/hpg/ FUCKOFF AND BUY BEATS EDITION

Hello all, this is a thread for discussion of headphones, as well as amplifiers and source components like DACs.

For recommendations there is a certain style to copy, but I forgot it for now.

> Budget
> Open/Closed
> Previous headphones
> Preferred sound signature

Attached: yes.png (1250x2500, 455K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v7qisJ_KuYI
youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3X4m9jcjc
youtube.com/watch?v=unAeE-uDU1Q
innerfidelity.com/content/comparison-beyerdynamic-dt-880-32-ohm-dt-880-250-ohm-and-dt-880-600-ohm-headphones-page-2
youtube.com/watch?v=K8zAko5G6eg
amazon.co.uk/SpongeBob-SquarePants-Headphones-Childrens-Years-Blue-Yellow/dp/B01LYKLQ70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reposting because my last answers were pretty subpar.
>Budget
None. Give me the best you have
>Open/closed
Either. Just make sure it’s good.
>Previous headphones
Stax L700, Sennheiser HD800S, Stax SR-Lambda
>Preferred sound sig
5-6dB bass boost, good extension, no bloating into lower mids. Neutral or upper-oriented mids. Treble needs to have somewhat noticeable stick impact with clean extension. High technicalities and resolution. In other words, think IER-Z1R but in headphone form. Soundstage should be good but optional. MUST BE COMFORTABLE. Shouldn’t require me to use EQ. Impress me.

lcd2 close has some dark treble and it's on your face

Buy AKG my dudes

Looking for some running/workout ear/headphones, nothing expensive, my only requiremnts are:
>wireless
>don't sound like utter shit
>isolated well enough so that I can listen to podcasts while on a treadmill/around traffic

So budget around 50 euromoney, preferably closed, and I guess balanced signature

Beats Pro

I need wireless headphones for the gym. IEM would be better. They need to be wireless and they need to be able to withstand being run over by a train or submerged in sweat.

alright retards, what are the best headphones for my taste in music?

The 3 types of music I enjoy are:

standard purepop
youtube.com/watch?v=v7qisJ_KuYI

slow girlpop
youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3X4m9jcjc

doom metal
youtube.com/watch?v=unAeE-uDU1Q

Hey Anons. I'm getting started into FLAC music files. I primarily listen to music on the go. Tips for where are the best places to get FLAC files and how to store them? I could toss them onto my phone I suppose.. but is there a good app that plays them? Thanks

Attached: 51Iy+tJq4sL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Bone conduction headphones. Because you must be deaf to listen to that.

top zozzle

buy a shit pair and mod them with a bluetooth module.
What, are you too stupid to do something as simple as add a bluetooth chip, a few ports and a battery to your headphones?

Attached: 156031071787.jpg (720x405, 37K)

>metal

Attached: 0tsydt6jq8u21.png (1000x808, 404K)

thepiratebay
on a microsd card
don't fall for the FLAC meme, retard.

I'm gonna buy DT-880 32 ohm variant despite the IF guy recommending against it, because I only use my headphones with my laptop or a bluetooth DAC+AMP and don't want to carry a dedicated amp everywhere (still could buy a decent amp+dac for home though if it helps). Tell me how much of a retard I am.

innerfidelity.com/content/comparison-beyerdynamic-dt-880-32-ohm-dt-880-250-ohm-and-dt-880-600-ohm-headphones-page-2

Attached: beyerdynamic dt-880.jpg (565x600, 35K)

Just so you know, lcd2 closed makes brainwaltzera songs more excited. My other headphones, including some open backs, sound shit with his songs.

roo tracker

Just buy hd820 and stop being a faggot.

Attached: 1200px-OpenBSD_Logo_-_Cartoon_Puffy_with_textual_logo_below.svg.png (1200x781, 180K)

Hahahahaha why the fuck would I buy that incoherent overpriced cashgrab piece of shit

AAC? OOG? I wouldn't mind negligible compression.

