Fucking libtards at my school

Fucking libtards at my school

Attached: 8A0AE1B8-D6BC-4A61-87FB-AC1AE4CC84D3.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/
cython.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Petty shit like this makes me regret the hours I wasted tinkering with Gentoo.

at least rotate the image you fucking phoneposter

Attached: 1564196547869.jpg (3024x4032, 3.93M)

Why the fuck do people care so much, just let them do theirs. Nothing they do affects us, they're just like mosquitoes, pestering us but in the end nothing more than a little annoying.

>Literally nothing but buzzwords
This is why nobody takes data scientists seriously. you can publish literally fucking anything.

>Wamon
>Programming
Never gets old.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,t.jpg (800x800, 117K)

>canada
What did you expect from third world education?

>maintainers who check the lines of code
>send approved the approved code
It's like they're not even trying to sound like they know what they're talking about.

that's a lot of buzzwords, christ

>facebook filename
>phoneposter
>underage
>"libtards"
sounds about right

thank u user

>Trishala Bhasin (poo in loo)
>Margaret-Anne Storey (woman)

Just take it off when no one's looking.
I've taken multiple feminist posters off our college, or added notes to them.
One said "Struggling with studying? Free help for female students!"
I added a note that said "That's sexist. What about the male students that also struggle?"
Someone always removes the notes, probably the butthurt social studies workers.

Put Niggers on it next time.

Remember when they said you shouldn't fear that Microsoft acquired GitHub? That everything was going to be ok? That there would be no enforced ideological censorship?...

Remember when they said you shouldn't fear the enforcement of a CoC on the Linux project? That meritocracy will be still working as usual? That there would be no enforced ideological censorship?...

Look at them now.

At least we leave school without crippling debt

Not to mention without bullet holes

Already did on the refugee welcome posters.

Why does it matter who writes the code when it all compiles to the same shit. Uh oh the numbers aren't equal!!

A man of my own heart

Attached: old proofs.png (713x714, 811K)

Being indiferent about things could lead to bad outcomes in the long run I think, but yeah this is retarted. There are severe cases of gender inequality around the world but here we have phds checking about fucking git commit inequality.

>h-haha Americans have guns
ok
we also have the best universities in the world.

> Daniel German

Imagine being this cuck

i really wish trump would completely defund all higher education and merely give the funding and loans for vocational training or credits or something. so sick of our taxes funding this bullshit.

Because we don't need statistics to go to iran and see that there's blatant sexism.
And even if we did, what are we going to do about it from the other side of the world? Invade them and force them to be less sexist?

By doing studies like this, its a way of trying to understand what type of person has git commits for linux kernels and trying to identify why women don't commit as much as men. You have your own guess, but this is an attempt at trying to pin down why exactly, and see if its something that can be changed. Because this is something that they can actually have tangible effect on, as opposed to saying "well india bans women from university.... guess that's sexist."

>blaming liberals or conservatives WHEN IT IS FUCKING BOTH YOU BRAINWASHED SHITS

Did you get triggered? Want a kiss or something?

There's literally nothing wrong with women not being good at programming or not wanting to program

instead, you give that debt to working class people to pay with their taxes, well done, very progressive. force working class people to pay for you to learn how to hate them.

But is there a reason why half out workforce isn't interested in it?

I'm pretty sure we can all agree its a net positive if society as a whole was able to teach girls that technology is more fun than makeup and boy bands.

Attached: 1560190550354.webm (640x640, 2.94M)

Not really. The best universities judged by your own metric that take things like graduate wage (which puts a bias by country in), student satisfaction and research grant levels (once again, bias by country) to matter more than actual educational outcomes.
US Universities are a great place to end up if you want to research industry shit and have a budget, however they're far from the best in terms of actually learning shit. There's plenty of shit that is only offered at a graduate level in MIT which is offered at an undergrad level in other countries, along with the general learning in US tertiary education for everyone to be able to pass but the big difference being whether you get 3.7 or 3.8 on your GPA or the like. While other countries structure their degrees to kick a lot more people out, which also makes direct comparisons difficult.
If you care about how much money graduates earn and sudent happiness, then yeah the US is the best. However those are two metrics which don't play into how good a university is to me personally.

I miss Victoria, was really nice there for the short period I stayed there. I ever met a Jow Forums poster, nice lad.

>Gender Bias in Linux Kernel Development
>Will literally never come close to gleaning an iota of the complexities of the kernel

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 38K)

based poojeets

Apparently I can't spell "even", outed myself as a phoneposter. Oh well.

