ITT: We design Jow Forums desktop ap

What programming language should be used?
What sort of features would you like to see?

Attached: 4chan.jpg (1920x1200, 272K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/siavash119/qtchan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

use ML to replace all wojacks and frogs with cute anime girls(preferably loli)

>What programming language should be used?
Assembly.
>What sort of features would you like to see?
Yes.

Attached: laje.jpg (640x800, 120K)

What is an "ap"? Did you just make a typo and actually meant "app"?

Attached: 1494908776785.gif (239x248, 1.18M)

I suggest an exe file that opens a command window and quickly closes after a second.

Jow Forums desktop advanced placement
it's for power users

Node.js/Electron

Basically this

Attached: INBvStO.png (506x662, 312K)

lisp because of all the fags on this site

current ones are fine, adding the following changes: normie tier user agents banned by default (latest versions of chrome and quantum, all brave versions, and all mobile clients without exception), all mobile network ranges banned by default, no chars outside of printable ascii characters allowed (i would also remove the json api but who cares).
this should take care of 95% of the cancer, and the cancerous ones that are able to bypass these simple restrictions can stay

cringe

Attached: 4-1024x683-1.jpg (1024x683, 70K)

we shall use Java sir very good programming language very good program sir

If we were really about to do this. A must-have should be the option to save pass credentials so people do not have to log-in everytime if like me they clear cookies and history on browser exit. Since it's an app they could be saved. Furthermore, stuff like a thread media downloader would be nice; the option to download every file from a specific thread.. or maybe alll webms in a thread, or all pics... Another idea would be to force the catalogue as a main page for the browsing board and an hamburger menu in order to select other boards.. or maybe just the board list on the top.. there are mainly 2 ways: 1 wrapping the site in an app with a few tweak or changing the UI into something different.

Dial8 commie.

Attached: 1491990228931.png (900x637, 150K)

> ITT: We design Jow Forums desktop app
Why ?

>why yes how did u know i use electron

Attached: 1 OvkL5bXG22X9DfSnHwd5FQ.png (700x597, 127K)

useless questions
what you should be asking is
what does the logo look like??

So you can browse Jow Forums in separate window instead of having it with all other tabs in the browser, silly.
You can open separate browser window for Jow Forums? Whaaat?

>w10
cringe

Electron app
Proprietary
Material design
GSF dependent
Google Analytics trackers
Doesn't use HTTPS
Only pass users can use it, but it still has ads, if you want to get rid of the ads you have to pay 99 cents

Attached: 1549169154753.png (400x400, 68K)

>ramlet
Just buy 16GB of memory like all other people, sweetie.

Dude, a desktop client already exists, I'm using it to make this post right now.
C++, if you're curious.
github.com/siavash119/qtchan

>if you want to get rid of the ads you have to pay 99 cents
Have that feature as a type of whack-a-mole mini game where your paypal account is tied to it. You whack an ad and it will deduct the money from your account automatically. You won't see that ad again for 24 hours, if you don't sign out. If you sign out or delete your cookies then it will appear again.

Attached: whackamole-vs-waltz-customization-of-display-advertising-digiday-programmatic-summit-may-23rd-2016-3 (638x359, 72K)

>What programming language should be used?
elisp
>What sort of features would you like to see?
Make it in emacs but unironically

Start with reading comprehension, retard

regex filters
custom css
multiple imageboards support (literally useless otherwise)

The new Jow Forums app should be a shell script and text only

I say we skip the install, target the browser. We can even have a couple scripts to improve the experience, I'm going to call them 'Jow Forums X' and 'Onee-chan'. It'll be amazing.

Epic win

I'll get started on the logo

Electron uwu

electron app
material design

>app
>desktop
its called software, zoomer

Racket

I really believe this to be a good idea. Besides the obvious increase in comparability and features, I'd just love to not having to use a browser to be on Jow Forums. Guys! Do this!

I need a Jow Forums app for iOS, help guys

How about custom hotkey support?

When is summer vacation over???

Simplest way to do it

post screenshots, might be able to compile this on a sailfishOS device, but not sure it has touch friendly UI

nvm it's jank as fuck even on desktop (type Jow Forums for catalog, fetches just first page anyway blah)

Unironically electron.js

Attached: 1564079260715.jpg (480x525, 24K)

fixie wooxieee *starts twerking*

Roguelike

Browser# is sufficient.
Why bother displaying threads outside a browser when so much of the content references other online resources?

Very likely it’ll just be an Electron app with just classic site + maybe notifications.

Just make a .hta file.

I'll make the logo

just made an electron Jow Forums app, rate

Attached: UF1Tojl.png (1528x1012, 275K)

>700mb is 77%
Do you only have 1gb ram or something?

/thread

fuck man i want some free bread as long as it is that pull apart stuff i buy from the supermarket for $5.50

make an app that is just the browser but has clover/kuroba's noscript captcha.
this shit has gotten so fucking ridiculous I can literally only post from my phone. On the browser it's either three disappearing captchas in a fucking row which I fail no matter how much effort I put in, or 20 non disappearing ones in a row
I've literally tried everything but noscript 4chanx just does not work on firefox. I've literally resorted to running clover in a VM but it just shows a server error when I post or try to open images