Why do reference cards have blower fans?

It seems widely accepted that Internal Exhausts are better for most builds.
So why do GPUs usually release initially with a blower style fans?
Also are their any benefits to blower fans?

Attached: doesnt blow as hard as your mom.jpg (1500x1079, 167K)

i use blowers because i want the heat shot out the back of my case. not blown onto another component.

External exhaust is better for most OEM computers, where the majority of reference cards go.

better if your case has shitty airflow
also tends to be cheaper

Blower is better for smaller form factor cases or server racks since it exhausts hot air directly out instead of circulating hot air inside the case.

quality b8

Benefits for end user: Heat goes out the back rather than in your case. This is good for cases with limited, bad or no airflow.

Benefits for the company: Cheaper to produce.

Attached: RX5700.png (1000x612, 432K)

To please AIB partners, so they can make better and more appealing cards.

Because some people that actually do things fill their slots and blower cards don't choke airflow as long as the second card is shorter.

nvidia cards haven't needed good cooling since kepler
amd is just retarded I guess?

OP here, thanks, i feel like my question has been answered.

*Lock the thread.

Attached: based anons.gif (394x294, 2.38M)

>pascal reference cards "normal use" temps are >80 °C

because you stupid PC faggots think you can build a computer better than world class engineers so to avoid lawsuits they put fans in because they know your stupid pea brain won't set it up correctly to begin with

tldr Macs > windows fuck you

Attached: HMQT2_AV5.jpg (2000x1136, 171K)

>thinking you can design a computer better than a world class team

top fucking lel

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 2.35.43 PM.png (1298x1294, 985K)

>Also are their any benefits to blower fans?
Heat is exhausted outside the case and not inside.

>any benefits to blower fans?
AIB partners make more money
pretty sure that's the biggest reason AMD is still clutching to blower coolers

I though the trashcan Mac had a problem with GPUs overheating
So do most modern Macbooks

I am going to enjoy when Antony put together better and cheaper iMac by literally jury-rigging the OS.
Again.

Internal exhausts have their own flaws, namely recirculating a ton of heat into the case, potentially impacting the CPU temperature and even the GPUs own temperature. Pushing the hot air right out of the case is fundamentally a good idea, the only problem is that in reference cards the heatsink always ends up too small to accommodate the fan, and that the fan is too small and loud. It would work a lot better if you had a huge adapter at the front that allowed you to mount a CPU fan to push the air through the cooler.

They do, and not just modern Macbooks, older Macbooks were infamous for having overheating and faulty GPUs back when they were partnered with Nvidia.

Mod here, thanks for the response.
I will sticky this and lock it now.

Attached: 1558300690489.png (500x552, 138K)

not this shit again...

Open exhaust GPUS blow hot air into each other when you stack a bunch of them. The blowers would still work in a prebuilt workstation with 4 gpus and just one case fan.

AMD gpus and TITAN/TESLA/QUATRO are still made with blowers to still be operable in the worst case scenario.

They don't knwo where the fuck are their GPUs going to be installed and their responsibility is to make them work anywhere.

technically a centrifugal fan.
high cfm

As a frequent user of this forum i think this thread has broken forum rule 643.

This question has been asked 5 years ago and the use should have posted in that thread :angryface:
----------------------------------------------
A broken clock is right twice a day
MSN: [email protected]
Digg
del.icio.us

LOW CFM but higher pressure though.

Axial fans have much higher flow than centrifugal ones.

Depends, if your case is prebuilt and only relies on the PSU for pulling air out then yeah chances are a blower card has major benefits for pushing air out.

If you have additonal fans like a top vent and cpu vent, as well as a front fan to pull in air making a push/pull blower type cards serve little to no benefit

How can one man be so based? Its truly beyond me

>tfw when you post in the 5 year old thread and then get warned for "thread necromancy"
You can't please those 500.000 post super ultra platinum delux elite star rainbow gem posters.

Allegedly. And even so, why is that justification for making it the default? In reality, the only thing they might be good for are niche mini-ITX builds. Why make the reference card - the default - something that is useless and detrimental for every build except this infinitesimally small fraction of builds out there?

Radial

>why is that justification for making it the default
The idea probably is that they want the product to work in as many scenarios as possible, including if it's choking in a shitty case with no airflow.

This post was marked as duplicate

I have a 3-year-old blower 1070. It never goes above 70 deg celsius even during furmark.

That's just because Apple haet noise. I got a mid 2011 mac mini for a special purpose a few years ago. Dusted it off about 6 months ago to use it's low TDP for something else.
The thing never wants to spin it's single fan until it hits like 70c temp. Changing thermal grease means nothing because the default fan curve is ridiclously low. The ironic thing is that it stores heat like nothing else so using it for any real work makes it unbearable to be in the same room as. It's a loud, low drone.

I almost want to just canibalise it and put a 140mm noctua on it instead, shame it can't take an AIO.

>because you stupid PC faggots think you can build a computer better than world class engineers so to avoid lawsuits they put fans in because they know your stupid pea brain won't set it up correctly to begin with
>tldr Macs > windows fuck you
can anyone explain what she meant by this?

I PM'd you the answer ;)

>all these meme marketing answers
It's cheaper

I guess it helps so you don't have to worry about getting nice airflow in your case.

Most prebuilt shitters have the PSU fan as the only exhaust fan. It probably reduces complaining/returns from people.

explain why he's wrong

Ah... Well.. no...fuck you.