/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 3200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in code) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOP, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higherer FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does.
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: 1563903153154.png (1600x1067, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=08QgzHFBjq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do people shitpost?

I have hynix memory on my vega 56, by how much can I OC safely?

My ryzen 3600 is running perfectly on mh b450 motherboard and I am still only running the first version of compatible bios.

Lol nevermind I have figured it out

This guy replying to
Is not the guy who wrote
That's me.

I haven't even got all the parts for my PC yet and AMD removes the fucking VBios for Radeon VII off thier website for some retarded reason.

Good thing we have AIBs and back up VBios downloads.

I need some absolutely basic graphics card that can support 3 monitors for my boomer dad to do his office work on.
I've got no clue about the low end market, preferably something that's powered just from the PCI-E slot.

what board? im still deciding if i go 3600 or 3700x, and the board
a 3700x is a long term investment but how much do you think a 3600 could "last"? i want to buy something and forget for qute some time

Gtx 1050 ti?

gt1030, gtx1050ti or rtx1650 (some models) from cheapest to most expensive

I've had enough of this.
I can't believe either of you now.
Somebody start a new thread, this one's too far gone now to save.
Thanks a lot user

anyone?

Hey, so I'm pretty fucking retarded. I've never built a PC before and I just went a blew two grand to build a rig. What do I do now? My friends keep psyching the shit out of me with static electricity potentially destroying my motherboard, do I have to buy those grounding mats or whatever they're called? How fucked am I? I really don't want to fuck up these parts because I don't know what I'm doing.

Attached: Raging wojak.png (471x353, 140K)

>GT1030
This doesn't support 3 monitors
>GTX 1050ti, 1650
I think some gaymen GPU is a bit overkill for his needs.

No, just touch the case and it will get rid of the static. I literally build mine on fucking carpet

Very basic matx from msi, the b450m gaming plus. Drivers I'm using are e7b87ams v1. 7m

suck it up and buy x570

Bios I'm using *

>GT1030
>This doesn't support 3 monitors
What?!

It's just like lego. Watch a guide or two and you'll be fine. I've only built two pcs, one 5 years ago and one last week. Didn't even bother reading anything to remind myself after 5 years, it's that easy.

The cheapest non-shit gaymen GPU, the RX 570 4GB, is $110-130. You want to spend even less?

Don't worry much about it! You might still want to get it because static electricity may be a bit annoying to work with.

Third link in the OP shows a woman doing it. If she can do it, you can too.

as in, annoying because if you have incredibly retarded electrical sensitivity like me you might get shocked constantly
I agree: if humans as dumb as women can do it, then every male can!

He's a 60 year old man that looks at spreadsheets, word documents and the occasional youtube video on his 3 monitor setup. He's never going to open a 3D application in his life.

I know I just started watching it. The girl in it is very pretty. It's too bad she doesn't post videos anymore. I wonder what made her stop.

So should I have bought the Ryzen 7 instead of the Intel i7-9700k?

yes, maybe, no

>Who teh fuck made your card to begin with?
Sapphire.
>I replaced the stock past on a Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ with Kryonaut and got the exact same temps.
There is your mistake idiot, you used kryonaut, which is known to be scam paste that performs on the same level as stock TIM and worse than shit like MX-4 or Noctua NT-H1.
>So for some AIB partner to use worse paste than even MX-4, that's fucking sad.
Did you use it though? Because sounds to me you used scam kryonaut and instead of realising that it's as scam, though the stock TIM is great.

who else caps their gaymin at 60hz?
My gpu barely goes above 40 - 50w when gaming at 60hz. Anything else just draws extra power.

I didn't ask if I can do it, I have samsung memory. I asked which vega 64 bios goes on to the vega 56 pulse, considering it's non reference VRM.
>I'm 6 hours late but if you see this they do this now, there must be a big issue with ripoffs.
LOL! Fucking hell, well mine doesn't have that thing, it's just a black bag with the shit inside. The paste looks the same consistency and color, same stickiness and everything.

who else caps their fps at 1, my gpu barely draws more than 3W of power, anything over that is a waste of power.

recommend me a good quality and good value office chair
my back is killing me

Attached: 1495834771735.jpg (385x387, 17K)

1fps is completely unplayable. 60fps is perfectly fine.

at my local furniture store i found some office chairs that work and are exactly like gaming chairs, but for only 70€

>60fps is perfectly fine.
I remember when console pesants said 30fps is all you need, movies use 24fps.
Now that PC master race has moved to 144hz, console peasants years later finally moved to 60hz is all you need.

youtube.com/watch?v=08QgzHFBjq0

Interesting video by Jay. It also confirms that when the AIB cards come out all the heat issues will be solved.

I've yet to see my vega 56 temps go above 60c. Jow Forums said it was supposed to be a house fire.
Playing witcher 3 right now on max with 52c temp.

atg 30fps locked?

I don't own a console and I could run my games much higher with unlocked frames, but I'd rather have 1/4 the power usage.

>I could but I wont
sure buddy.

They're underage and have nothing going for them.

Locking to 60fps without vsync is good enough

Developers are just retards on console. They treat console players like complete idiots by min maxing thier games to be graphically good but low frame rate.

Not everyone lives in the arctic circle though

60fps

I have a poozen 3600 cpu and an rtx 2060s, I can run most games well above 60fps buddy.

