X86 is a zombie architecture...

x86 is a zombie architecture. nobody should need to use more than 64k of ram anyway and a 6510 cpu does everything you should need.

Attached: 8bitguy.png (292x231, 82K)

this but unironically

Is this cuck popular here?
I hate youtubers so much. Especially self-appointed "nerd" types.

Attached: 1519253757274.webm (800x450, 2.11M)

>autism jeans
every time

don't talk shit bout 8-bit guy when intel controls your computer with a backdoor and hunts your down with a drone. Don't come crying to us and 8-bit guy

dont get me wrong, i dislike x86 a lot but its the best we have right now, and everything runs on it. Id much rather a power9 or riscV cpu (no arm, fuck arm). but until theyre commerically available for consumers and have working x86 translation layers ill stick with x86

real talk though how do you get good form fitting clothes?

You go to the store and try on clothes until you find something that fits.

16 bytes of RAM should be enough for everybody

Attached: 8bit.png (1077x1063, 2.66M)

>dont get me wrong
I don't. You are an idiot, and part of the problem.

I hope you don't get me wrong.

>Why isn't everyone using the same underground shit as I am

You're the part of the bell curve that doesn't pay well user, learn some business and accept x86 will be around for decades to come.

Attached: JPEG_20180404_032539.jpg (124x125, 4K)

This is an e-celeb advertisement. Probably paid for too
You know what to do

like and subscribe?

most popular 8-bit architectures primarily targeted embedded applications first and general purpose computing second and were recognized as braindead toys by people working on real computers even when they were still the hottest new thing

64k of memory was mediocre even by 1970s standards

Attached: 1558332990031.png (680x680, 124K)

6502:
>American
>Not that hard to completely understand the whole architecture in a week
>so eeasy that software is mainly written in assembly
>doesn't have a backdoor

x86(-64)
>Israel
>Has had so much shit added to it that it has been nearly impossible to know everything about it since 80386
>you would have to both insane and a genius to write modern x86 software in assembly
>processors generally have universal backdoors

Remind me OP, how is x86 better than 6502 again?

Attached: serveimage-8.jpg (512x512, 38K)

>year of the (anything but x86) honest!

x86 was designed with compilers in mind from day one.

there is literally nothing wrong with that jeans
it's just normal pants

Idk why I ever bother trying to discuss stuff on Jow Forums anymore, noone wants to discuss anything, they just want to namecall.

get the fuck out then faggot

Attached: pepe.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Get to a serious forum then. You don't debate processor architecture with people < 50 years old. Here we get our fix of morning aggressiveness, and maybe one of us moves onto something productive afterwards. Think of Jow Forums like Jow Forums for tech.

the whole websites Jow Forums now, there used to be good discussion on Jow Forums about this stuff

>8bitguy
i bet you let him fuck your wives too anons

>shadman

Where do you think you are, user? People here don't have wives. They have waifus.

RISC-V is the future

Attached: Elly.png (5101x6579, 1.58M)

Lol ok, good luck socializing or getting a job

I just spotted you in JBlow Twitch shilling Risc V

his wife is actually really hot

>(-64)
You can just say x86 for all of them. x86 refers to all the processors as a family, regardless of integers.

imagine this man barreling toward you at full speed. would you shit yourself?

x86 is a pretty wide set of instruction sets. amd64 is much more narrow, has a defined register size, and a minimal instruction set which includes SSE2.
x86 could refer to the 8086, which is ancient by today's standards, and modern software wouldn't run on it.

Bill Gates says 640K is enough
I say 2 gigs is enough

Come home, white man.

Attached: 672494968.jpg (800x600, 38K)

No one can make an argument that 640K isn't enough without using consumerism as a reason.
>but what about muh 4k anime and gaymes?!

why the fuck aren't motorola making cpu's anymore? I want to gayme and compile on a 68000

>>so eeasy that software is mainly written in assembly
No, they were literally just too weak to run compilers.

He walks like he doesn't fit in his own skin

Attached: 1322019767369.png (500x376, 151K)

post her

>>Has had so much shit added to it that it has been nearly impossible to know everything about it since 80386
Because it's better to have 10 instruction and reinvent the wheele everytime no?

