twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

surf/elinks/lynx
google search from terminal

>2019
>Jow Forums
>not using vivaldi
wew lad

Just use Firefox god dammit.

Attached: 1B105BC1-A25D-4A20-9F10-99CC70D17A47.jpg (550x396, 79K)

I've been using Vivaldi for a while, it's decent if you're into customizing things

this. the tab stacking is also really nice.

Brave is not a botnet, prove me wrong.

>Indians have toilets, prove (probe) me wrong

I'm using Vivaldi but I won't recommend anything. Try some browsers yourself and pick whichever suits you, don't just trust Jow Forumstards.

qutebrowser

Chrome in full blown botnet mode

Kiwi

Still no evidence against Brave.

Firefox Preview

>jewgle chrome with a skin
post discarded

Android: Firefox or Kiwi
Desktop: Firefox and/or Tor Browser

the current browser situation is a fucking nightmare but here's a synopsis

>firefox
can be tweaked to respect your privacy but it's a pain in the ass, takes a ton of about:config and user.js changes to become a respectable browser.
>icecat
less hassle than firefox but back when I used it, it never got fucking updates. Also not an option for windows users, the one guy's github is suspicious as fuck
>pale moon
a lot of talk about some older versions being compromised. Aside from poor supervision from developer it seems harmless
>ungoogled chromium
same issues as icecat
>iridium
can't get used to it because I hate chrome based browsers but it seems to be the best if you're migrating from chrome
>waterfox
spyware neocities page on it hasn't been updated in almost a year. Not as much spyware on it now as there was before, not that much better than firefox, though
>vivaldi
maximum comfy browser functionality-wise but it's a botnet. Not as bad as something like google chrome though.
>qutebrowser
never used it. a text-based browser sounds like autism shit, though. text-based is only good for lower end software like music players or email clients.

Literally tracks your usage for shitcoin distribution

What about Brave ?

It's pretty fuckin' simple, download and install ungoogled chromium. Ignore all posts with the word Brave

Enterprise/corporate -- Edge
Home PC -- Vivaldi or hardened Firefox
Phone -- Kiwi and Klar

OP said brave shills need not apply so I assumed we all knew it was garbage. here's my hot take; avoid at all costs. Not any better than google chrome
i forgot to mention that installing addons is a pain in the ass on ungoogled because of the lack of integration with the google web store. I know why they did it but it makes it difficult to reccomend, especially to newbies.

What about for Android?

Attached: JPEG_20190722_195928.png (249x249, 43K)

I installed Brave few months ago and had no issues with it whatsoever. Why do people hate on Brave so much ?

This thread appears indefinitely. Someone needs to make a wiki page or something.

>Brave shills not allowed

Attached: ok.jpg (351x351, 18K)

because it gives Facebook and Google a free pass to spy on you despite marketing itself as a privacy browser

Don't know and don't care what the imbeciles at Jow Forums recommend, but ProtonVPN recommends brave.

Attached: 1564149804793.jpg (1213x626, 120K)

how do you know? did you run any tests on it? because if you did you'd realize that it makes a fuckton of requests to google and facebook upon first launch.
is kiwi FOSS? I was thinking of switching my mobile browser

Phone - Privacy browser with Bromite Webview if you have root, Bromite if you don't
Desktop - Ungoogled-Chromium if you can stand the compile times and having to manually manage extensions, Iridium if you can't
Firefox based browsers are a security nightmare, check the OpenBSD debates on the matter if you want to know more

>botnet recommends spyware

I don't use brave but for people who do you can disable the ledger service from starting by removing the line in bat_ledger in your config directory. Shift+Esc to verify it's not starting which will save around ~100mb (even if you didn't opt in).

I don't think I could ever take brave seriously when they refuse to block first party ads. I'm not sure what the point of brave is if you have to use ublock with it and you disable the shields anyway might as well use ungoogled-chromium.

Browsers are all really shit now.

