So what's up with all these infosec guys always trashing blockchain?

So what's up with all these infosec guys always trashing blockchain?

The majority of ICOs were/are bullshit, but the technology itself is pretty sound. It looks like there are some amazing things that blockchain will enable. I'm talking about blockchains like Hyperledger which have no cryptocurrency involved.

Are infosec guys just as much sheep as the rest of the herd or what?

Attached: blockchain-share.png (1200x628, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coindesk.com/information/what-is-the-difference-blockchain-and-database
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i hate myself and i want to die

Yes

>dude blockchain lmao

I mean it looks like it will be part of your life soon.

Pretty sure all records will be done this way in the future.

Why?

Why?

Is anyone actually paying attention?

hyperledger org/members

Attached: defrag-x-keynote-deploying-and-managing-global-blockchain-network-6-638.jpg (638x359, 65K)

isnt it just a fucking linked list + cryptography ? how hard is that ?

is that a new crypto ? >>Jow Forums : tell me more.

OP what you are seeing is an extension of tribalism that you see running rampant today.

In one camp you have bagholders who are so emotionally and financially invested in some type of crypto that it means everything to them. Even if it's wrong.

On the other side of the fence you have people who are psuedo intellectuals who simply parrot and regurgitate what they hear.

Unfortunately the "infosec" community is filled with paranoid narcissists and their mind is already set.

To me personally, blockchain should be looked more like an additional layer in the tcp/ip stack or protocol.

Not a crypto currency.

But what do I know.

The way it should have been introduced was as a p2p accounting system. The magic is in the network.

Nah not a crypto.

Just a giant group of probably the most wealthy and influential organizations who have a mutual interest in developing the tech

Jow Forums peaked when the fields were painted pink

Attached: 1517861295282.jpg (1706x1382, 146K)

Ethereum and the distributed app ecosystem is pretty amazing.

You're right.

But what happens to all the projects that have a utility token associated with such a volatile platform?

Do you make different amounts of money of different days depending on how strong the market is or what?

If you earn a bitcoin worth 11K one day and its worth 8K the next, sounds like a platform I don't want to be on.

90% of anyone in any group is a sheep.

trudat

>90% of anyone in any group is a sheep.
That's the exact percentage who use Windows.
Proof positive.

It's also the % of Linux users on Jow Forums.

You could say 90% of the world is sheep in that regard. There's always some greater sheep in the system. 90% of non-windows users will also be sheep. Its just the nature of Pareto's principle.

Same

But, if
>90% use windows and are sheep
>90% of the 10% who do not use windows are sheep
>90% of the 10% who are not sheep are sheep
, then who was shepherd?

In my opinion, the tech is solid, but useless right now, apart from magic meme money. I still haven't seen a single use of blockchain in a business that's not better served with a regular distributed database and a timestamp authority.

That said, I think something might come from turboautists fiddling with it, but without seeking monetary gain

coindesk.com/information/what-is-the-difference-blockchain-and-database

i still don't know why people should use a DB or blockchain

There are no shepherds, there are only sheeps and sheeps who believe themselves to be the mythical shepherd.

Did you miss the "timestamp authority" part of my post?
As for the trust argument, it's irrelevant for businesses, as they can trust their own servers with their own data.

so using "regular distributed database and a timestamp authority." instead of a blockchain is the same? are they the same thing, all in all?

>Just a giant group of probably the most wealthy and influential organizations who have a mutual interest in developing the tech

you can say the same thing about web dev javascript frameworks lmao

Oh, it was a real question... No, they aren't the same at all, but with the regular database you can do all the things that you can with the blockchain, provided you can trust a few nodes in the network to be authorities (typically your servers)

Not a single person is capable of providing a single example of what purpose blockchain has other than providing an open transaction log for cryptocurrency.

This is true for the biggest shills of it who play with cryptocurrency to the average Reddit shill who claims blockchain is great but can't provide a single example of why.

yeah me too

>retard discovers the market

Attached: wagie.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

did hyperledger already do an ICO? is it proof-of-stake?

>Just a thing supported by tens of big names in the industry and from outside influences
>Why do InfoSex people hate it
There's your answer?

>Muslim counting ballots

My people have a day where we all get together to fuck with the muslims and tell them to get the fuck out of our country.

I wish to see this fictional girl unfictionally killed for tampering in elections

Cool, this is not the future I choose and I won't take part in it. In my country, electronic voting is still banned, thankfully.

Based kike