But for real, just get a good slightly v-shaped pair of headphones, that works well with most crap. If you want closed, TH-X00, Denon AH-D5200, or Beyerdynamic DT770 if you go cheaper, if you want open, Beyerdynamic DT1990, DT990 if you go cheaper, or possibly some other planars which I'm not sure which.

hd820 has some aggressive/weird frequencies, what good about it?

Chances are you'd drive the 250ohm version to listenable level, and it's better.

itt nice meme

Looking for something to use in the office.

$200 - $300
Closed, as isolated as possible, sound cancelling is okay
Currently use a Beyerdynamic DT990 at home and AudioTechnica CXR50IS on the train.
I like em smiley eq.

I also like to flex on my coworkers so I'd like it to look good. Thanks Jow Forums

Nothing. It’s Sennheiser doing their “rerelease a headphone for the 50th time to milk as much money out of the driver R&D as possible” shtick again.

is there any group worse than audiophiles who can't play an instrument or even translate what they are hearing? (eg. unique time signatures, keys)

You are the technological equivalent of an old boomer who uses his pensionbux to buy an expensive car but has no idea how it works.

DT770.

Second hand TH-X00 or Denon with wooden cups if you really want to flex.

I don't think you understand. The most important thing on a pair of headphones is rarity. Fewer owners = better. Now stop asking questions and buy Onkyo SN-1.

Attached: 1506853868541.jpg (640x410, 42K)

That post is terribly wrong. The way you worded it, would be about a boomed who use his pensionbux to buy an expensive car without designing his own tracks to drive on. Most audiophiles can say how their audio gear work, at least in a general way, the way a boomer can tell how his car and its most important components work. And they don't need to know about the intricacies of music composing to enjoy their gear, or know how it works.

>Jow Forums praised HD598s when they first released
>they got very popular
>HD598s are bad now

Attached: 1554259707296.png (190x266, 5K)

They didn't really get bad. There are just newer headphones that offer better value for money.

I see the same audiophiles on /mu/ idolize youtubers whose "what makes this song great" is ALL about the music theory itself.

You are losing a substantial component of appreciation by not understanding music theory.

It's like Helen Keller investing in better faucets to better disperse the water on her hands as she yells "WAAA WAAA!". But worse, it would be like if the mistook her basal appreciation for the feeling of water for any comprehensive understanding of the water itself.

>reddit spacing
>complaining about what others like
You need to go back and have sex

Late reply but thanks. I'll probably get the 250 ohm version (or possibly some similar AKG mode) and use it with a DAC + AMP at home then.

I used my 600 ohm DT990 straight out of my laptop and it worked fine. It really shouldn't be an issue with 250 ohm, even with a portable dac/amp.

While I admit that some fields of music require to have a knowledge base to correctly appreciate, it's not necessary for most. It's like understanding a magic trick. You can appreciate the trick more for knowing the work and/or ingenuity behind it, but it's not mandatory. You can just sit back and enjoy. In that case, having great headphones is like having a front row seat, while having shit headphones is a backrow seat, half behind a pillar blocking your view.
It won't make you understand the trick more if you're a casual listener, but it's still more enjoyable.

i use soulseekQT, just load em on a microSD and get a shaoling m0, best pmp under 100. I bought a Fiio x1 dont make the same mistake

>stop complaining about what others like
Literally the end argument of Reddit. Everytime I bring it up, some 103IQ genius thinks he exceeded the speed of light with that argument.

Relativistic nonsense.

That's great to know, thanks! I obviously intend to minimize time spent without AMP, but it's good that it can be listenable even in those situations.

> Budget
$300
> Open/Closed
Either
> Previous headphones
Status Audio CB-1, SHP 9500
Flat

Attached: 1563900211313.jpg (1280x1440, 94K)

Ignore him just don't fall for the anything above 16 bit 44.1 meme

I dont want to buy shit headphones that break after one week. They need to be extremely solid by design. ME fucking with their internals is going to destroy whatever little integrity they had.

