- Origins of the hacker community
lospadres.info/thorg/lbb.html
- Security Engineering
cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/book.html

Challenges:
- Matasano crypto challenges
cryptopals.com/
- Thread challenge (difficulty = 2/10):
compile a C program that prints "hello world" 10 times.
edit the binary with bvi and make it instead print "hello" 5 times without crashing.
post a screenshot of your results.

Attached: cyb_sec_reloaded.gif (938x1032, 1.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html
pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ
pastebin.com/AJYry5NH
pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx
pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg
activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html
phrack.org/issues/7/3.html
archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt
youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk
pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0
pastebin.com/v8Mr2k95
endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html
textfiles.com/index.html
mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
pastebin.com/WQhRYB59
grugq.github.io/
pastebin.com/aPr5R1pj
ssd.eff.org/en
beginners.re/
challenges.re)
practicalmalwareanalysis.com/labs/
threatpost.com/rare-steganography-hack-can-compromise-fully-patched-websites/146701/
n-o-d-e.net/
icigostyle.com/cy8er
youtu.be/8ZtbB4D1mDQ
omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/07/purism-librem-5-specs-confirmed
twitter.com/CopperheadOS/status/916680005832400896
forums.puri.sm/t/what-operating-system-will-the-librem-phone-use/571?page=2
github.com/GrapheneOS
insinuator.net/2019/07/libreoffice-a-python-interpreter-code-execution-vulnerability-cve-2019-9848
washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/24/nsa-creates-cybersecurity-directorate-to-unify-off/
tracerneo.eu.org/cyb/
web.archive.org/web/20170316064240/http://jinteki.industries/
nmap.org/
electronicsweekly.com/news/research-news/need-print-metal-tracks-jelly-2019-07/
nmap.org/nmap_inthenews.html
web.archive.org/web/20180915030605/http://www.cypunk.com/index.php
engadget.com/2019/07/30/scientists-create-contact-lenses-that-zoom-on-command
nextbigfuture.com/2019/07/china-claims-metamaterial-breakthroughs-for-stealth-fighters.html
github.com/fireeye/commando-vm
fritzfreiheit.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_(genre)
youtube.com/watch?v=mj2iSdBw4-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boilerplate:
THE CYPHERPUNK MANIFESTO: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html ]
- - - - - -
/cyb/erpunk [24 JUL 2019]
The Cyberpunk Manifesto: [ project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html ]
The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.26) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview26.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]
Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]
The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]
- - - - - -
/sec/urity [24 JUL 2019]
The Crypto Anarchist Manifesto: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html ]
The Hacker Manifesto: [ phrack.org/issues/7/3.html ]
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: [ archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt ]
The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.11) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview11.htm ]
Why Privacy Matters: [ youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]
Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/v8Mr2k95 ]
Endware: [ endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html ]
BBS archives: [ textfiles.com/index.html ]
Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
Learning/News/CTFs: [ pastebin.com/WQhRYB59 ]
FTP Backup: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub
thegrugq OPSEC: [ grugq.github.io/ ]
#! sec guide [ pastebin.com/aPr5R1pj ]
EFF anti-surveillance [ ssd.eff.org/en ]

use this pic for future OPs

Attached: cyb_sec_reloaded_small_2.gif (400x440, 683K)

For a free introduction to reverse engineering, you can check out Yurichev's work beginners.re/
It's very dense and the challenges (challenges.re) are rather dry.

A very fun read to a tangential topic of malware analysis is Practical Malware Analysis. Labs of malicious binaries are provided for you to work on in a secure VM practicalmalwareanalysis.com/labs/

Attached: Cyberpunk.jpg (600x750, 121K)

threatpost.com/rare-steganography-hack-can-compromise-fully-patched-websites/146701/

php in exif headers which runs full webshell?

reminder ethical hacking is for faggots and women

I uploaded a book I wrote a few months back to the FTP. Hope someone finds it useful. Sort by upload date, you’ll find it.

Hey fellow anons, you bois wanna hack NASA?

