Attached: dlog.png (1200x910, 302K)

Based language. Like C, but better and less maintained

4th letter of the English Alphabet
It comes after C
It comes before E

>chilling external external CD drives subliminally

Give it to her.

Attached: images(2).jpg (259x194, 5K)

Seems interesting but haven't bothered learning it because C++ copies all of their good ideas anyway.

It's what Rust is trying to be, but was 10 years ahead of the game.
Nobody adopted it, though, so it's traction remained low.
The thing about languages is that nobody will use it if other people aren't using it.
It's a chicken and the egg scenario.

The creators of D Lang needed a big, popular project written with it for it to take off but nobody did.
It's the same with all other languages. Docker was written in Go, so usage of Go went through the roof.
Facebook picked Rust for Libra, so if it catches on, it'll spur a growth of Rust usage.

It's C++ with marginally improved syntax, a bunch of bloat nobody asked for, and a GC.

You're a faggot, you shouldn't need to be red pilled on D

why not?

It utterly failed because of GC.

very underated language

It suffers from weak promotion unlike its competitors like Rust and Go. Definitely C++ too.

D has superior abstraction power though so it has the potential to be faster than comparable C++ code at a lesser cost.

It uses same memory layout as C and C++ too

One needs to make an original project that benefits from D's features and purpose, which is systems programming. The worse thing that can hurt a language is most of its projects being rewrites of already popular software. Whenever I see some software advertising itself as "This project is X written in Rust/Go/Haskell/etc." it's a sign such language will not get any traction.
What D needs is some library or project that provides something new, not a complete rewrite.

>c++ with bloat
the irony

i know andrei alexandrescu used D inside facebook to do some php compiler magic for their hhvm. i thought facebook will back D but they didn't.

it's not lisp

>like C
So bad
>less maintained
So no tools, the one thing that makes C still worth considering

Attached: love is pain.png (835x1200, 502K)

Except after C

Learn and use Nim instead

Attached: nim.png (300x205, 8K)

This.

probably really shit, I've barely heard of it. to conclude, won't get you a job, might be fun though.

I am really interested in it. There is a niche for any well made static language that is cross platform, and doesn't have a giant JVM.

Unfortunately:

- its not stable. Standard library and language changes frequently.
- The compiler has a weird license?
- It has a big fat runtime.
- You can't practically use it without a garbage collector, besides how it is advertised.
- Its not available on openbsd.

Part 2

Andrei has some good ideas, but the libraries are not near as well thought out as C++ std. It really is him and the Digital mars guy just throwing out there ideas.

Could have been based.
Is just schizophrenic language that half-assedly implements whatever is cool that year and forever forgets about the previous feature-of-the-week and all the bugs riddling it.

>half-assed library
>half-assed GC
>half-assed pattern matching

Does it worh learning C or should I give Dlang a try?

its C++ with less features. or less bloat depending on how you see everything C++ has
if what you want its all C++ has to offer you dont want this. if you like C++ but think it has too much useless shit. you will like D

>its C++ with less features
except that's wrong retard

>Bloated like c++
>gc
>no one using it
I will stick to c11 thank you