Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: nyaa.jpg (500x634, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s.4cdn.org/image/title/0.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im open to suggestions
just want something slightly beefier

Bumping for the new thread.

based shota poster

I've seen some anons shill olimex. That might be worth a look.
Also Pine64

What kind of encryption do I need if I want to encrypted my SSD with a windows partition and a Loonix partition? What if I want to encrypt a storage HDD too?

Will any of that wear my drives down? Will I need a password everytime I boot? I use rEFIt, will that cause complications?

Thanks anons

Attached: 1563073485767.png (977x824, 237K)

loli > shota, faggot

thanks, both are more interesting options

when there are multiple uploads of the same song/album on soulseek, how do you determine which to choose?

also, what determines whether youd choose to use a pc monitor or a tv screeen with a computer?

why is the first output 125 and not 126?

Attached: 876876.png (702x154, 11K)

I think you have that reversed

I want to cum inside that boys butt

That's how post-increment works, user. Look up the difference between pre- and post- increment to get a more in-depth explanation.

Should I bother tracking down and installing specific drivers (not including graphics card drivers) on a fresh install of Windows 10, or is it better to just let Windows Update install that shit

>inb4 "don't use Windows 10"
Yeah, I get it.

always reads on updates. currently 1903 is good so update everything up to date and literally disable auto update
set up a reminder every 3 months to do it. if nothing big happened, you will hear nothing about it and its safe to manually update.

>2600x
>msi b450m mortar
>cant get above 4ghz all core at 1.4V LLC1 without crash
>cant undervolt by more than 0.05V
Is it a fucking lemon or what? Is there something else I can do?

lemons if its new
if not it degraded because its safe voltage is like 1.35 volts

I WANT TO MAKE A MINECRAFT SERVER BUT CANT INTO PORT FORWARDING please help

I tried 1.4V once for like two minutes, rest was at 1.375 but in that case PBO gets me higher.

Is it ok to put a blender bottle in the microwave? (Without the metal ball thing obviously, and the top off too)

Using a TV screen is just for when you want the picture to be big, (at the moment, that's anything in excess of 43 inches), without paying thousands of dollars.

Does it SAY you can microwave that thing in the manual? If no, assume you can't.

someone post the browser safety image plz. Wanted to ask how to turn off a new function on Opera Forums and even though I have had an account and used it a new, impassible message is in the way talking about accept this before we register you. And it's recieving emails and agreeing to let them collect personal info

Microwavable plastics are special and it's labelled on them every time.
If it's not labelled, assume that it won't survive the microwave.

>online shopping
Pay directly using credit card?
Or pay using credit card through PayPal?

Attached: thinking frog.jpg (655x527, 59K)

Dunno about soulseek, but on YT, usually I go with the ones that say "vinyl rip".
Monitor/TV is mostly just a size thing. Monitors in my experience do tend to have faster response times though, so you might want to go with a monitor. Then again, I hear some TVs today have a "game mode" that improves performance.
That is very lewd

As far as I can tell using paypal just means fewer inputs, at the cost of them knowing an itemized list of exactly what your bought (which credit cards companies don't get). I'd like to use a privacy.com card number, but I've never really heard a definitive answer on if they're trustworthy or not.

Trying to figure out if this RAM is compatible
Pic related is what my model shows on the site for RAM

What Im trying to buy is:
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (PC4-21300) C16 Memory Kit - Black

What else do I need to consider when buying ram to be sure its compatible

Attached: Capture.png (316x124, 7K)

lets say I put this a my phones wallpaper, and show it to the guy at my job interview.
what'll happen?

Java...
We meet again....
Email the store you're buying the motherboard+ram from and ask them to confirm if your configuration will work.
They'll probably respond within a day or two for you.

>"Mr.Davids please stop showing me cat pictures and explain your lack of work history on your resume"

Is there an easy way to download all banners, board banners, 404 images and b& images?

Attached: 1550025861822.png (228x278, 76K)

>s.4cdn.org/image/title/0.jpg
change the number and you get every banner.

Here
Called Verizon, Pajeet was unable to do anything (big surprise), still have 300-500 ping. Now my question is how I would go about setting up a second ISP. Do I need a second router and modem? I should probably get them anyway since my shit is fucking ancient garbage, but I have no idea how to pick them. Any advice, or am I on my own on this one? And don't even ask why I'm getting a second ISP instead of just switching, my family is retarded.

>Change the number
You mean write a very simple python program to save the image and iterate the number, right?

You'll have to encrypt the partitions separately and enter a password every time you boot. There's no convenient way I know of to encrypt a linux partition from within the OS, so you'll have to back up your data and configuration and resinstall as far as I know. Windows only lets you use bitlocker and I'm not sure if that'll encrypt more than just the windows partition.