Attached: ohno.png (810x810, 1.01M)

Yea, I saw it.
I also saw the exploit you tried to use inside of it, skid.

K.

If you guys wanna hack NASA the fist think you'll need to do is open up your terminals and update your systems

Attached: ohno2.png (810x810, 463K)

Once your computer is done updating you'll want to update your Nvidia drivers

Attached: ohno3.png (810x810, 306K)

Next you'll want to install Rayman 2, this should be obvious for all veteran hackers.

Attached: ohno4.png (810x810, 377K)

Once you're done hacking make sure you log out of your mom's chrome book and put it back where you found it.

Attached: ohno5.png (810x810, 594K)

I heard the VLC issue was taken by Wikipedia.

>"cybersecurity"
>plain unencrypted FTP
>thegrugq
>EFF

>no cybercrime-tracker.com
>no exploit-db
>no PoC || GTFO

jesus somebody ban this faggot

No

Bumping with a question this time:

What was that link some user posted about cyber news? The url was something along cyber.eyes or something but I can't find it.
Thank you guys.

That does not immediately ring a bell. Perhaps the FAQ has it?

Here we go again.
>"cybersecurity"
Sure. Please enjoy.
>plain unencrypted FTP
As usual, if you have an alternative service you are welcome to volunteer it. Meanwhile that FTP site does not hold dodgy contents, hardly a warez site.
>>thegrugq
>EFF
So?
>>no cybercrime-tracker.com
>>no exploit-db
>>no PoC || GTFO
Not everything fits into the OP message. Some we can add to the FAQs.

Attached: cyberfunk_haka__by_hybridgothica_d82kzzn-fullview.jpg (900x590, 127K)

Anyone want to share some neat tricks for C&C infrastructure?
Currently working on automated spin up of nodes with a few countermeasures in place like port knocking and geo-filtering for operational security.

I posted in the last thread before i went to bed and it died.
Has anyone tried the Python3 version of pwntools? Is it stable enough to be used, or am i gonna have to keep using python2 for it.

Attached: 1482884211606-2.jpg (1787x1281, 186K)

I've tried to search through the archive everything with http/s, news or eyes and I can't find it.
I remember the post being something like:
>Not linking any good news source
>[url]
It was almost a plain html website with a lot of news links to be followed.

How about
n-o-d-e.net/

A Jow Forumsfag was shilling OSCP a while ago as a way for neets to make money. If I were to study hard and load up on certs is this a realistic career path or was user working for OSCP? I have no degree but have been meddling in linux for years

Attached: 1562463359462.jpg (640x533, 58K)

Shoo shoo cia man

Seconding this. I installed Kali and I’m reading Kali Linux Revealed as an enthusiast, but if I get certified can I make some actual money?

The state of cyber in Japan: icigostyle.com/cy8er
Cyberpumpkins?

Probably more cyberriffically Japanese: youtu.be/8ZtbB4D1mDQ

Attached: FEMMInterview-1200x675.png (1200x675, 1.09M)

I want to start doing som ctfs and im wondering what your opinion on hackthebox is?

=== /sec/ News:
>Purism Confirms Final Specs for the Librem 5
omgubuntu.co.uk/2019/07/purism-librem-5-specs-confirmed
>The Librem 5 is powered by an i.MX8 chipset. This pairs four ARM Cortex A53 cores with an auxiliary ARM Cortex M4 core. Additionally, this chip features an integrated GPU with support for OpenGL 3.0, Vulkan and Open CL 1.2.
How do we know there are not hidden backdoors in there?
>The device is notable for including hardware kill switches for the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, cellular baseband, and camera and microphone.
Good thinking.
>When all three kill switches are turned on the phone’s ambient light and proximity sensors, and its IMU (compass, gyro, accelerometer) are also disabled.
This is getting better. Battery time will probably also benefit.

it's ok but I'd start with some theory..
go to vulnhub, download a beginner box and follow a walkthrough... as you start to feel more comfortable try not to look at the walkthrough anymore, but don't feel bad if you do since this is a huge topic and learning enough to do things without help takes a massive amount of time and dedication... keep at it!

But is the Librem infosec approved?

