Windows 8.1

Say something nice about it

Attached: C065E783-12B3-4F21-A569-AA386FDC9076.png (940x940, 110K)

At least it’s not 10.

Dot zero is better.

81 reversed is 18 :D

At least it's not lincucks

It fixed a lot of my issues with 8.0

It’s more polished and consistent than W10, I actually prefer it

If 8.1 had WSL I'd consider staying on it

It is pretty lightweight

better than 7

It has served me well

Attached: winver_2019-07-28_23-29-40.png (591x509, 17K)

I have XP nostalgia too but 8.1 was the best modern OS I think I've seen. Probably as good as 7, if not better.

It actusly worked MUCH better and faster than Winshows 10. Less HDD usage and better resonse time. Liked the windows layout and start menu. Easy to use and easy to master.

The modern Windows operating systems I Like are:

>Windows 7 (was like Vista but less crap)
>Windows 8.1 (Fixed issues with Windows 8)

I used to use Windows 10 up until Build 1709 then switched to Linux (ElementaryOS) because I didn't like the direction the operating system was going. But all I can say is that the best Windows operating system by far was XP (It was the operating system I had been using (2003/2004-2011))!

It's fast and stable

Still has over 3 years of life left

Once discontinued I'm moving to linux.

7 > xp > 10 > 8.1 > vista

Simple like 7 but actually looked good and enjoyable to use.

8.1 is better than 10 and 7 if you give it startisback or a similar start menu replacement.

me too

you mean openshell

10 > 8.1 > 7 >8.0 > XP > Vista

It's what convinced me to make the dive into Linux.

nah, sib feels more native that openshell

Not sure about that 8.0 over XP thing. 8.0 is unusable out of the box.

It werks.
And 8 is a lucky number. 1 means the most.
So you have most luck when using 8.1

Actually uses less RAM than 7. 8.1 is basically a more efficient 7.
The start menu isn't really bad, it's just that people aren't used to it, and I actually prefer the tile start system now because you're immediately shown the programs that you prefer, and not subfolders upon subfolders.

Reverse 7 and XP and this is correct

8.1 Enterprise was great. Wish I never upgraded.

It's called an operating system by a lot of people.

Less telemetry than 10.

Had native .iso mounting, USB 3.0 and used less RAM than 7, great for laptops unironically.

Windows 8 and 8.1 revamped the start menu to be something way more functional and easier to use. People like to bash on it for looking like touchscreen Fisher Price UI, but even with a mouse those big buttons are way easier to quickly navigate and click on, especially when compared with the "small menu inside a small menu inside a small menu" bullshit they've used since the days of win95. All you had to do was populate and group the start menu with your most used applications and life suddenly became so much easier.

Of course windows 10 greatly improved upon it by combining the best of both worlds into one. Now if only they would make the search bar actually useful...

Attached: bring-classic-start-menu-back-windows-8.w1456.jpg (1456x819, 154K)

7 > XP > W10 LTSB/C > W8.1 > W VISTA > W10 PRO

I actually didn't hate the metro design or the start menu. I put server version on my desktop that I got for free from college and it was stable as fuck.

good luck running it on any new hardware though

7>8.1>2000 Professional>98>10>XP>Vista>3.1>10

oh fuck off

Who in the world even used it? I thought pretty much anyone who used Windows past 7 just used classic start menu, and most of the time it's just faster to use the search function in there to get your app or whatever than Cortana/in-built Win 10 search/Metro UI

Don't get me wrong, i love the look, but it's just not functional

I don't see how it was an upgrade over the regular start meny. Sideways scrolling and shit didn't make a lot of sense.

IMO the real upgrade should have been to make the desktop scrollable while also adding better features for icon management.

Rest in peace

2000>rest

It's literally the best modern Windows.

Attached: 452.png (674x221, 8K)

BASED AND REDPILLED 1488 HEIL HITLER GAS THE KIKES RACE WAR NOW AMIRITE FELLOW POLDDITOR DESU NE XD?

7 > xp > 8.1 > ltsc (after spending a week tweaking and debloating) > vista > 10

actually I guess I'd switch 8.1 and ltsc and add another tier about 7 being tweaked and debloated win7 which is the best OS ever

It was better than 10.

Yeah doesn't really make any sense to put 8.1 above ltsc, since it's more similar to win7 than any version of 8 is.

>the best Windows operating system by far was XP (It was the operating system I had been using (2003/2004-2011))!
Nice, I used it from 2003 - 2014 on my main desktop. I still use it on a couple of older gaming machines for compatibility.

It literally isn't

one of my biggest gripes was that once you completed the tutorial on how to use metro, it didn't seem to be available to access it anytime. (like gestures and stuff)

it basically forced you to use keyboard shortcut (and actually be a slightly more productive human being)
i worked better with highdpi displays, because list of "start" elements used larger icons
it was a bit faster than start menu in win7 (assuming you actually had any discrete graphics card. cough...cough...cheap laptops)
window decorations weren't as flat as in win10 nor did it have candy-like/tacky skeumorphic as in win7
had motherfucking ability to checkbox items in explorer or "go up"

it was a little better than windows 8

It was actually pretty good on a phone.

Yes, they ditched it too quickly in favor of Win10 and the phone market pretty much died when that happened.

yeah, imo they should have stuck with it and focused more on web apps and being this cheapo feature phone replacement

Ironically the same people who shit on it loved tiling WM.

it's good with startisback since the start menu is worse than 10, it's a shame the retards at AMD dropped driver support for it otherwise i'd be using it

Attached: 1544745064752.jpg (591x734, 48K)

It was better than 8

It only seems that way after 7. I worked for MS at the time of the 8 release and had to use XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and it was really tough going back to XP.

Yes, once you're used to 7 for a while, it is hard to go back to XP.