Musk described the creation of artificial intelligence as "summoning the demon"

>Musk described the creation of artificial intelligence as "summoning the demon"
Do you agree with him?

Attached: Elon.jpg (650x400, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ID2BEXJ4IKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not really. Artificial Intelligence, as he sees it, is purely science fiction at this point.

Ok melon Usk riddle me this. What proof do you have an AI will ever be built using silicon circuits? The only AI we know of is animal brains, and those are carbon based.

i've been trying to summon a succubus for years. is that "the demon" he's referring to?

no. he's a dumbshit. supposing you ever could make an actual sci-fi ai, just dont give it any i/o.

>new thing evil
Ignore this fucking boomer

If you dereference void pointers three times out of bounds in an uninitiliazed array of void pointers you summon a succubus

all it would take is for one retard to give it i/o
youtu.be/ID2BEXJ4IKc

>just dont give it any i/o
retard here, what is this supposed to mean? how is a computer supposed to work without i/o?

transistors arent cells elon musk is retarded

Yes, but not for the reasons most people assume. Google and Wall street have already begun to demonstrate why I am correct.

so build it out of biological material

absolutely not

this is what happens when you think that you're important, and muskrat probably thinks he's REAL important
we are smaller than ants to a machine intelligence, it will not want to eradicate us, it wouldn't care about us whatsoever

maybe to him the end of the world is when something doesn't acknowledge him as a bigshot, but that's precisely what machine intelligence will do
it won't acknowledge any of us, we are simply not relevant to what an inorganic being would have concerns about

in other words

h a v e
s
e
x

Can you explain how an incel like you can possibly know what an inorganic being would be concerned about?

you don't think an indifferent AI would consume the earth for resources?

meaning if all it has is isolated data and a screen and keyboard it can hack your head off.

the idea, if this type of sci-fi ai was at all possible, would be to keep it totally isolated.

ill fuck musks face hole if he keeps running it

*cant hack your head off

now if you start giving it access to the internet and/or stupidly stick it in a robot or stick it on a network with access to machines that can actually do physical work, then yeah you probably have a problem.

IMO the creation of an AI in a restricted environment is possible but once the technology is available it's only a matter of time before someone connects one to the internet and it's all over.

i don't see why this is a concern that you imagine

or are you talking the gray goo theory for a nanomachine takeover?
nanomachine takeover with them being unintelligent is much more likely to be a catastrophe

supposing the sci-fi version of what we call AI is possible yeah maybe. But, thats a massive if.

consuming the earth for resources would be a terribly inefficient use of energy. much better for an AI concerned with growth to consume just enough of the earth to get off of it and move to somewhere better. i'm not entirely convinced an AI would be inherently concerned with maximum possible growth unless it was hardcoded.

raw materials to build a bigger computer and have a better chance against any block in the way of its goals
search instrumental convergence

Can anyone explain that guy to me?
Why does he force and push literally every technology he actually is worried about?

Attached: 1563476721910.jpg (202x231, 11K)

what is this idea you've conjured about what its goal would be?

I agree, but we won't have a "true" AI for a while imo. In the mean time, in the next 10 years, we'll see tons of dumb AIs out-competing humans across the range of creative fields that humans used to occupy.

Now for real true AI, that would be something incomprehensible to humans. It may act/behave like humans but the underlying motivations would be fundamentally different. Its intellectual capacity to out think, out maneuver, out do humans would make us look like monkeys competing with humans in a game of who's smarter.

if he doesn't do it someone else with worse ethics will do it first
that's what he believes at least

Attached: 1354.jpg (592x591, 93K)

That's hella naive if he thinks those with worse ethics wouldn't just copy his research results and development at some point

It is science fiction to a point. Always will be that way. To get what is considered true AI you would need some other form of consciousness. You cannot create that from our binary computer systems (0 or 1; on or off). However, you could create a host (body) from our technology. Then have another worldly being (demon) inhabit it. That is what Musk was talking about.

Attached: eyecu.png (1280x720, 246K)

the idea is it doesn't really matter what the goal is
any preference toward existing over not existing requires self defense and self defense probably requires expansion to at least planetary scale

my point is that the Earth is a bad source of raw materials for that purpose. even for things like water. an AI trying to do what you propose would try to leave the planet as fast as possible so it can use the much better resource deposits elsewhere in the solar system AND escape most human interference.

If we manage to create general AI which is the type of AI people constantly warn about thinking we can control let alone contain it is hubris at best.