You're just going to have to buy used at that point. I was about to suggest RX 550/560, but I couldn't find any for under $100. Used 560s/570s should definitely be under $100.

LOL

Used 750ti

>3600 with a 2060s
why

It's the sweetspot and without any of the radeon reliability problems

based

Okay, it just went above 60c after putting on nvidia hairworks. Card is still on factory settings, will undervolt it later.

Attached: jeworks.png (1029x640, 1.11M)

I mean, temps are fine and good but they mean nothing without accounting for ambient temps

>if I cap my gpu utilization, the temps go down
wow, the more performance you throw away the less heat it generates wow
Hope you don't run into demanding games that will utilize your gpu at 100% even at 60fps cap, how you never get a good monitor and dont want to see 144hz.

Have sex, incel

61c at only 116W? Yikes I say!

It's 18c outside and very humid, humidity at 91%.

I'd prefer my gpu not to sound like a jet engine and draw less power.

Dilate

exactly, which is why people don't reccomend a vega.
you know you can have 100% performance of your card without sounding like a jet engine, right? It's called a nvidia card, which draw less power in general.

It reached 185w in a cutscene earlier and the temp was below 60c. Max temp for these cards is 85c, so that's not bad.

nvidia is poor value

Or an aftermarket cooler mod. My 1080ti caps out at 52c on a 360mm clc at 300W max usage.

I've always owned nvidia cards until now. The vega 56 cost less than a 1660ti, I couldn't pass it up and it was a nice upgrade for my 1060.

so bros my 3700x is working between 1.34 and 1.4v wihile hovering around 55-65°c. am I killing my cpu ? this is all stock settings, I only have windows power plan active

Attached: dual rank RAM.jpg (994x746, 295K)

Could've gotten a 9700k user

>nvidia is poor value
not if you gimp your card to keep it quiet
>I've always owned nvidia cards until now. The vega 56 cost less than a 1660ti, I couldn't pass it up and it was a nice upgrade for my 1060.
Not if you gimp your cards performance in order to keep it quiet. Which you wont be even be able to do in games that are damanding enough to utilize your gpu 100% in 60fps scenarios.

I know, I fell for the Jow Forums bait

What's a good board for someone looking to get a locked 9700?

Attached: 1564021430440.png (312x312, 129K)

I'm downloading ac oddysey right now, will test it on that as it's badly optimised for AMD cards

>not if you gimp your card to keep it quiet
doesn't nvidia does that for you with their drivers updates?

According to the reddit amd board, when you are viewing temps and sheet with software, the 3000 chips are reading it as a workload and upping the voltage. It is running at much lower voltage if you shut down the software and let it idle.

>paying for locked cpu
>thinking that it's ok for a manufacturer to make overclocking a privilege that comes with a premium
this is like being an unironic cuckold

Forgot. Would like micro atx.

Not that I'm aware of

What cpu?

desu that sound like some kinda of damage control

"n- no user don't worry all software are reading the wrongs values :)))) " (desu I used hwinfo, ryzen master and cpu-z, not all together at the same time, and they read the same thing)

Maybe, but apparently ayyymd are aware of it and working on the issue.

Nvidia's ampere cards are coming out next year. How much memory are they going to have?

Attached: 1563793884276.jpg (500x685, 81K)

5700XT AIB's when!?? i'm fucking tired of waiting.

>Tfw amd integrated the observer's effect onto their CPUs
>Ryzen 3000 behaves like a quantum phenomenon

6.5GB

Next month

>AMD Ryzen 5 2600
>MSI B450M Gaming Plus
>8gb Asus RX580 STRIX TOP OC Gaming
>16gb (dual) ddr4 3000 Patriot Viper Steel, >CL16 1.35v
>120 GB SSD
>500 GB HDD
>Some Modular PSU
>Some Case w/ good airflow

Going for $600-$700. Can I do better on some parts?

Dropped lower now, last screenshot was taken right after a cut scene.
Ryzen 5 3600.

Attached: Untitled.png (1046x748, 1.58M)

>CHAmD already producing quantum computers
how can 14+++++++++nm compete?

What are you using it for? if it's going to include gaming, try to get a 3600. You'll get much more fps. Benchmarks show 30 fps more in many cases between 2600 and 3600.

>>Tfw amd integrated the observer's effect onto their CPUs
>>Ryzen 3000 behaves like a quantum phenomenon
keked.

Gaming and some light productivity. The 3600 is going for almost $250 where I live. Might go for it if I can get a better deal.

Retard question, but what software will show me the mhz speed of my ram?

My 3700X has problems with bootlooping a bunch of times before getting to the desktop, anyone know what would cause this issue?

You can just check your BIOS, that's where you'll find RAM speed (and change it if need be)

I had this issue with my 3600 recently, it would get stuck at the loading screen for windows. I installed my old hardrive from my last build and that fucked everything. I installed windows directly with a usb onto a new hardrive and I have no issues now.

Just finished my build (3700x). Should I update bios (x570) to 1.0.0.3AB or stay at 1.0.0.2 for now?

Stay
1003AB is buggy

>I installed my old hardrive from my last build and that fucked everything.
To clarify, I didn't wipe the drive and planned to clone windows over to a new drive with software.

Can I check it without going to bios?