>>you would have to both insane and a genius to write modern x86 software in assembly
No one write entire complex software in assembly, you write them in an high level language and then you edit them. At most you write exploits in x86.

>>processors generally have universal backdoors
Architecture, not the implementation

Motorola is dead. They were split up and bought by multiple companies.

>Think of Jow Forums like Jow Forums for tech
You're the problem on this website.

x86 is sort of a mess to be honest, so much stuff piled up over the years...
I am really curious if ARM will ever become a serious contender for workstations.
Tbf take the Raspberry 4, the thermals aren't very encouraging; performance is much better BUT... yeah thermals argh, we are back to 90C+ land, just like the current trend on x86 CPUs.
Still its better at least the Raspberry 4 hits 90C WITHOUT a heatsink; whereas an intel 8th gen hits 90C or even 100C WITH a (basic) heatsink!

GAS INTEL
ARCHITECTURE WAR NOW

>why the fuck aren't motorola making cpu's anymore?
Because they bought into PowerPC hype and killed off their own products, then died when they had none of their own products.

Same thing that happened to most companies that switched to x86 or killed their stuff off prematurely for Itanium hype.

No shes not shes like a 1/10 looks inbred

how old are you, 65?

Attached: lul.png (1644x1037, 2.19M)

>by not dressing like a bugman in skin tight jeans I have autism
Yeah ok so fuck off you self righteous piece of shit. Go back to /fa/ and talk about how you're tranny core or some shit, us true chads wear whatever the fuck we want and fuck girls whenever we want non negotiable.

Every day, youtubers are freely advertised here. The mods and jannies always turn a blind eye to these threads even though they are in direct violation of the rules.
The place sucks these days.

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 10K)

Fucking hell gross.
Mate you're a faggot, this isn't hot at all. This is like some trailer park lot lizard.

Jow Forums - E-Celebrities

Does Jow Forums stand for gay? People here circle jerk these e celeb faggots all day

how many kHZ can this run at before getting fucked by parasitics

Not as hot as my girlfriend

Attached: IMG_0552.jpg (540x960, 87K)

This chick is sexy as fucckkkkj

Any more pics of her

Pretty sure ive seen her hanging with dan bilzerian

Attached: 8bitbike.webm (778x460, 650K)

underrated post.

And yes.

Attached: 1560311923507.jpg (1200x1137, 299K)

What if you've got some kind of mutant biology and nothing fits?

>what is ARM?

Attached: 63366363633.jpg (322x293, 23K)

based boomer

>x86 is a zombie architecture
What is that even supposed to mean?

>x86-64
>not amd64

Attached: spodermeme.png (800x450, 155K)

No matter how often you shill this guy, I will not go to his youtube channel.
Fuck off

its the hip boomer lol

get that shit tailored

Yep

how can he look so uncomfortable all the time

An even worse architecture at the moment.
>but muh botnet
Yeah sure whatever enjoy your worse performance then 8086 compatible processors.

Where can I find these two videos?

Attached: 1564374221474.jpg (480x480, 32K)

give me the sauce goddammit

Attached: wlloxyfzw6d31.jpg (960x960, 56K)

It's no different from linking to conventional websites. Those are also loaded with monetization systems.

I think they're from his subscriber milestone special. It's called something along the lines of "A day in my life".

>self-appointed "nerd"
Look at this dude. Look at the niche content he uploads and his interests. I think this dude isn't some gamer girl xDD such a nerd who likes capeshit. I think after a certain point you are an OG boomer nerd.

thank you boo boo, love ya

Attached: download (3).jpg (259x194, 8K)

Stfu faggot power-9 is the future of computing

The true future of computing is in OpenRISC, dummy.

Attached: 1474907507819.jpg (255x220, 7K)

risc architecture is going to change everything

imagine being a nostalgiafag

About half
>The computer’s clock is used to synchronize all operations. The clock we’re building is based on the popular 555 timer IC. The videos go into some detail on the operation of the 555 and use it in three different ways.
>Our clock is adjustable-speed (from less than 1Hz to a few hundred Hz). The clock can also be put into a manual mode where you push a button to advance each clock cycle. This will be a really useful feature for debugging the computer later on.

sauce

Attached: my dick itch.jpg (1649x1440, 464K)