Wait for Zen 3

Attached: 1563884155644.jpg (960x960, 212K)

>Wait for Zen 3

Attached: Perhaps the sun god.jpg (1280x720, 120K)

How close does Zen 3 need to get before the intel shills are telling us to wait for Zen 4?

>Intel shills
Speak for yourself, I'm stuck on Intcel 4 cores 4 threads and have to wait for Zen 3 to avoid paying to be a beta tester

how based can one cat be?

Buy Intel.

Very based

Attached: Large.jpg.jpg (448x344, 42K)

Zen3 is still DDR4.
Zen4 will be 5nm, support DDR5, probably have PCI-E 5.0 as well. More lanes and bandwidth than you can shake a Xeon at.
Its just a shame that its so far away for APUs. It'll be 2022 when AMD releases their 5nm APU. At the very least it'll set the bar for low power performance. They should easily be able to exceed RX 460 performance with the IGP. We might see around 3 to 3.5TFLOPS from the IGP with ample memory bandwidth.
DDR5 spec for officially supported speeds starts at 5500mt/s and goes to 6400mt/s. A dual channel system could have 88GB/s to 102.4GBs.

Zen 4 will be beta testing too

either a beta tester or on an arch so old exploits can be written in javascript.

Thats how it goes when a company actually has new core arch instead of constant refreshes for half a decade. There are bugs on launch.
Zen 3 and Zen4 should both bring major architectural changes from Zen2. Just as Zen2 had major changes compared to Zen1.

>Zen3 is still DDR4.
We still don't know 100% for sure yet.

Yes we do. Enterprise Milan is on the same socket, still using DDR4.
AM4 will have one more generation of chips with Zen3 parts.

There's no Zen 2+ like there was Zen+, so you'll still be a beta tester on Zen 3.

>There are bugs on launch.
IS it really so difficult to check if all your CPU's instructions work correctly under perfectly normal conditions? They'd have caught their bugs by just running each instruction and verifying the result but nooooo. Users are test animals nowadays.

Yeahh I was going to wait for 7nm APUs but that whole 1 year lag on APUs in annoying and its probably not going to be that much better anyway, so I'm thnking of waiting for lower Navi models, like 5500/5600

Its hard to test one CPU 100% when there are dozens of different mobos on the market all running their own BIOS/UEFI implementations, and some lag behind on the AGESA you provide.

If it's more similar to zen2 then the firmware probably wont fucking suck so much on launch

I really think if Zen 3 was going to be to Zen 2 what Zen+ was to Zen, they'd really just call it Zen 2+. Going straight for 3 means they already had some significant changes in the pipeline.

I was talking about RDRAND specifically which is a fuckup on AMD's side and has absolutely nothing to do with mobos or bios implementations. They literally didn't test if the CPU works correctly before rolling it out.

hehehereheha kritty krat :)

>Going straight for 3 means they already had some significant changes in the pipeline
Or that they got a marketing department
He cute