Mfw I fell for the 17" laptop meme

>mfw I fell for the 17" laptop meme

Attached: 1564200263436.png (205x246, 5K)

What meme?

That's no laptop!

Unless you're Shaq.

13.3 to 14 inches is the ideal size. Anything smaller or bigger than that is either too cramped to work on or too big to be portable.

If anyone is wondering how to actually do it, you're supposed to get a 15 inch laptop and 32 inch widescreen external monitor. Thank me later fags

>17" laptop
>meme
ok zoom zoom

this

>13.3 to 14 inches is the ideal size.
Yeah maybe if you were a 5 foot manlet.
Us 6ft+ men need 17inches at least. And at that size, it is very portable. I can see how it might be hard for manlets with small hands and no muscle though.

This guy knows what he's doing

First laptop? Yeah, I bought a 15" too once. Never again.

>carrying around a 32 inch "monitor"

this
Although depending on your needs a smaller size can work too.

why would you use a laptop for anything else than conferences and presentations ?
>muh muh traveling
You're lying and you know it, you don't need a laptop.

Should have got 21'' instead. 17 is the bare minimum where laptops start being usable, anything smaller is smartphone tier.

You mean portable workstations?

Fellow 6"2 lapchad here, always makes me roar with laughter when I witness a laplet struggling to read on his tablet-sized laptop. Weak !

Attached: 1556612832485.jpg (480x721, 31K)

>laptop
>chad

Attached: 1496925606792.jpg (552x624, 32K)

I love my 17" laptop. I don't think I could ever size back down.

Attached: HP_Elitebook_8770w.png (1024x882, 947K)

Lmaoing at people thinking 15" is too big
>13.3 to 14 is the ideal size.

Attached: top-kek-sten-no-gf-hahaha-anon-oure-so-pathetic-29617424.png (500x722, 223K)

Arent todays 17 inch laptops as small as old 15 inch ones because they did away with screen bezels?

12.5" for the win

17 inch is elephant retard tier why do you even live

15 inch makes sense for people that use a laptop as their primary machine
As a secondary machine it's 14 inch or smaller

Attached: stop liking.jpg (400x350, 43K)

>laptop
Well there's your problem.
Mobile computing sucks shit.

Where do I get a 32 inch backpack?

I have a 17 inch laptop and I dont think its big at all
in fact, with my hands being 9 inches long, anything else is toi small

Sir you can't carry that on this flight.

Ya done goofed

My 17" laptop is from 2011, has an optical drive and is heavy because they used materials back then.
Now suck my dick, you Zoomy Zoom Zoom

>going to 3rd world countries

No thanks

17" is meant for a computer that's taken around the house. A sort of wireless, low-footprint, easily stored away desktop replacement.

Trying to use a 17" laptop on the bus will teach you quickly why no commuters use the things.

Explanation please.

17" is also a compromise size maybe for users who need extremely powerful machines. Who might use their computer in only a handful of locations and store it away outside of those locations.

>never boarded a plane

13" and 15" laptops are for fags, trannies and people who travel a lot and need to take their PC with them, 17" laptops are decent desktop replacement/secondary device

>7-12"
manlet or woman who desperately needs a laptop but can't spend more than $200
>13-14"
great
>15"
also great
>17"
stop treating a laptop like a desktop and just get a desktop already
>21"
why did you spend $9,000 on an Acer Predator 21X your mom won't be happy to find out you stole her credit card and maxed it out on this behemoth

>17"
>21"
Valid points.

I've got a 13 inch laptop and it's too small. I'll get a 14 inch X1 Carbon next, I think 14-15 inch is the ideal size.

>the chadtop vs the virginbook

Attached: acer_predator_21_x_nick_statt_ces_2017_11.jpg (800x533, 69K)

My first 15" inch laptop was an 8.6lb piece of shit from Dell. Never had any problem carrying it around school nor did I ever think "This is too heavy. I cannot do this.". It wasn't any worse than the books I had to carry in high school.

My current 15" laptop weighs 7.5lb and is even easier to transport. Fits in a normal laptop bag and I carry it around just by the handle.

Attached: 1548246919498.png (792x713, 319K)

I've did that for years. There are backpacks that can fit a 17" laptop.

Peak 17"inch laptop. But if you have to work outside 12"-13" is the sweet spot.

Attached: macgpic-1486843901-17635151384845-sc-jpt.jpg (630x568, 36K)

>LG Gram 17
They might actually be lighter.

more wasted space than twitter

My coworker has a Dell XPS 13 and it seems too small to use comfortably. It has no bezels and a 16:9 screen so the screen sits way too low. ~13" seems fine on a Macbook or a Surface where the screen is taller and there is some bottom bezel, as if they actually thought about the ergonomy. 15" seems perfect to me, not too big to carry and comfortable enough to actually use.

I'm 189cm(6ft2in or something in burger units) fatass and i'm using 11.6" thinkpad edge.

>*blocks your path*

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (1000x828, 115K)

Atrocious

Calm down Bruce Banner. Your hands will stop being so big.

13" is ideal to masturbate in your bed, everything else is irrelevant

14" woul be perfect if there was a wider variety of 4:3 aspect options. Almost got the Huawei Matebook X Pro but didn't want to be seen with it after all that shit hit the news about them even if most of it is FUD. I found that my use case is more comfortable with adequate vertical space so a 14" is just a little too cramped but 15.6" is just right. Thinkpad X1 Extreme fbd is only 3.8 lbs so not much more noticeable than the 14" I had when it's in my backpack.

Correction, I meant 3:2 ratio screen, that's what the Matebook X Pro is and I think the surface laptops also.

i had one in 2004 as a desktop replacement. graphic card crapped itself after a year, sent it in, they called me a few days later, telling me that i'm going to get a full refund. bought a powerbook from it that is still working to this very day.