You probably don't even need python if you just wget everything, shell scripts would be enough.

>pcem vs 86box
whats the difference and which is better?

Is there some way to get a cracked version of Tidal or some other way to stream high quality music? I know that it's better to just download high quality audio files of songs and stuff in the long run, but I want something that I can just listen to music to on my PC without downloading it.

Stupid Question here:

Given that Intel seems to generally be beaten handily in everything other than single-threaded performance by AMD (by clock rate, not IPC), what prevents them from just doubling down and making a "Gaming CPU" marketed solely for gamers with like the bare minimum number of acceptable cores/threads, and just focus on driving the clock speeds way up?

I'm assuming that more cores on a CPU means greater difficulty to bring them all up to a high clock rate, and this limits the whole CPU from reaching an even higher boost. So what reason is there for there not to be some cheaper CPU that pulls this off? Is it just impossible to reach higher clock speeds safely given their current tech? Is it impractical from a market perspective? Do I just fundamentally misunderstand how CPUs work?

Attached: ISHYGDDTSignals.gif (180x180, 216K)

You see, the "SaaS" and streaming age of computing makes it a lot harder to have the typical cracked versions of software. This sort of stuff isn't like off-the-shelf paid software the good ole days. It's a subscription-based account model where the software is free, but the account is not. This means that in order to 'crack' Tidal like that, you'd have to be breaking into their servers and making accounts for yourself and shit, which isn't exactly possible.
So no, you can't 'crack' Tidal. It's not a program. It's a service.

Who pfsense? How do I access my wireless access point if my pfsense is 192.168.1.1 and my access point is the same? I changed pfsense to 10.0.0.1 and can't even into my AP. Got ddwrt on my AP btw

Just bought an SSD and am planning to reinstall Windows on it and keep my old HDD just for storage. I was just gonna delete all the Windows folders and shit off the old drive, but is there any reason why it would be a better idea to format the whole thing instead?

Heat mostly. I don't think you can just take an AMD64 core and spread it out to dissipate heat, if you could the silicon would be taking up more space under the lid than it does. You can't make the silicon in shapes that don't tile, otherwise you waste too much of the wafer. And in general, changing too much to deal with thermals means more problems arise to be worked out, and it's just not cost effective.

Thinking about this has made me wonder though, why isn't CPU silicon hexagonal?

how do I connect microphone form a Bluetooth headphone to a pc?
it's an ath-sr50bt, pretty comfy to game with, but I want to play csgo and I don't want to buy a separate microphone or a dedicated gaming headphone that would have worse sound quality

sure u could do it that way. im just not sure how man there is so maybe start with 100 and go from there

Windows on your SSD might still detect a windows installation on your HDD and it might freak out about licensing or something (but it probably won't). And if you don't get rid of the boot partition (which doesn't mean formatting the whole drive), your computer might still try to boot into it (but it probably won't if you change boot priority) which you don't want it to do if you get rid of most of the windows system folders.

Programs behave differently opening them from dmenu vs the terminal. What is the difference?

Attached: 1463266611852.jpg (194x249, 11K)

If the device has bluetooth with built-in mic, it should show up when you pair it with your PC. Maybe check "recording devices" in Windows.

You should try changing it to 192.168.2.1

How can I play a steam game so that the audio and subtitles are in different languages?

Port forwarding settings will be in your router settings but each interface is different. So, search for "your_router_model +"port forwarding"" and that should try you pointed in the right direction.

yeah if the game has it in the settings it should be no problem

If I have a Fire Stick, is there some sort of app or something I can add to it so I can get free TV and movies?

I would imagine those settings would be somewhere in the game itself.

>get one of those shitty $200 laptops with w10
>try to install Linux
>ignores livecd and liveusb

What? Is this a Windows 10 thing or are laptops locked down nowadays?

Are you saying finding cute things online isn't valuable work?

It won't let you pick your boot device?

ok I set it up for input, but when I try recording my voice to test what it sounds like, it's very quiet even at 100, is there any way to boost mic volume further?

Yeah I can’t even get to to the bios

So I'm using the legendary google botnet, chrome.

Youtube doesn't load any videos when I am signed into my google account. If I stay signed out of my account shit loads no problem. (extensions like ublockorigin are fine) Anyone else had this issue?
Windows 7 if that helps.

Did you turn off the fast boot/hibernate thing?

