Have any of you used cheap Chinese branded ssds? What has your experience been like?

Have any of you used cheap Chinese branded ssds? What has your experience been like?

Attached: YUCUN-SSD-240GB-480GB-1TB-2-5-inch-SATAIII-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-Laptop-Desktop-Industrial.jpg_ (640x640, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07GWGTPPJ/ref=psdcmw_430505031_t2_B07F2J4S18
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07F2J4S18/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1
newegg.com/team-group-l5-lite-3d-480gb/p/N82E16820331049
microcenter.com/product/508183/1tb-ssd-3d-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yuropoor?

Lol nevermind I have figured it out

European Lord to you, low class American peasant. Did you know that most Americans are descendents from peasants and criminals that were too poor and dysfunctional to make soemthing of themselves in Europe?

Why would you buy a unknown Chinese SSD? Brands like ADATA or Teamgroup cost just the same.

Buy 860 Evos and forget all else, just do it.

fuck china

based and vargpilled

better reliability unironically since they go through the same factory that makes the chingchong 850s.

>not using NVMe with the new PCIe 4.0 transfer rates of like 5gb/s

the FUCK is wrong with you

Name-brand SSDs are getting so cheap why bother.

Really? I didn't know Samsung made their products in China.

Any evidence for this buddy?
I already have an nvme as my main drive. I just want a cheap ssd for only keeping games on it. As I don't really care that much about losing them and I'd rather save some bucks.

860 Evo, what's wrong with you? Don't you know that's the best you can buy? Fuck

Two Kingdians back in 2015 (planar TLC). Both are still alive and still work.

most don't update their prices to compete so you'll find cheaper "name-brand" drives

I have yet to find a 500gb ssd for 36 bongs with free delivery like these Chinese ones.

It's good! There's no data corruptioŢHĻǚȡ>ŖġȧSųª(ƱȄ÷óÊUú

where?

Amazon or eBay
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07GWGTPPJ/ref=psdcmw_430505031_t2_B07F2J4S18
amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07F2J4S18/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have a Samsung m.2. 1tb as my main drive buddy, but I need that for more important stuff than gaymin. I'm fine with a cheap ass ssd drive solely for gaymin.

Should we be snapping up SSDs and memory before this Korea-Japan birdshit-covered-rocks shitshow drives prices way up?

Not bad. I bought a few biostar ssds off taobao and its been running in 3 of my computers so far. 120gb cost me the equivalent of $19 AUD not including shipping

the teamgroup ssd costs the same and is better

newegg.com/team-group-l5-lite-3d-480gb/p/N82E16820331049

Maybe in Murica, that team group ssd is 89 bongs for the 500gb version. But i googled elsewhere and found other team group 500gb ssds for 47 bongs. I think I will get one.

I think I'll also get a cheap chinese one, just to test them.

it's a good ssd. the ssds you linked doesn't have dram.

>YouCunt
Ayy lmao

Can't go wrong with 860 Evos, they're cheap and perfect. I'm talking about the SATA one.

They're about twice the price or more than most other sata drives here.

Paying for western labeled drive is just throwing your money away. You pay for same chink drive+insane markup to make some burger rich.
Bought my chink ssd years ago before they even became a thing and it's still going stronk.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (674x780, 86K)

>660TBW rating on some shitty noname 120GB SSD from a few years ago

why did you even buy the drive in the first place when it has autistic shit like this

850s fine too. So are crucial mx500s

I have seen several d ram less SSD fail, they usually ship with cheap laptops and corporate shit boxes like HP or sell that sell to small businesses

funny, that's not the case at my end. Get the Crucial MX series then.

Brucial BX SSDs are around the same price of this chink shit and they are good enough, I have 3 of them

Patriot Burst is same quality as MX500 but costs as much or even less than an A400 where I live, and it's not chinkshit and has DRAM.

>Patriot Burst
Looks like this is as cheap as the crucial BX here in europe, who/where is it produced?

Attached: file.png (468x132, 31K)

I have no idea, but I have one and it runs as fast as a MX500 and it has DRAM cache.
Patriot isn't a noname brand

Good, big quality, no american spyware, please give 5 stars dear friend

>the FUCK is wrong with you
99.9% of the population don't even need speeds above 500mb/s.

>drevo + external enclosure
it just works

What drives would you recommend that have this?

>Runcore
>shitty noname
It's chink defense/military manufacturer.

Attached: 1366_2000.png (650x198, 176K)

I can't find any runcore ssds for sale in my country

Pretty good so far but for some reason I can't save any episodes of Winnie the Pooh on it. Anyone else has the same problem?

>VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: MSI-X570-Pro-Carbon-1.jpg (697x319, 82K)

Do you have one? I've seen some small as in obscure tech channels talk about those fans and they are apparently rather loud.

I've yet to see a large tech channel on youtube or bigger tech "news" sites even mention it. So I'm curious.

As for personal experience.. I had a AMD board with a fan like that once. Like .. a decade? ago. Perhaps more. It became real loud after a few years. Got me one of those big Zalman passive chipset heatsinks that were popular at the time and put that on it. I can't say I like the idea of buying another board with a small chipset fan, not unless I can replace it with a big-ass heatsink.

No, it's not true.
I'm only 1/8th European anyway, but still whiter than you, Muhammad

Look up Goldenfir SSDs on AliExpress, they use Micron NAND and a Phison controller same as a MX500, but cost much less

>chink defense/military manufacturer
Who'd trust anything put on there? I wouldn't even trust that shit if I was Chinese.

nvme is a fucking meme

>loud
They arent and most of the times they aren't even spinning. Most of the loud tests are made by hooking fans directly to the power source and making it artifically spin at highest rate.

