>Windows Subsystem for Linux
>Windows Subsystem
>for Linux
>Windows
>for Linux
>not Linux for Windows
>not for Windows
>FOR LINUX

Attached: Microsoft replacing the NT kernel for Linux.jpg (420x250, 32K)

They're not replacing NT per se, they're just adding stuff from the Linux kernel to NT.

For a Linux software environment.

WSL is a bit of a joke imo. You have to fiddle with it to make it right.

>can't install i3
fucking useless

Last time I had to use rsync between windows and linux WSL was the easiest solution.

It's actually windows subsystem for GNU, but Microsoft's fear and loathing of freedom won't let them acknowledge that.

it's performance is a joke, i wouldn't mind a Debian GNU/kWinNT though

Quarterly reminder that WSL2 forces both Windows and Linux to run virtualized. K E K.

There not even doing that
They are using Hyper-V to host a virtual machine with the Linux kernel and a distro, the distribution can be swapped around, new file system drivers allows the kernel/distro to transparently access any files windows can access and there is some integration with the Windows terminal and shell

Imagine being this fucking retarded on the bare basics of how Hyper-V works and what it means for the host

which is fine, WSL is simply not useful in it's current form

So when will Microsoft accidentally integrate Linux too much into Windows and is forced to open-source it by license requirements?

dont expect any better from g mostly waste of oxygens that like to shit on something they have 0 knowledge of, take care hyper vongler user

Attached: 1541811774542.png (1117x883, 406K)

Hey, I have that book.

it takes having 0 knowledge to use anything from microsoft
imagine being a developer and use anything from them
it's like you like being fucked in the ass by big boot

does the physical copy come with the same amount of jpg artifacts?

Nah, it's a pdf.

Windows has hit a wall. I mean aside from replacing NTFS as the standard file system for the system drive and adding hardware support as it comes out there's not much more they can do to fuck with it.

But there in lays the rub; why would you replace windows 7 say for anything else if it works for you? No reason at all. Gameing is the really only driving force to upgrade anymore. Lots of people don't game. So they stick with what they got. USB 3 has a speed of 6 Gbps so does SATA III. Meanwhile your lan is only 1Gbps. So plenty of bandwith at the desktop, it's your Lan that's holding you back these days. Which won't be getting any bump till they roll out 1GBps internet for $80 at the home. Then you'll start to see 10GBE home network kits pop up all over at walmart and see PCI-Ex1 cards like crack

Cumcast in a lot of places in the US have rolled out gigabit download for around that price on promo, I pay 79.99 for gigabit down from them and I've got cows in my back yard

not my image saved it ages ago

are there intel manual posters on g now too or are you drew

They legally cant take anything from the Linux kernel and adding to NT, what are you saying? Also I doubt that is technically feasible or productive.

Microsoft is replacing the NT kernel, get over it.

>does the physical copy come with the same amount of jpg artifacts?
It's a downsized pic to not whole number times of original size. Not jpeg artifacts.

Which GNU/Windows distribution does Jow Forums use?

They are not replacing NT
What the hell makes you think they are?

Yes you can. You just need an x server to render it on.

>WSL is a bit of a joke imo. You have to fiddle with it to make it right.
Just like real Linux.

Attached: 1465229398678.png (709x636, 167K)

With Linux you are berated for using a distro that you don’t have to fiddle with