Pathetic. They could be using their time to do something useful.

>Liking Victoria
Please explain how

Why do they color it like that? Are they really measuring bias or are they researching Linux contributor demographics?

>just ignore it, they'll go away
Last time I listened to someone saying that, it wasn't illegal to call a man a man and a woman a woman. Turn out ignoring it just makes things worse.

US is considered one of the best, if not the best to learn in university.
>but you can learn in undergrad what MIT teaches in graduate school
if you've ever been to graduate school, you'd know that's not saying much. The difference between grad school and undergrad is where the focus of study lies, in grad school the focus is on independent research. You can take an undergrad version of a grad class and they'll shove the information into you. But the point of the grad class is to do research on the topic typically. Or alternatively it exists to get non-majors who are doing masters in a different degree caught up quickly.
But in either case, undergrads always "teach" you more than grad classes.

>filters
Any good US college does filter on the subjects they care about. My college required a minimum 3.2 gpa just to stay in the CS college, and to get in any of the good courses (like security) you'd have to be in the top 10% of specific classes and get the professor's blessing that you won't fuck things up. That's par for the course for any above average US university, at least for good majors.
The whole "everyone passes" is for the majors that don't matter to a school. Nobody cares what a history major gets.

It's pretty, and the island air is very refreshing, there's really nothing like it. 10 minute walk from the ocean too where I lived in a pretty quiet area. I don't see what's not to like about it, user, other than maybe that like Vancouver it's somewhat expensive.

Mainly since I hate the ocean and untamed nature, and the amenities are lacking.

If you have a high rate of failure for your university, you aren't teaching your students well enough. It's not a problem if many of the students get A's, as long as the workload isn't watered down in order to produce more A's.

The expense is entirely justified IMO. The ocean, mountains, density and distance from downtown is better than Vancouver for me. Only downside are the extremely hippie fucks with nasty unwashed white dreads

There's some shit which simply will have a high failure rate unless you take it at a baby pace.

Then either slow down so more people can understand it, or refine your teaching methods.

>gap in the number of men and women involved.
just the proof that men are better than women.

Mosquitos kill more people than any other animal

Yeah cuz women just aren't as suited for tech
We don't "teach" girls makeup and boy bands are better, that's what they like

reminds me of the postmodernism article generator
elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/

>slow everything down to the lowest common denominator so even the retards can pass
>all the potential talent in the bright students are wasted

Yea university should be for people actually determined to progress their education. This isn't no child left behind kindergarten any more. Every person I know that failed a class in uni were loser crybabies

Almost everything in life is in large part decided upon by how you're raised.

This is just a study to see why.

Why are you so threatened by girls in your profession user?

>uvic
i dodged a bullet

You already failed to be unbiased when you said: "and see if its something that can be changed."
You should be asking "and see if it is something that we should even try to change in the first place."
Nothing about what is happening implies that there is a need for change, that's only your own personal ideological biases showing through the cracks.

What is with the 4th grade sentence structure? How am I even supposed to interpret the image on the right?

>Why are you so threatened by girls in your profession user?
Not him, but strawman.
Anyway, why do you give a shit about the gender disparity? Or why that disparity in general instead of for ex. the percentage of eskimos that go into STEM or the percentage of colorblind people? Why women in particular?
But ok, let's stick to gender disparity. What are we doing to fix the HUGE gender disparity in boilermakers, where around 99 in every 100 workers are male? That's a way bigger gap than STEM, it should be a bigger problem right?

You can't, your male privilege prevents it. You can only understand this image I grabbed off of google images by googling "weird graphs lol" if you're a girl. No uterus, no opinion.

Jesus fuck, keep this shit out of Jow Forums, children.

>Jesus fuck
I'd say reddit has arrived, but this thread is just reddit without memevotes.

>strawman
Good job. You learned that in debate class didn't you.
>b-but other things also have disparity
Few of which are as impactful or as important as STEM jobs.
Eventually all things would be as equal as they can be. But right now STEM is the most obvious and impactful.

>Good job. You learned that in debate class didn't you.
>b-but
Someone's upset.
>But right now STEM is the most obvious and impactful.
Ah, we only care about certain injustices. And they happen to coincide with the ones you like. Alright user, show me your metrics to determine that STEM matters, but nursing and trade labor doesn't.

Literally *THREE* different naming schemes in those emails.

Jesus fucking christ I am seething.

