Without using memes (lesbian, tranny, CoC systemd (unless it's a real concern)), explain why it's bad

Without using memes (lesbian, tranny, CoC systemd (unless it's a real concern)), explain why it's bad

Attached: debian-10-buster.jpg (800x450, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

packages.debian.org/buster/gcc-8
mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/gcc-4.8.5-36.el7.x86_64.rpm
devuanhosting.com/en-us/cms/
ungleich.ch/en-us/cms/blog/2017/12/10/the-importance-of-devuan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never used Debian 10 but with 9 I had a lot of problems with systemd. Long as shit shut downs was the main issue. Also their weird downstream packages piss me off.

not bad, but i like configuring my OS using scheme

I downloaded the version with the proprietary drivers, it detected my WiFi dongle while I was installing it and downloaded some updates, then refused to recognize the dongle once the installation was over. I wasted 2 weekends trying to get it to work, eventually said screw it and installed Kubuntu and never looked back.

Attached: 1564015170742.jpg (640x490, 46K)

Unstable and unsafe.

There's nothing bad about it, besides not being the best distro for your particular use case.

the creator of this distro said the nigger word

Debian stable is too old for server use
Debian Sid isnt bleeding edge and still unstable
Debian testing is even older and unstabler

it's the most comfy distro

>Debian stable is too old for server use
why?

The only problem I've had is with my laptop hanging and not turning off after shutdown.

>Debian stable is too old for server use
fucking lel, ever used CentOS?

WHAT, YOU WANT TO USE %iMPORTANTDRIVERYOUNEED OR %uPDATEDSOFTWAREYOUDESPERATELYNEEDBUTITSNOTINOURREPOS ? COME HERE BOYS WE GOT SOME PROPRIETARY KEK TO SLAP!1!1!

Attached: linusgay.jpg (640x1373, 47K)

> (lesbian, tranny, CoC systemd (unless it's a real concern)), explain why it's bad
arent those all positives though?

Attached: 1562002325669.png (165x254, 40K)

poor guy, not only did the glow in the darks kill him but now a bunch of attention-seeking idiots are pissing on his creation and smearing it with shit.

well if u can't even configure debian ubuntu is your distro for sure
lol

Attached: 1CD739FBB4BD4328B0BE41E37AC982C5.png (800x472, 603K)

the forearm with the two elbows gives the shoop away, but still, the scenario seems plausible
I hate that faggot so much I installed a trannyfox extension that allows you to blacklist Youtube channels but he still shows up on random channels. He's always in the search results whenever I look up anything remotely connected to technology. God damn it.

Attached: hand.jpg (750x671, 165K)

I guess so

feels kinda old and hacky to support everything and everyone. still feels like 90s linux.

Cent OS has massive backports though. You can always get the one or two new packages you actually need without making a Frankendebian.

Attached: 1545013128130.png (267x188, 5K)

>heh if it works it's bad

Attached: smirk.jpg (300x300, 21K)

Huh? It's my main distro right now.
Based Debian Buster is Bust-a-nut awesome.

i use it on all my computers. im very happy with it! :)

Attached: it_is_i.png (733x712, 534K)

is like a monster trying to be ubuntu and fedora at the same time.
Why are they using apparmor?
SELinux is maintaines by a lot if people.
AppArmor is a canonical shit

I have never understood, why glow niggers remove him? He was literally harmless and left the project.

still more up to date than debian, newer gcc versions lol get fucked retard

>SELinux
deprecated

>le epic one word buzzword reply

debian in general is a big clusterfuck and not exclusively linux either, they got like BSD and Solaris in there as well into a patchwork of badly stitched together hacks.

Aggressively split packages can leave you in dependency hell really quick, stable leaves patches and security fixes out to dry for months before being seen, on top of how old the packages are, even after a fresh release. Sid will fuck you over and because of how awful apt is compared to dnf or zypper, it can leave you without a system until you roll back. Testing is only ok. Maintainers are leaving from the speed at which it moves.