Let me try

idk if this is the right place
I assume some degree of appliances or duties would be different in other countries, particularly Asian or maybe European ones. If I wanted to live abroad, are some countries more feasible than others? Would they require being retrained in substantial ways, or outright refuse to hire me? Its kind of hard finding specific info on this.

you might need to reboot into firmware from in windows
some of the newer ones that boot super quick just skip everything and go right to the windows bootloader

Yeah that’s what’s happening, it just boots immediately into w10. Let me try pressing every function key first

i haven't actually used it (can it be used with linux even?), but my uefi warns me that it "boots so fast that there's no way to turn it back off unless you reboot into firmware from windows"

I just changed internet providers and get a free cable card out of the deal. I currently have a VISIO TV which does not support them, is there a type of adapater I could buy instead? Could I just but a TiVO?

"-- or clear the cmos"
i know you can reboot into firmware from linux, just that i tried turning it on once and nothing happened, so it seems it's not quite that simple
didn't bother looking into it, since i rarely reboot

There might be some options in the Windows settings, I would first make sure the mic is positioned properly first. You could test the mic on another device to see if it is quieter there. I know there is software to boost mic volume, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.

can you rephrase that sentence so that us plebs may understand what the fuck you're trying to say?

I pasted it from Jow Forums and forgot the fucking subject, so yeah it makes no sense
If I have experience in HVAC/R in the USA, would I be able to take that experience to make a living abroad is what I'm asking

well it's a fixed position mic on an ath-sr50bt so I can't move it around
the windows settings are at 100, and there's no boost settings like with usb/3.5mm headphones so I guess i'll try software since I don't want to bother my neighbor
thanks user

>HVAC/R
i'm not familiar with international regulations but i'm guessing that different countries have different standards
you'll need to be licensed overseas but since it's all technical then the experience would translate fairly well
I don't see why someone would refuse to hire you, unless it's completely different and you need complete retraining
try to find out local regs where you want to go, and if the stuff you would be working with/on are familiar

looking for light weight PDF reader that can still type in form fillable boxes.
foxit reader is still slow as shit on loading and stutters during scrolling. are PDFs just that shit?

imo the /diy/ trades are very region specific due to local construction codes and labor unions. And then there's the different measurements system between the USA and everywhere else. You may need substantial retraining to work outside North America.

Will I ever find friends again?

How do I use my laptop screen as a tv screen?

I just wanna play my PS3. Do I need some software or adaptors?

Attached: IMG_20190727_061416.jpg (1024x564, 55K)

hmm thats kind of shitty, but oh well

How can i make my scrolling more smooth? I just installed Linux mint and it's such a pain.

scrolling what?

How do I make files permanently unrecoverable without physically obliterating my drives?

Attached: semen demon.jpg (429x377, 41K)

scrolling in general is just so slow and janky

meant for

So weird, how come it won’t boot into opensuse live usb? I just wanted kde

i'm not sure i understand

This is pure dystopian speculation, but perhaps gooogle knows exactly who you are when signed in and it knows enough to deny you content because it hates you for being a defective product of theirs in some way. When you're not signed in, it can't be totally sure enough it's the defective product.
(it wouldn't surprise me if the board of directors called ordinary people "our product" right now.)

If the PS3 could stream the video output to LAN devices, you could to it, but I don't think it can. If your laptop had HDMI or other video in, you could do it that way, but it probably doesn't, handy as that might be.

uh i guess this is the perfect place to ask, i recently got a bunch of old machines some im planning to use as servers, but i separated the shittiest one to experiment with, after having cleaned it of all its files i wanted to try using Sculpt OS, cos its been paining my head not trying it, the thing is i prepared a usb stick with rufus with the img, put it in the pc, corrected the bios to select the USB-HDD, the pc boots up, Genode logo appears, but then it all goes black, the pc is still running, but im getting no output, any idea? maybe its architecture is affecting it.
its running an intel celeron one-cored 2.26ghz cpu with 256mb of ram and god knows what graphic processor (integrated i believe, but the kind thats in the mother)

So it can't? Even though I had all these ports?

for the time being im going to test a lil the system trying to run a bsd distribution
last sec update, the pc just went off, dunno what happened

maybe some hdmi to usb adapter? no idea

What do you do once it tells you grub.efi failed to boot?

what are good resources to learn about configuring environments for productions? linux, virtual hosts, load balancers, etc? what should i know?

Can I sue for discrimination if my wife wants to divorce me because I'm gay?

Is there a free VPN that actually let me post on Jow Forums

Can any harm be done by manually clearing RAM standby memory? I have the issue where windows isn't doing it on its own

I want to programm a simple 2D game that shows the world from a top down view and is a very simple RTS with stuff like ressource, manpower etc. Then I want to introduce learning AI into that. Where do I start ?

Attached: der neger.png (450x393, 176K)

Outside cached programs opening slower, not much.
Its not supposed to be cleared since there is no benefit from it if its used.

DBAN.