Doesn't have an engineering degree

>doesn't have an engineering degree
>calls himself a software engineer

please tell me none of you do this

Attached: ENGINEER.png (655x275, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_architect.
youtube.com/watch?v=CbLJCkL5mMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have a degree in mechanical engineering, but I work as a software engineer.

My job title is software architect but I don’t have a degree in architecture.

I got really upset when one of the Junior Devs referred to himself as an engineer. I think that's illegal in some countries.

I'm a computer scientist and my job title is mathematician.

My job title is literally "Sorftware Engineer"

Should I just call myself a developer?

Yet I still make more than you ever will. This is why youre so stuck up about the "engineer" part, its all you have. We beat you in salary and smarts all the time

Go engineer me a latte

petition to rename novelists to story engineers

thats right, I'm a software scientist

Attached: finnish autism lion2.jpg (800x800, 173K)

What's your favorite mathematical field?

You and people like you are cowards for not taking responsibility for bad software.

(R, ., +) get it?

you mean
>Master of philosophy

I'm a software architect with an engineering degree. I only mind when brainlet CS majors call themselves engineers, the more competent ones can use the term sparingly and that's generally OK.

I'm a software architect and I refuse to use that title because I'm not a fucking architect. I use software engineer or programmer because software engineering is a real thing.

Why yes I'm a front-end software engineer or as I'd like to refer myself, a code artisan. I took 2 weeks to center a button on a webpage, 1 of which was spent making memes about it.

>I'm a software architect
then you architect software retard.

doesn't matter, if that's your job title, that's your job title.

based retard

>architecting software
Just listen to how retarded that sounds. Software architect is just the enterprise version of code artisan, the term is meaningless in shape and form.

I just call myself a programmer because...it's what I do

did you work well with your user experience Sherpa?

do you also think engineers didn't exist throughout history until universities started popping up and offering degrees in engineering?

No retard. Soft. architects don't program at all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_architect.

There is also Software Designer

>Soft. architects don't program at all.
Where did I imply that?

nice argument

do you also think x didn't exist throughout history until universities started popping up and offering degrees in x?

I call myself a software engineer and have a degree in electrical engineering. Does that count?

>The software architect concept began to take hold when object-oriented programming or OOP, was coming into more widespread use (in the late 1990s and early years of the 21st century).[citation needed] OOP allowed ever-larger[quantify] and more complex[quantify] applications to be built, which in turn required increased[quantify] high-level application and system oversight.[citation needed]

>The role of software architect generally has certain common traits:[according to whom?]

Find a better article, there's literally no references.

Up here the term 'engineer' is protected, and you actually do get an engineering license when you graduate the software engineering degree.

hello josh

yes, of course they existed. Your mindset of "I need a degree in X to be called an X" is wrong.

here's a video from Carnegie Mellon
youtube.com/watch?v=CbLJCkL5mMU

Nowadays, you DO need a degree to call yourself a doctor, for example. Any profession that involves dealing with human lives, critical systems, etc you need licensed professionals to do the job.

It's still retarded, legally your job title is supposed to be engineer-in-training until you're a PEng which literally nobody follows.

>Nowadays, you DO need a degree to call yourself a doctor, for example.
Technically, you don't. You need a medical practitioner's license.

>Any profession that involves dealing with human lives, critical systems, etc you need licensed professionals
Licensed is not synonymous with a university degree, you need a license to drive a car as well.

It's all fun and games until a bridge collapses

I call myself a bit manipulator.

if you deal with bits you get bitten

Hey, I'm not the one that started calling myself a software engineer. The major company that pays me a six figure salary to work on their cutting edge technology did. Who am I to argue?

Yes, you need a license for certain professions to be able to legally identify with that title. doctors, nurses, pharmacists, lawyers, etc.

Not engineers. Might vary by country perhaps.

>Letting the government tell you what you can and can't call people

Attached: 1518969418038.png (3729x4010, 1.17M)

I'm a web dev but I've got an MSc in Philosophy

I have a bachelor's on software engineering
I'm doing my master's in computer engineering

>I'm a data scientist

t. barely can use excel

Attached: 1562455558360.jpg (653x490, 41K)

I'm an executive officer but I have never anally raped a private with my rapier sheath.

Attached: 1534909220772.png (1280x720, 1.29M)

I'm a patrol executive of open hydrogen bodies and chief operational manager of public welfare within such areas.

Attached: 1534073725455.jpg (2560x1920, 659K)

>let's inject a bunch of union/certification bullshit into the highest earning industry on earth

Lmao, fuck off, civ/mechanical cucks. Enjoy your low salary

>Doesn't know anything about medicine
>Says his PhD in physics makes him a Doctor

Sage