Attached: 1558930176924.jpg (500x375, 58K)

that it's modular isn't a bad thing, though i don't know how useful kfreebsd or lolhurd is especially with more systemd always creeping in, but some distro besides gentoo needs to support those architectures

It's not bad at all. I've been running stretch for over a year now. Install was clean and simple. Very stable, no crashes, software runs flawlessly, all hardware detected running smoothly. I don't understand why people rag on it so much. There are some negatives, but everything has some as nothing is perfect.

>actually believing this
packages.debian.org/buster/gcc-8
mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/gcc-4.8.5-36.el7.x86_64.rpm
have any other lies you need me to bust, summerfag?

Debian is the betrayer distro. If they had rejected systemd then it would have remained RHEL proprietary crap. Now its everywhere.

They would have been bullied into using Upstart by Canonical in that case then.

there were other options, unfortunately debian has never seemed to have much programming ability mostly just package maintenance. stuff like initng needed work to be mainline

It's not, it's actually great. The problem is the out of date packages, it's not ideal running up to date hardware or software on it. Their Testing and Sid implementations are pretty shit desu.

That's my preferred distro. I ignore the political stuff because my only other choice was OpenBSD and it didn't do all the things I needed.

slow as shit

Debian stable is a great distro for servers and testing is great for desktop use, although I wouldn't necessarily recommend it nowadays.
Yes, the packages on stabe are old as fuck, that is the whole idea. Usually I add another repository just for the packages I need up-to-date on stable and it suits me perfectly.
For desktop testing is more than up-do-date enough for me, the extremely few things I absolutely need to be bleeding edge I can also find packaged in other places.

That being said, for desktop use Fedora is looking really good. I'm not installing it solely because of how used I'm to Debian, but if I were to start over Fedora would probably be my choice.

Opensuse is also looking really good. You also have the likes of Gentoo, Arch, etc, but that is more if you are looking for something super customized or absolutely bleeding edge, which is absolutely not worth the time for me right now.

Whats the problem with testing?
Been using it for some 5 years now and I feel it is fantastic.
Only 'issue' is that packages are a 1-2 months behind upstream, which for the vast majority of software means it is at most one release behind upstream.
This is more than enough for the, the extremely few software I absolutely need the latest version I can easily find packaged elsewhere or compile it myself (and that is like 3 pieces of software at most).

Other that that, it has always been extremely stable, sane defaults, easy to configure, available for every device I need and a kind of "common ground" between linux distros given how many are derived from Debian.

Well we have had vastly different experiences then. I can't remember the amount of times I booted into a black screen after an upgrade. This happened with both Nvidia and AMD cards. I've been on Ubuntu for almost a year now and have never had this happen.

Debian users are the cancer of the linux community. Always shitposters. It's nothing but Reddit tier incels and dilators.
They refuse to update buggy packages because of "stability".
If you have newer hardware, you have to jump through hoops to get it to work properly, and that can be up to 5 years old depending on the stable release.
The installer is an unclear mess. You won't know your wifi driver is missing until you get to that part of the wizard. You won't know that it went ahead and installed GNOME on your server install until it's over.
It has a legendary level of shittyness highlighted by the fact Ubuntu exists to fix it.

I just have no respect for anyone that uses it. I don't understand how any competent user could look at a clusterfuck like Debian and say "yeah that sounds great". I wouldn't hire a Debian user, I wouldn't shake their hand (God knows it was on a tranny hole or a child), and they should be put down.

I don't think it's bad. Used stretch for two years never had a problem, but when updated to buster everything fucking breaks: suspend goes to shutdown, takes fucking two minutes to boot properly, doesn't shutdown clearly. Guess I'll wait for few releases before completely migrating to buster.

Not as "stable" as they claim.
Autism for the sake of autism.
Slow as fuck
The worst package manager by far, too

>cancer
>shitposters
>reddit
>incels
>dialtors
user, OP said no memes. You failed tragically on the first line. also:
>You won't know that it went ahead and installed GNOME on your server install until it's over.
I don't think they can make it any more obvious than a huge checked box that literally reads "Graphical Desktop Environment." This whole post is just fucking seething, did a Debian user steal your boyfriend?

systemd, mediocre initial configs, even testings are very out of date, no package conflict resolution short of implosion, anti-support for anything 3rd party better off with no package management like slackware if you need that (all desktops)

none of that is really true
the only place where it really matters is scripting language execution time and web server, which is why centOS is old as fuck in everything since they don't matter at all.
you can compile nginx in seconds and get a newer version of php with a repo in seconds.

