I need a portable wearable single eye monitor

I need a portable wearable single eye monitor.
Something dbz scouter style, an htc vive cut in half.
Is there seriously nothing on the market for this yet? Needs to have inputs and/or bluetooth or something, maybe use wifi screeen casting. some way to connect it to a phone or a single board computer to stream camera feeds so an external device capable of lots of power can be connected.

Attached: 4648ef14f0488b8654c3486f7719355b.png (500x378, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomsguide.com/us/best-ar-glasses,review-2804.html
brother-usa.com/business/hmd#sort=@productcatalogsku ascending
github.com/relativty/Relativ
youtube.com/watch?v=pkB1Nahi-X0
roadtovr.com/kopin-unveils-lightning-2k-x-2k-120hz-oled-microdisplay-mobile-vr/
marketplace.oled-info.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=pTDBkRjiqTk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They would be called Augmented Reality Glasses or HUD Glasses. I'm not aware of anything like that affordable as consumer-grade hardware.

I dont give a fuck about being able to see out of the eye its covering if that opens up more choices

Find a used Google Glass

>Google Glass
>640×360
too low rez.

I've looked too OP, there isn't anything and I think it's because anyone wearing smart glasses ends up getting punched in the face

You can't even build your own because transparent tiny screens aren't available to the public

>I need a portable wearable single eye monitor.
no you don't
tomsguide.com/us/best-ar-glasses,review-2804.html

The only reasonably priced near eye display I know of is the vufine, and it only accepts 720p input via mini hdmi.

I've been wanting this forever. Cool and useful as fuck to connect to your camera.
Considering that (((they))) make expensive as fuck gear for anything to cameras something like this should've been made by now.

That would be awful, you'd have to keep one eye closed at all times so you could focus on whatever is in front of the other eye.

brother-usa.com/business/hmd#sort=@productcatalogsku ascending

Brother AiRScouter is probably your best bet as a consumer.
A bunch of groups like Epson, Sony, AuO, and others make head mounted eye-displays like this for Cinema, Drone piloting, Industrial Workers, Niche Designers, and more. But usually they're only available after you contact them with interest, they send a business lead to your office, they talk to you about the platform, what it can do, and how it'll integrate with the softwares you plan to use it with, and then sell it to you on lease for $23,000, with $67/month maintenance added.

Attached: maxresdefault (17).jpg (1280x720, 128K)

>it's because anyone wearing smart glasses ends up getting punched in the face
op here, I totally understand. People don't like cameras shoved in their face. I wouldn't even want a camera in it. Literally just want an eye monitor and nothing else. Not some weird ai glasses thing or some contraption that looks like a 1930s brace like autismo in this guys pic thanks for the good info, looks like Im fucked.

Attached: bb60a565a263a0128f407a29f4a5a54c.jpg (416x522, 36K)

I know it would suck. its for a super niche purpose. I planned on training to ignore that eye while doing normal activities but when something happens the motion would shift my attention back to that monitor. It would only be used for a few hours at a time and isnt something I looked forward to doing but it beats constantly having a phone in my hand and having to shift focus away from what Im doing to check the screen every 5 seconds.

At that point just 3D print some kind of armature to keep your phone in front of your face. Out a hinge on it so you can swing and lock the phone out of the way when you don't need to look at it. It's not going to look worse than any product suggested here.

>vufine
Thanks, Im looking into that now. 720 is at least a reasonable resolution, pretty good considering the size. Could be 4 or 8k if they went with a scouter sized version.

>no you don't
Why dont I?

Ive often considered that. After the investment in getting a 3d printer and fucking around with fresnel lenses to find the right one to compensate for a screen that close it just be cheaper to fork out the money for a premade one IF available, which it looks like its not.

what part of that supposedly $500 pricetag and HDMI-IN wouldn't work?

Get an HTC Vive and cut it in half.

It would work and looks like a nice device that I would love to own, however my use would often be in public places or when Im working on something and that thing looks like it not only warrants an ass beating, but also looks super encumbering sorta like having a stilt glued to your face. The long arm also looks kind fragile. I was hoping something existed that was more compact and flush with the face. I meant no disrespect by my comments.

Im considering doing so, only issue is the things bulky due to being designed to accommodate a tone of sensors and io that isnt needed. The vive is sorta built like a prototype anyway and I image is a nightmare to modify.
It looks like it has two screens which is good, I thought it had one long one so I initially ruled that option out. Do you know if a smaller universal driver is available for these types of screens?

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 5K)

If you're not afraid of a little /diy/ you could just buy a 2-3 inch TFT display and an LCD driver board and build one yourself.

I love diy, just lack the equipment for something with this level of finesse and fear trying to find the right lens to focus the thing. Great suggestion though, thanks.

You're better off looking at the plans for one of the "open source" VR headsets, e.g.
github.com/relativty/Relativ
basically if you have more money than time, maybe get a magic leap devkit.

>trying to find the right lens to focus the thing
this shouldn't be hard at all. Just figure out how bulky you want the thing to be then work backward from the focal length to find the lens you need.

Thanks for the suggestions. I admire that people still think like that on here. Due to personal issues I dont have the time or patients to roll my own. This entire thing is to be able to liberate myself from the house in the first place.

