Name a better duo

Name a better duo
>Protip: you can't

Attached: php-mysql.png (665x405, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ktRwIqdWdtE?t=2m10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*AHEM*

Attached: GNU-Linux_logo.png (620x434, 99K)

.45 and your head

Attached: 616337.png (596x392, 575K)

FUCK WINDOWS
FUCK MAC
FUCK BSD

Attached: 1560081435565.png (1920x1080, 669K)

Based and GNU/Linuxpilled

Attached: Richard Stallman blesses.jpg (1688x2535, 1.15M)

compiled python and mysql

>not mariadb

/thread

The worst, most broken programming language and the worst, most broken database management software.
It's a match made in hell.

>worst, most broken database management software
Not even close.

Attached: 15158535687369.png (1200x1200, 96K)

Sql server and IIS disagrees with your NEET-tier assertion.

Add Node into it and you got Chad's starter pack.

Mysql might not be very good but Firebird is cancer.

>not postgres

PHP7 is better than Java.

perl+sqlite

I stand corrected.

inb4 ASP and MS Access.

HTML+CSS and of course GNU+Linux

my dick + ur mom

Elixir/Phoenix + Postgres

C + Segmentation fault (core dumped)

This, but it’s not better than Kotlin.

That’s a trio faggot.

C# + SQL Server
Python + PostgreSQL
Bash + SQLite

> Python + PostgreSQL
postgres is a good db for any language and project that could use it's features

> bash + sqlite
what is the point of this? seems like one of these weird memes like arch linux: underwhelming yet overcomplicated. why use sqlite rather than the filesystem? if you need sqlite why use a language like bash that's designed to script C programs and files/pipes?

tcsh + MongoDB
Dart + SQLite
Swift + Teradata
Rust + Green Plum

>Java + Oracle SQL Server
>C# + MS SQL Server
>Cobol + DB2 Server

That stuff is literally running the world. Stay cucked poorfags.

Attached: 1264953565981.png (256x256, 133K)

>what is the point of this? seems like one of these weird memes like arch linux: underwhelming yet overcomplicated. why use sqlite rather than the filesystem? if you need sqlite why use a language like bash that's designed to script C programs and files/pipes?
Any realistic webserver will require and generate loads of structured data. If you just write all that in a mess of subfolders or, god forbid, in a gigantic JSON file, that will quickly turn into an unmaintainable mess. Adding a database even to simple web applications does miles for maintainability. Also, SQLite is specifically designed to be much faster and more efficient than direct file access, pic related. Its one drawback as a backend database for a web server is that it can only do one write operation at a time, whereas reads are concurrent.

And Bash... it's just a lightweight possibility relative to everything else. Even with a base Arch install you already have Bash and SQLite installed, and the machine would use 70MB of RAM idling. Admittedly, manipulating your database efficiently and interfacing with a web server with Bash would be tedious, but it's technically possible and requires less so-called "bloat" than the other options.

Forgot the pic of course...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-27 35% Faster Than The Filesystem.png (1167x3602, 584K)

Windows 98 + a Plug and Play scanner

c and lua

that showed that performance was very close on linux. again, what's the point? if you need performance wouldn't you be using something other than bash scripts?

> run a webserver using bash and sqlite on arch
okay, nevermind. that's based AF. nodejs-tards btfo. I wanted a real use case and you provided it, so I take back my criticsm

I thought of a name for that stack, dunno if it has one already
Sick of LAMP? NodeJS got you down? Get ABS, the chad stack. Arch-Bash-Sqlite. A patrician's stack.

easily...

Attached: a5.png (644x524, 45K)

>Sick of LAMP? NodeJS got you down? Get ABS, the chad stack. Arch-Bash-Sqlite. A patrician's stack.
Get your ABS at your local Arch Linux mirror!

Can you even implement business logic in that?

>Can you even implement business logic in that?
CGI calls a script; the script returns HTML. You can do literally anything that's not interactive in real-time.

you can create real-time interactive apps using iframes

>oracle

Attached: php mariadb.png (535x357, 68K)

PHP/Postgres. Mysql is being deprecated, non-PHP example is Gitlab.

Hello Jow Forums I know this is not the place to ask for this sort of thing but I'm at my wits end.
I've looked through google and youtube to solve this problem to no avail.
All I want is to set up a lamp server.
However whenever I try to start mysql i get the following error:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
I've also tried unistalling and reinstalling mysql.

the system is configured wrong. you also left out any information that would be necessary for anyone to help you fix it. try running systemctl start mysqld
The error is very clear. the mysql socket doesn't exist, there is a permission problem, or the server daemon is not listening. Most likely, the daemon is not running or stopped running for some reason. This is a classic case of needing to read the documentation. Google and youtube are always a shot in the dark, you clearly went to those websites before reading through the documentation for the software you are using.

I tried that it said
Failed to start mysqld.service: Unit mysqld.service not found.
I think the mysql socket doesn't exist but what can I do to fix it?

Rust and Sex Reassignment Surgery

idk but you should use an ABS setup anyway. it's tried and true and more efficient than LAMP. Arch-Bash-Sqlite. Apache, mysql and php are bloat, you can get it all done with bash and sqlite on arch linux

>arch
bloat

>not using mongo
lol

no no no, call it Arch-Shell-SQLite, or ASS

youtu.be/ktRwIqdWdtE?t=2m10s