support the newest OS but it's stuck on some ancient one and many apps can no longer can be installed.
I hope you agree that this is fucking ridiculous.
I decided to only support companies that don't put users in these situations.

>could probably support the newest OS but it's stuck on some ancient one and many apps can no longer can be installed.
Also, it has known Linux kernel security vulnerabilities.
This is what you get when there are no upgrades.
Think about it.

Why are there no factory camera covers for smartphones?

If making smartphones was like writing a program I would start a crowdfunding thing to engineer a human rights respecting device.

But all the hardware engineers and vcs are apparently busy building the next Juciero!

phones are location trackers, why would an oem want to make it harder to track you???

Because attempting to sell Juciero is more important than a phone for knowledgeable techies and normies with brains.

Replicants

To get my money.

phones are botnets if you like privacy dont use or at the very least use a T9 or lineage burner phone.

real secure guys use satellite phones

Attached: 1072247772.jpg (1000x541, 94K)

It's only the case because there isn't a strong organized techie user lobby to protect users' human rights.

e.foundation/e-pre-installed-smartphones/

No. Librem 5 and Pine64 Phone are coming soon.
But, you can get unofficial support if your device has Treble (and isn't locked shit like Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung in US, etc.). GSI is a single-ish image which works on every treble device.

Privacy focus is fucking insane too when almost all phones are 100% easily hackable.

Because they're stuck on some old kernel and can't be upgraded.
Almost all pople run ancient OSs.

Modern phones are laptops/tables but infinitely more mobile.
It's not for making calls.

I have a pretty capable phone which I don't mind to brick, how can I test that or any advanced alternative OS?
Is there a detailed instruction somewhere?

replicant.us

xda forums

>satellite phones
>proceed to post an handheld radio
user..

Whereto look there? Is there a place that has reliable info of what's possible ?

search for you phone model and go to the model's specific forum

The forum is just endless calls for help because someone bricked their shit and tries to restore to the original (Indian version) of Android 5.

You can install linux on your phone

> locked shit like Xiaomi
unironically the best phones to put lineage os on.

what's a current phone you can buy in the US and put lineage on?
t.samsungfag

any of oneplus shit

what if you don't care about privacy and just want to be able to uninstall bloatware and have the phone last >1 year before updates make it sluggish as shit?

Attached: 1510120435940s.jpg (246x250, 7K)

pixel + grapheneos

Modern phones are telephones but infinitely more mobile.
Mobile computing is a meme.

best you can do is looking up compilation guides and shit. start with replicant documentation.