Im going to look at the things that have been suggested in this thread and get something figured out. Thanks to all who gave suggestions. Ill stick around and continue discussing these devices out of fascination for anyone that does want to continue the discussion.

What kind of nigger infested shithole do you live in that you can get ass whooping for wearing AR glasses?

one with lots of bullies and rednecks that get angry at things they dont understand.

Check this OP : youtube.com/watch?v=pkB1Nahi-X0
Most parts of this are easy to get, a glass, a mirror, a frame and a socket to connect a micro computer. The hard part is getting the sceen. For that you'll need what's currently best avaible : OLED micro-displays. There are plenty of them on Amazon and Aliexpress but theyr are shit. If you want something more advanced and hi-res like 1080p or above you'll need to find niche manufacturers. The problem with them is that they usually only deal with other businesses and not simple consumers, I've actually tried to contact some but as soon as I said that I'm not a company these jews ignored me. So you'll have to go throught another company with people you know willing to buy these displays in you stead and that you buy from this proxy company then.

But well, even if they are hard to obtain and not that cheap (goes from 500 to 2k $ piece), there as severals displays on the market that are fairly advanced now. The best one I know of are those: roadtovr.com/kopin-unveils-lightning-2k-x-2k-120hz-oled-microdisplay-mobile-vr/
2048*2048 pixels for 120Hz all this on a 0.5-0.6 inch diagonal, pretty nice isn't it? And there are plenty of 1080p too. Monochome or fulls colors too.

Also, usually they are bare screen and theur specs only descibe the protocol used, and not the implementation, you'll have to figure that yourself.

When you think about it, when you know where to look at, you'll discover that there are displays technologies on the market that will appear on the normie products in only 5-10 years. And that even flagship consumer stuff has already outdated display technologies that they make you pay premium for it.

Check this too user : marketplace.oled-info.com/
There you can find not only hd micro-displays (

Attached: kobin-oled-lightning-microdisplay-featured-1-1021x580.jpg (1021x580, 74K)

I've used the AiRScouter series before for camera operation on sets. They're not really remotely fragile, or encumbering. I was wearing one with a full steady-cam mount, and I could still run and move just as well as normal, probably a little better since I could move my head more, not having to keep my face zero'd in on a 5" monitor mounted to my camera.

Nobody is going to make a "DBZ Scouter" look-alike for a number of reasons. The screen luminescence would be trash. Even with transparent OLED, your contrast ratio would be better suited to text only, and would be nearly impossible to read in a regular commercial, public setting without the resolution being scaled all the way down.
Transparent OLEDs cost a ton to manufacturer, and manufacturer for.
The fact of making them transparent is only helpful for Altered Reality cases, where usually you want them to be noticeable by others for the sake of Ethics. Because of Google Glasses, everybody is wary of being recorded in public these days, and of people with HMDs and cameras pointing everywhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=pTDBkRjiqTk
The Drove FPV market is where consumers meet the HMD for the most part. And Monocles suck for FPV. Flat out. So not many people make FPV monocles.

Your use case sounds specialized enough, that if you want something that isn't clearly advertising itself as a Digital Camera viewfinder on a handband a stick, you're going to have to try to engineer your own solution.

>Ill stick around and continue discussing these devices out of fascination for anyone that does want to continue the discussion.
then I'll just add that I took apart an old projector recently that had a little 2" LCD that I thought would make a neat scouter. The downsides though are no backlight so you'd have to look into a light source to see the screen and it's not really that clear to just look straight through anyway. Also only 320x240 and the FPC connection isn't the most common type and the stock controller is kind of big.

Attached: 20190728_154555-4032x3024.jpg (4032x3024, 1.81M)

Fun-Fact: A lot of projectors with "large" 2" screens like that are actually reusing old feature phone screens, sans backlight. Thats why they're kinda shit, low-res, but cheap

I do have a drawer full of old phones I've been thinking about cracking open.

Scouters/SmartGlasses are memes. It is extremely straining to the eye to focus on something that close to your face for long periods of time. Also, considering that information displayed through the smart glasses can be distracting, expect a lot more car accidents and people walking into traffic.

If they make smart glass that can display high resolution video that appears a few feet away from the face, then it will be great. The technology would largely have to be incorporated directly into the glass. Or a projection would be beamed on to the glasses from the inside near the corner of the users eyes.

Nikon UP300X /cyb/ as fuck.

Also only available in japan... 10 years ago.

Attached: Obj_NikonUP300.jpg (600x464, 55K)

Try finding a cyberdisplay 300M.
They're the displays used in this spykids spy car toys from around the 2000s.
They're neat and I've got one sitting around.

>that appears a few feet away from the face,
thats what the fresnel lens does
could also be a mirror that reflects from a screen that wraps around the side of the head in a glasses shaped package

thats cool, I hope you find something cool to do with it.

Im starting to doze off now, I would have liked to stay around longer.

thanks again to all who gave suggestions and feedback.

after googling the name of the thing and seeing the different variations it looks a lot smaller than how I originally saw it.
The thing in the video looks cool, Ill defiantly be looking into that more