>Welcome to the Hunan Runcore SSD Company.Thank you for trusting us to register your email in our website.Please keep safe your username and password.

Attached: DaoAxdyW0AU-fbY.png (800x800, 332K)

It seems they also make SSDs that are designed specifically for traveling through US customs/airports with hardware level hidden and encrypted partition that can be only reactivated with hardware rfid key.
Their self destruct drives are also cool, some mission impossible tier stuff.
Will try finding one of those for my Toughbook, imagine activating that during border check after TSA asks for password, guaranteed Guantanamo bay vacations.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Attached: ssd_diversity.jpg (491x368, 60K)

That's cool as fuck tho.

These aren't even significantly cheaper than any decent brand of SSD

a black dude's picture on an ssd is cool?

Look closer.

what is so impressive?
the two pictures merged?
is that new to you?
I'm sure some very popular singers had that in their almbum covers in the past

>descendents

-Based
-Redpilled

I bought one from amazon and windows wouldn't initialize driver. It finds the SSD as unknown device under device manager. BIOS finds the SSD but not under windows.

my fucking sides

is crucial better than sandisk?

fine for 2 weeks, then it dies or becomes super slow, get a WD green instead or Apacer

>non ddr ssd's

Attached: 1564074822230.gif (362x270, 1.91M)

Most models yes. I would generally avoid the lower end models for any ssd.

>IQ of 240gb

shieet, he be the smartest nigga on the planet.

My kingdian seems fine.

Attached: Screenshot_20190725_195946_0.png (630x571, 90K)

If you buy a laptop with an SSD chances are its a fucking no-name chink brand anyways.

>VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
on better mobos those fan are start-stop depending on temperature. unless you use shitloads of I/O it should be quiet

How does FattyDove Racing stack up?

Attached: 41C9hH8EG6L._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 23K)

Any input on KingSpec?

After more than a year, I am still using this SSD Zheino.
its fucking great

Attached: 6ybnpXaL.jpg (1000x778, 150K)

That means you’re 7/8th shitskin, shitskin

Remind me again how poor criminals were able to cross an entire ocean and create their own country?

At gun-point and in chains.
They were used as servants/slaves for the duration of their sentence. States like Virginia and Maryland were convict states.
Once the revolution was over they dumped the rest in Australia.
How much of your pre-revolutionary history do you guys get told?

Im using a couple of very cheap Allied SSDs and they seem OK.
Time will tell.

the size is the most important factor
120 GB is the most faulty size

even samsung is selling 120 GB to try to get a slice of the cheap ass market

What the fuck do i add to my 1tb boot SSD?

I haven't bought any because microcenter has their store brand SSDs for the same price and sometimes even cheaper. If they're anything to go by, the Chinese SSDs are probably fine. Anyone shilling for Samsung or Crucial needs to try one of these. Sure they aren't as fast on paper, but you won't notice a difference irl probably. I sure as hell haven't.

>99.9% of the population don't even need speeds above 500mb/s.
They don't need more than 640K either, Mr Bill.

samsung is actually one of the cheapest with cache and objectively the most realiable

You can get an Inland NVMe 1TB drive for around $90 and it'll perform only slightly worse than the Samsung drives. If you have any sort of budget it just makes sense to go with the Microcenter brand SSD.

Horrible idea, stay away. Never used one myself but everyone I know who has has regretted it.

A lot of the NVME SSD are using the same controller and memory. Like everything in the market is siliconmotion controllers and micron nand.

The savings from a Chinese SSD are so little it's mostly pointless. Just buy ADATA when it goes on sale.

Aliexpress has cheap Samsung OEM NVMe SSDs; zero reason to get sketchy SSDs

>cheap Chinese branded ssds
why not? i use SSD only for ReadyBost and pagefile

Attached: ______.png (515x478, 14K)

I bought 4, $20 120gb SSD and raid 0'd them.

It's been a year and they're just fine. I store games on it I can download again easily.

Marketing for 'strayans

I use a Kingdian S280 and S400 in my T420 and X230. Both still work fine after gazillion TBs of use.

They're basically all the same dramless basic bitch ssds, I've used a LOT of goldenfir ones without any issues. They're just not that much cheaper than regular dramless ssds anyway, they have a sort of price floor.

You lose things like a warranty entirely, but they function
Thryre faster than a 7200rpm hard drive

Anyone here using a china ssd as a boot drive?

Student and looking for cheapo ones. At least 500~ gb

Lookin at a WD Blue, ADATA SU650, Kingston A400, and a Sandisk Ultra 3d

Attached: 2019-07-28_19-40-32.png (856x329, 108K)

if you're going for one of these 500GB get a 250GB samsung for almost the same price and more reliability
second best intel
third crucial
fourth "pro" models of sandisk, hp, adata

>ssd as a boot drive?

Attached: HINDY_WIFU.jpg (1080x720, 209K)

My current laptop's only got a single 2.5 drive so, yeah. And I also use it for gaming and all that.

Replacing a 1TB drive for a 250gb is gonna bottleneck me probably

What do you mean? Wouldn't an ssd be a good idea?

what is Windows sleep mode?

But which way is he facing?!

microcenter.com/product/508183/1tb-ssd-3d-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive

1TB - $85USD

Don't know how this converts into homosex currency, but I'm sure you can use google to convert it