>the only place where it really matters is scripting language execution time and web server
lol what
I don't care about either of those things and I fucking hate Debian.

Also my take on Debian.

Lets remove all the support from Ubuntu and roll back every package 6mo to 1year.

then you aren't running a server, so who gives a fuck about you?

>with a repo
ohhhh no, no. never. debian doesnt support ppas.

>you aren't running a server
Because if you are, you need to care about scripting language runtime speed and webserver resource management right?

Dumbfuck lol.

>xdd I said summerfag
are you literally retarded?
It has gcc 8 on the default repositories, I'm not here to spoonfeed your mental deficiencies, you need to install it

works for me

>gcc 8

Gentoo wins.

Attached: wew.png (1408x710, 30K)

okay retard

>wins
as expected of the retarded tripfaggot
is not about winning or losing, is about being able to build software from this decade, retard.
Debian came out this month, CentOS has always been able to run modern software.
Gentoo is not an LTS platform.

>Gentoo is not an LTS platform
Wrong.
Gentoo supports more LTS software than any other distribution period.

>moron tripfag hates Debian
Debian must be great

systemd is a real concern
fuck off

Why guess try it yourself, unless you actually agree with me and are just projecting.

I didn't know Ian but I don't think it's likely he was murdered. He went through a divorce and was getting harassed by shitty cops. I've gone through literally the same thing and wanted to put a bullet in my head, only difference is probably that I'm younger and still hopeful.

In all honesty, I'd pick debian if I needed older devs to be able to configure the server. Everyone with linux experience is fine with debian. Setup a coreos, nixos, or other newer server and be ready to either do all management yourself or have complaints from people that get "bash: apt-get: command not found"

>harassed by shitty cops
He was a public nuisance, he would get black out drunk strip naked and run the streets assaulting people.

sounds normal

When people black out they go into lizard mode.
Normal is trying to find a bathroom or peeing on random shit while you try to find food.

He was a deviant prick and it came out in spades, that's why his wife left and its why he killed himself.

The people running ungleich.ch offer Devuan hosting:

devuanhosting.com/en-us/cms/

"The importance of Devuan":

ungleich.ch/en-us/cms/blog/2017/12/10/the-importance-of-devuan/

"We tried to build Data Center Light on Debian and Ubuntu, but servers that don't boot, that don't reboot or systemd-resolved that constantly interferes with our core network configuration made it too expensive to run Debian or Ubuntu."

It's not

I use Debian, but systemd is of concern. By being everything and now required by many things, if systemd breaks or becomes realistically unsafe, other things break as well.

The philosophy of do one thing and do it well worked for a reason...

>The philosophy of do one thing and do it well worked for a reason...
systemd does do things well
Far better than any hacky sysv trash before it, far faster as well. It honestly makes me sick that brainless sheep like you can't see past your own ignorant bias to realize that systemd is far superior in every single measurable way.

[Citation needed]

Oh look, a retarded tripfaggot being retarded again. I could literally invert everything you say and be right nearly all the time.

this, it was literally one of the dumbest decisions on the last release, maybe because is easier to use but still dumb. Anyways, normalfags don't care about this so w/e.

Old packages.

Okay thank you Luke.

old packages and incoherent, overly complicated setup

This is 100% FUD, nothing to see here, move along.

It's the best Linux distro still up to this day. It's only "bad" to zoomers that think they cannot do to Debian what they do in Arch(rice). Oh yes, it's "boring" because nothing breaks when you update or upgrade, unlike Ubongo and company.

I use a VPN for torrenting. I could not for the life of me resolve an openvpn DNS leak issue on ubuntu and its multiple flavors. I install debian dis some customising for 20 minutes installed openvpn and had literally no DNS leaks. its been stable and issue free since.