Your "hote take" ain't worth more than a dogs fart

>asks me my opinion on brave
>give opinion on brave
>"hurr nobody asked retart"
fuck off brave shill, I hope your pay is shit.

Attached: getaloadof.gif (260x199, 910K)

>qutebrowser
>text based
define what you mean by text based here

All local, explicitly opt in, and with source code available if you'd like to prove me wrong

I'd rather not speak any further on qutebrowser, because as I said before, I've never used it, I was just immediately dismayed when I heard it was text based. I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place, I'm not at all qualified.

for Android I've been using bromite for the past few days, it just werks

i have used qutebrowser before, not recently though, but i'm not sure that "text based" is the right description here. it's not like lynx or anything, it still renders web pages like any mainstream browser but the UI is designed from the ground up to be entirely navigable by keyboard, like the vimperator addon for firefox. pretty sure you can still use it with a mouse too if you wanted.

If you use Windows, Just download and install Chrome. What's the big deal? Even if some browsing data is collected, what are they going to do to you? Literally nobody cares. You're an insignificant ant. If it isn't Chrome collecting your data, it's the OS. If it isn't the OS, it's your ISP. You can't live 'off the grid'. If you use one service or pay a visit to a service that's related to a Silicon Valley tech giant they'll send that information to each other, so Facebook will still know you better than your mother even if you don't use Facebook.

Hardly a botnet

ProtonVPN headquarters/facilities are in Switzerland, means no EU/US jurisdiction and one of the stricter privacy laws in the world.

Opera touch

Brave.

Only SJW NPC faggots use that shit.

I really don't get this attitude of "if at least one thing will always be spying on you, might as well just let everything spy on you, right?" It doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, isn't it better to be spied on by less people than all of them? Also, why would they even want to collect your information if it "didn't matter" or didn't contribute to anything because of how insignificant you are? I don't care what they need it for, I don't want them collecting it. It's a matter of principal. Even if I didn't care about privacy I still wouldn't use chrome because it's a genuinely shitty browser. I'd use something like vivaldi or firefox because they provide me more options than jewgle does.

I've been using Firefox since the dawn of time never changed and have no reason to change.

>pretends to be concerned about privacy
>posts on Jow Forums(nel)

Do you care about FOSS?
If yes, get any FOSS browser.
If no, get any browser.

>>firefox
>can be tweaked to respect your privacy but it's a pain in the ass
No it's not. There's multiple ready-to-use configurations out there (like ghacks'). You basically just copy and paste text, or download the file and drop it inside the Firefox profile folder.

Debotneted Firefox

Be me a Jow Forumsfag use firefox

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

Got anything more recent? Like that image that's floating around that debunks this site?

Brave is literally the only mobile browser I've tried that actually blocks YouTube ads

Nah I just threw it for lolz, I use firefox since it has some fire addons on android.
Waiting for that new firefox browser to support addons, until that I ain't even taking it for spin.

No waterfox? Been using if for a while, rarely have issues

Yeah I tried it out, I would honestly say:
Lightning browser > Firefox Preview > Firefox Nightlly > Chrome

In terms of responsiveness.

So this Brave browser is good enough to rattle to the street poopers shilling for Google on this board?

Lynx. Text is the only relevant form of information on productive websites.

based lightning chad

literally says Firefox in the first sentence

Is there ANYTHING that can allow you to load 10 or 1000 pages from bookmarks of simple text WITHOUT crashing the webbrowser?

Install Firefox

Vivaldi has the best features and cutomization by far, which make a big difference. But its UI is not very responsive since it's rendered as HTML so there is always some delay between actions. Firefox offers a good compromise between speed and customization.

Everything else is a meme choice that lacks features compared to the aforementioned 2 browsers.

its not a botnet but is a total shit

The only good mainstream browser.