Attached: IMG_1684.jpg (1920x1280, 950K)

I like this argument. Still, since I am comparing the validity of appreciation between two individuals, using your analogy, I would still say that Penn and Teller would appreciate a good magic trick more than a random audience member who just wants a night of entertainment.

I'd also argue that understanding of music theory enhances appreciation of any genre of music, not just complex ones like Blues.

galaxy buds NOW

rutracker is the best open tracker for .FLAC.
Honestly speaking, I would only ever use .FLAC on desktop and encode it to opus 128 for mobile use because IEMs suck, and your phone won't be able to power IEMs that can take advantage of that .FLAC.
For music player I'd recommend poweramp.
Hard to not recommend HD6XX.

Any downsides to the HD6XX?

>Budget
£30-50
>Open/closed
IEM
>Previous headphones
Soundmagic E10, replacing because I left them on the sodding bus on the way home from work
>Preferred sound sig
Balanced across the board.
As a side note, being able to use them at the gym without them falling out every 30 seconds would be nice.

It's a bit bright compared to the HD600/HD58X but it has actual soundstage, unlike HD600s/HD58X.

>FLAC meme
youre retarded.
like i agree that on the go you dont need flac but in critical listening there is a difference

Imagine still being fooled by the "My headphones sounds better with an external dac/amp" placebo.

youtube.com/watch?v=K8zAko5G6eg

Attached: 1335965452270.jpg (275x183, 9K)

Any good small headphones/iems with built in microphone for talking over phone/voip?
I have an ok mic + headphones for my pc but i need something mobile that i can use for both my phone and laptop.
Budget is something around 80-90 euro,but can raise it if there is something really worth buying.

Is it really a placebo? If it is I wonder why so many people buy them

>IEMs that can take advantage of FLAC
huh?
what?
did i read that right?
Everything benefits from FLAC unless its lo-fi garbage.
Get a good pair of IEMs buddy and you'll be woke.

Not a bad buy. Still respectable just now there's better things out. As stagnant as the headphone industry is they just didn't stand the test of time

Imagine listening to Oluv.
The guy tuned this and says it sounds great.

Attached: OluvTwsMemes.jpg (768x352, 38K)

Galaxy buds or save for the Sony wh1kxm3 or wf1kxm3

M A R K E T I N G

Jesus christ

Ahh I'm pretty sick of how bright my shp9500s are. Do you think an hd 600 would be better?

Hd600 are neutral but lack soundstage

sorry user i forgot to mention i want something wired because i still live in the past.

Trying to find some good bluetooth headphones for home/outside use.
If they have an option to also be wired that would be great.
Budget is 200 or below.
Help me out bros. My HD 4.40BT served me so so well but i got into an accident and they're fucked.

Attached: test.gif (384x288, 2.36M)

Need help.

1 Headphone
1 Laptop
1 Desktop

How do i make this work without having to constantly move the one cable?

Can i hook up the desktop part per cable and the laptop part over bluetooth by having some devide between the computes and headphone where i can switch where the input comes from?

like you can get something with a detachable cable and a cable with a mic on it like that vmoda boompro

hd 600 is a neutral warm sound so yea might be good for you. its got a tighter clamp than the 9500s but i like it

thanks user that's pretty cool

you can get USB hubs that do that, if you don't mind listening to music through one of those

Do they fuck up the audio that much? I'm not an audiophile in any case.

Looking for something that look good and are loud. I dont care about all those specs they just have to look good when I'm out at the gym. Price doesnt matter

MDR R10 and a slug loaded spas 12 through the roof of the mouth

I go through USB, my headphones came with an extender which has a 3.5mm to USB converter, and I need the long cable to reach my PC. It sounds fine, but maybe it's technically slightly worse? idk, I never looked into it. I'm gonna say no, it doesn't fuck up audio quality a lot.
I saw such USB hubs mentioned in one of wolfgang's videos.