Nah I was on your side until now. This is just wrong. If it's not a shit university then the pace should be for everyone since they got in. They're not retards for not being able to learn at the exact same pace as everyone else. A good uni is not one that take a smart kids and keeps them the same, it should be able to take less smart kids and make them better at learning and understanding. Also no I failed many intro classes but persisted and did fine

This is when you know education is way overfunded

>They're not retards for not being able to learn at the exact same pace as everyone else.
That's kind of the actual dictionary definition for "retard" though.

>They're not retards for not being able to learn at the exact same pace as everyone else.

Attached: retard.jpg (645x729, 93K)

I love how programming exists and the majority of women can't stand rejection so they try compile hello world in python but learned from an outdated python 2 manual and then they get slapped in the face by rejection and never try programming again. Then they go on tinder with their tits out for validation and acceptance. I love programming

What a strange post. Have sex.

Don't tell me what to do. Also don't critique my post. You shouldn't assume I'm not a girl so you're sexist by ambiguity you insensitive prick.

>be girl
>want to learn koding
>learn python2 when python3 is out
>doesnt_even_have_async_syntax.py
>what do
>show titties on tinder
>way better
Yeah this is how girls work, you got this shit figured out.

Where did I assume you weren't a girl, virgin?

He assumed you don't get laid, not that you're not a girl. And that's really an assumption in the sense that "the Sun shall rise tomorrow" is an assumption.

It's just common knowledge that it's the guy's job to initiate sex so implying I have any control over whether I can have it or not justifies that assumption. Please tell me you're pretending to be this dense...

actually, we need more female boilermakers

dumb phoneposter

thank

You can initiate it. Do you have 20$ to your name? You can hire a hooker.
>oh but that's not the same
And tonight I drank beer, not Moet et Chandon. We can't all get the best, but we can get something. People died so you could get here and be happy, now go hire a hooker you faggot.

listen to the digits

Also since you missed the detail in my original post where I mentioned python as COMPILED language proves you know nothing about programming in general. For this reason alone your advice is useless since we're on a technology board.

that looks fucking nasty ngl

Dude all I said was for you to get laid, and you're acting all Inspector Reddit saying "hmm what you fail to realize is".
Also you can compile python. Languages aren't compiled or interpreted, their implementations are. There are C interpreters and JS compilers. Check out cython.org/ then go get laid.

this. I studied engineering at a top ten US university and I feel like Yuros are way smarter (esp. Frenchies in infosec for some reason)

I dare you to write LEARN TO CODE and paste a picture of Terry and post it here.
I know you wont do it though because your a dumb Jow Forumsfag who thinks expressing his own opinions is taboo.
You have 1 day.

Attached: 1514346976337.jpg (768x768, 74K)

You can also turn an SUV into a boat. But a first time programmer wouldn't use a custom interpreter to compile python so just admit your lack of attention to detail already. Truly pathetic.

purduefag detected

>custom interpreter to compile python
You're a graduate from Koding with Klossy aren't you?

>Koding with Klossy
I'm going to add it to my Linkedin and Resume as
>Koding with Klossy Alumni

Why are you guys so mad? All they're saying is that women should start pulling some of the load.

I'd rather jobs go to who are interested and competent at it rather than inorganically pushed into it to satisfy some unegalitarian notion of equality of outcome rather than of opportunity

I don't care if male or females are nurses, just the ones that want to and can do the job

>At least we leave school without crippling debt

??????? Where tf u get that idea from

Attached: jraurxagvu331.jpg (800x614, 50K)

>germany
This explains a lot

>University of Vicora
>Underage

>STEM is important and impactful
So whose fault is it that women aren't entering those jobs?

When I joined the IT orientated University (applied informatics) they were genuinely happy to remind us every single class by every single professor how more than 70% of us are not going to pass. That was wlthe worst school I have ever seen or heard about in my whole life. The stories I could tell you about lectures, professors and their attitudes.. worst part was, my dad went to same University, although different major and was shockingly disgusted about how things are running there now.

paint a penis on it

How do they know what gender the contributors are?

>Victoria

Attached: trash_01.jpg (250x312, 18K)

tldr more man are into writing linux kernel than woman

>Create interactive visualisations to show the journey of successful women in industries in order to motivate more women to participate.

Attached: 1511029143083.jpg (1087x1080, 112K)

>doesn't help you do something
>criticises you for it
gee thanks

I wonder how they define abusive language. Any critical language is intrinsically abusive as that is the nature of criticism.
Obviously they mean "criticism to them".