Attached: image.jpg (216x219, 46K)

>watching YouTube in a mobile browser

Attached: 1561090186482.png (494x433, 206K)

>I need to see linus's facial pores

you are right for non dub/stupid/pointless shows tho. i much prefer to watch coding tutorials on my laptop

my phone has a better battery though

>HELP MY BROWSER JUST CHECKED FOR UPDATES THIS IS BOTNET IM BEING VIOLATED RAPE RAAAAAPEEEEE

Waterfox because of legacy addons for the UI. Fucking Mozilla makes everything fucking butt ass ugly as sin. Chromes history is garbage.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1398x1049, 168K)

Attached: k-meleon.jpg (920x961, 182K)

Any answer that isn't qutebrowser is the wrong answer

SJW are using Google Chrome
diversity.google/

dissenter browser heh

based. i use it because of the comment feature. fuck censorship

Use IceCat
Enjoy your freedom

how does one obtain hardened firefox? or do I harden FF myself? should I use quantum and tweak that nigger a bit?

Sorry
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

heat to 600°C for 20mins, then dip into cool oil bath to shock it
afterwards let it relax at 350°C for 30mins
polish with wax once cooled down

After all this thread still the best answer

Even if it is all local (which you can't truly verify unless you're a dev), then why would anyone choose to use it? It's like using a program with one defining feature, a feature that is crucial to the existence of the program (tracking for BAT distribution) and its entire business model, when you don't want that feature, and when there are better programs for the job.

Brave's ad-blocker is also useless when pitted again ublock (especially performance-wise), and even adblock plus (because brave's ad-blocker doesn't allow custom lists, and has a hardcoded white-list for its own ad-servers, and its partners). Don't even bother to try and argue the performance aspect, as one of you guys got trounced a few days when we all pointed out that ublock beats brave's ad-blocker in *all* metrics but one.

It's like using an ad-server and BAT wallet to browse the web with an embedded chromium / blink engine, when you can actually use one of myriad other choices that were made to be web browsers first and foremost. Brave is a crypto-voucher and ad-serving company. It's stupid, and BAT will never take off (because only "influencers" can really take advantage of it), meaning that brave will die before you know it.

Right now Iridium for windows and Ungoogled Chromium for linux.

and if one of them breaks your workflow you need to go back and revise one by one leading to the issue mentioned by the guy you replied to

Bromite.

Attached: 1564185530491.png (1023x2253, 190K)

I use it because it's a nice compromise of mostly degoogling without going full autism (ie you can still install extensions fine unlike ungoogled chromium) and gets regular updates (unlike iridium)

I also like the UI tweaks, the Tor tabs (useless for proper privacy right now but fine for getting around blocks) and anti-fingerprinting

BAT isn't the only revenue source - browsers make money from default search engines and since it's FOSS it's likely that they'll get donations like Mozilla does. If it dies in the future, so be it. I'll just switch to something else then, but for now I'm quite happy

I wrote a python script to download extensions based on the web store URL in about 30 min, it's fucking easy to do.

Brave, me and my wife love it!

Get help.

How good is Otter on Linux

Sorry

Attached: SpywareMutt.jpg (259x194, 11K)

Iridium for desktop.
Bromite for mobile.

Attached: 1546675352894.png (500x500, 107K)

>Browser 4G's on the list
>They haven't upgraded to 5G yet

>Not actually reading that Brave has analytics on main page or other spyware

Well post any reason I should use it then

Only really worth it for 98/2000 builds. It's antiquated af

Started using Yandex like three weeks ago just on a whim but because it had most of my Chrome stuff imported by default and Chrome started acting up later I just started using it as my default, the only real options for browsers are forks that can run Chrome/Firefox extensions, if they can't they're useless, because no one else is including a 10 year of library of extensions in their browser, everyone else is obsessed with light weight and security which is way over blown, fucntionality is the most important part of a browser

Puffin

Attached: 1564210890809.jpg (256x82, 12K)

It doesn't lol

iridium on desktop
bromite on android