Is "warm" the opposite of "bright"?

amazon.co.uk/SpongeBob-SquarePants-Headphones-Childrens-Years-Blue-Yellow/dp/B01LYKLQ70

Pretty much. Technically, the opposite of bright is dark, and usually means recessed treble. But since warm is usually boosted mid-bass and neutral/recessed treble, that's pretty much equivalent.

Is Oluv a nigger listener in disguise?

Dark would be the opposite of bight
Warm I would consider to the middle ground of dark and neutral

That's sounds perfect actually.

Not him but if I have a 58X is it worth getting 6XX as a brighter, larger soundstage alternative? Or are they not different enough to warrant it?

I could get Chord YUGO 2 for relatively cheap price, worth it?

Attached: 0D0FF766-0F2C-4104-B536-E112E3BFCEF1.jpg (1024x1024, 124K)

This is basically what i'm aiming for.

Does this kind of mystery box that does it all exist?

Attached: setup.jpg (1396x1006, 53K)

Getting an LG v35 (has a quad DAC)
I already have most of my library in flac
What iem should I get if mostly listen to rock'n roll?

You could maybe use a male-2 females and a Bluetooth adapter

> Budget
Sub 300$?
> Open/Closed
Closed
> Previous headphones
Sennheiser HD598, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
As neutral as possible

Most importantly something comfy. The M50x really weren't, couldn't wear them for more than an hour. The HD598 are extremely comfortable but I'm looking for something closed.

Dude, amps really matter, it gives wideness, hard to explain. also you posted this eceleb, easily not worth explaining

Mind telling me what your thoughts were on both of your previous headphones? I've been eyeing those lately and I'm wondering if they're worth it

Have you confirmed this by having a friend blindtest you? If not then you can't tell if you're just imaging the difference.

Well, amps really matter because thanks to amps you can drive high capacity headphones

I really like the HD598, everything I throw at them sounds alright, to me they're pretty good baseline headphones. I got them for 100$ a while back, and I'm more than happy with them.
I returned the M50x however, they just weren't comfortable, plus I didn't like how bass-heavy they were, so it really wasn't worth it to me.

Then again, it's really subjective.
I'd order them on Amazon, give them a try and ship them back if you're not satisfied. It's free if you're a prime member.

SBAF hates all Chord product but DAVE, and even they acknowledge that DAVE is overpriced for what it is. Skip, unless you can get it so cheap that you can resell it at same value.

I'm not him, but how is SBAF even relevant?

Should i buy the fiio fh7 iems or some full size closed headphone at the same price range?

The "nothing makes a difference, hd600 with onboard is totl" is the dumbest trend in the history of audiophoolery. I'd rather have the magic pebbles and cables guys.
Reddit ruins everything. Whatever you look at, it's the same mass delusion. Zoomers are to dumb to make up their own opinions and just keep repeating the one bullshit they read on the internet. Ignorance took over the entire planet.
Fuck you NPCs, shove your GoT and Netflix up your asses and remove yourselves from this world!

Attached: 15600136652426251084382430494691.png (594x582, 41K)

Thanks user. What was from with Fiio?

Name a better place where to get impressions about headphones and related devices. They have a good signal-to-noise ratio in their discussions, experienced userbase, and aren’t afraid of saying that a device is bad when it actually is bad.

Nobody even says that here though

Based Reddit objectivists are finally killing off this ”hobby” by showing how 95% of stuff people are talking about is superfluous bullshit.

HD6XX with a laptop or mobile device, that’s the future and final destination for headphone listening.

I'm never going to buy crapple beats

Conform to Harman curve or fuck off, retard. Also, don’t you know that cheap headphones equalized to Harman curve sound better than Stax 009 or Utopia?