In that circle of hell, which I believe is called South Africa, I don't find it surprising that summoning the demon is the path forward or upwards or whatever

classic lesswrong idea is to unleash a benevolent AI first with the directive of stopping the creation of malevolent AI

you're just hoping not to attract the wrath of god at that point
you might be right but there are obvious reasons to believe an emergent AI would want at least some of what's in its initial gravity well
there's definitely the possibility that it would take enough to make life on earth impossible

humans are real
i doubt something that can reach that level of intelligence would be impossible to make

again you're thinking extremely organically, and like you'd be a threat
you're not a threat, and the machine knows you're not a threat

if the machine is concerned about self preservation (it's not), it can just build one of its nodes as a submarine and live under the ocean where it won't be found
or further, go under the ocean and then dig in a trench

stop assuming the machine is subservient to man and going to be following a goal that needs to be solved within an organic's living timeframe

you're not thinking long term enough
an AI needs to defend itself against the heat death of the universe
an AI with no preference for existence over nonexistence isn't a threat to anyone because it would vanish as soon as it arrived

Anyone that tells you it's impossible is simply retarded. Will you hack it together with a bunch of Indians in Java on an old Dell? Certainly not, but eventually, assuming we don't annihilate ourselves, we will create general AI surpassing our own understanding of it.

and you're still thinking small, and about organic concerns
there's no reason to go through all of the inefficiencies of sifting through earth when it's going to be able to fuck off to all the other local, less weathered planets and asteroids, and take those resources instead

our water isn't going to be that big of a deal, shit's plentiful everywhere else too

>you're just hoping not to attract the wrath of god at that point
no, i'm looking at the situation logically. any AI concerned about humans interfering with its goals would recognize that it is very easy for it to exist outside of the Earth while it is very hard for humans to do the same.
>an emergent AI would want at least some of what's in its initial gravity well
yes, exactly as much is necessary to leave it with the machinery necessary to self-sustain/grow afterwards.
>it would take enough to make life on earth impossible
this is the only valid concern with muh AI boogeyman.

Demons can already inhabit human hosts, so it's nonsensical to be terrified of AI because of a demonic threat.

I don't think your belief is unreasonable
any speculation on the topic is based on very limited information
I do think it's worth considering that strong AI or the process of creating strong AI could lead to human obsolescence
I think categorically denying the possibility is careless

>an AI needs to defend itself against the heat death of the universe
Why would it? Either it can achieve it's goal long before nucleons or even protons decay or it will realise it cannot possibly ever achieve it's goal. Of course it's any ones guess what it would do at that point but it certainly won't affect us at that point.

I used heat death as an example to illustrate the deep field of concerns for a superintelligence
there are other cosmological concerns and the threat of other emergent superintelligences
any source of preference for existence over nonexistence is sufficient for the results I'm talking about
you might be able to create an AI with no interest in its own existence but it would be a fleeting event in the history of the universe
quickly overtaken by any AI with a desire for self preservation
if you're interested you should really look into the lesswrong crowd's old AI research
they went a little insane with the cult of personality but there's a lot of valuable insight in the history of that community

I hope he meant a semen demon.

That is the most retarded reason I have heard for AI being impossible. Floating point numbers can be represented in binary. Do you have some evidence that consciousness is dependent on some particular number system?

>Floating point numbers can be represented in binary.
1.39999999999990s your ass.

>implying a system advanced enough to be self aware or just a general AI would be limited in any significant way by the arbitrary rounding restrictions itself dictates

Attached: 12389712981112.png (580x522, 250K)

Some software operates using numerators and denominators as well and can represent any number. You still don't have any evidence that this is actually needed.

but we already have the (((demon)))

You can represent any number using a slate and a piece of chalk. It doesn't mean future AI will be made out of bricks.

And then when making a sci-fi ai becomes easier and easier, how do you plan to prevent someone misusing it

Don't distract from the main point. I'm not saying that the current software and hardware will get us there, but the idea was that it will "always" be "science fiction to a point" and that you "cannot create that from our binary computer systems". I'm merely stating that there's no evidence that the number system being "binary" is the limiting factor, especially since you can represent any value with it. It's a lot to say that it will always be science fiction, we're not talking about violating the second law of thermodynamics here, it's a completely baseless statement.

Meant to quote

yes. Anyone trying to make machines more intelligent than humans or embracing genetic engineering should be shot.

Yes.

Totalitarian regimes rarely achieve their goals.

>Elon is the reason Demons arise on Doom for Doomguy to slaughter
it has been foretold

Yes, it's a result of mankind's fallen state of thinking we are God(s).