Attached: 15022890635001.jpg (326x236, 48K)

What do you guys concerned with privacy name your desktop user accounts and usernames in lieu of your real name and whatever you would otherwise use for a username?

Attached: 5B813CF1-8552-4DF4-B3E9-5D8FAF3271E4.gif (440x440, 2.37M)

for as much as id like to use cryptic logins you gotta think on them workflow, so they get names related to their function

maybe someone can point a better solution like using real names just so you can uniquely identify a pc/node without giving any idea its not a real person account

Linking to some cool posts o off-the-grid computing

Attached: efcd19913a11ee63b89f1748e860338990dbd973fa61427b53de3d12eb1b1b95_1.jpg (1036x1620, 278K)

many sbcs live on 15w power supplies, wich isnt difficult to do with batteries

heck, its why IoT might be such a menance, you cant be certain there isnt something listening because a arduino doing that is on power saving mode and can last a long time on a 2 AA battery set

how does one go about transitioning to security? Do I just make my own encrpytors?

looking for good premiere pro torrent for weeks

Attached: mpv-shot0001.jpg (1792x1080, 247K)

master linux
read on pfsense
then you should look for certificates

With new models like the Odroid N2 working 3440p resolution maybe is not the most power saving out there but is more than enough to replace a desktop.

usually just user / admin or if im feeling spicy whack some chars into a string hashing algo

tbqh 4k streaming might not even be needed
4k videos as QoL stuff is interesting but at that point id rather game at 1080p60

wich many of these sbc can do. i remember a channel called ETAprime i think that displayed a SBC that could connect to a GPU and actually provide 1080p75 gaming on many current titles

a sbc that can take a gpu can also work as a AI learning platform so maybe theres some future on it

I saw a video of the C2 running Tekken on a PS2 emulator. Now that you mention GPUs it would be extremely cool if an external GPU can be plugged to the SBC whenever needed. I can totally see running that extra power for running a password cracker and other intensive jobs.

It might be but then again the alphabet soup agencies are probably not happy about this phone being made available to the general public.

Sectra, for instance, makes approved phones but do not appear to sell these over the counter.

anyone got oscp writeups?

>twitter.com/CopperheadOS/status/916680005832400896
>forums.puri.sm/t/what-operating-system-will-the-librem-phone-use/571?page=2

i like the sound of the phone, but if these limitations aren't addressed then i have concerns.

github.com/GrapheneOS

i also like this project and think it will go well with the librem.

THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH thegrugq? HE WAS SPLOITING SOLARIS WHEN YOU WERE A JIZZ STAIN INSIDE YOUR MOTHER.

insinuator.net/2019/07/libreoffice-a-python-interpreter-code-execution-vulnerability-cve-2019-9848 welcome to 2019 bros

yes, you can make decent money as a penetration tester. not as much as a security engineer

How do I get a good fake passport?

I just think it would be cool to have

Attached: lich.png (199x337, 66K)

is cyber security a meme career?

how are you gonna present yourself?
a curriculum? cookie cutters are broken by what they werent taught, how can you sell yourself
self taught? how can we know you are good? a actual test? cant bother to do that to dozen of applicants
appointed by someone? why bother trainning, just set pfsense and call people when they log in at unusual hours

Attached: 1536615494882.png (275x417, 85K)

Yes. No one really needs cybsec for any reason.

Close to this but wasn't this one. It had the logo on top and a left sidebar menu iirc.

Can you remember anything about colour used?

I think sidebar was purple/green and background grayish?

if i get hit with a misdemeanor computer misuse will that kill my chances of getting a legitimate cybersecurity job?

=== /sec/ News:
>NSA creates cybersecurity directorate to unify offensive, defensive operations
washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jul/24/nsa-creates-cybersecurity-directorate-to-unify-off/
>“NSA’s Cybersecurity Directorate is a major organization that unifies NSA’s foreign intelligence and cyber defense missions and is charged with preventing and eradicating threats to National Security Systems and the Defense Industrial Base,” the agency said in a statement announcing its creation.

>“This new approach to cybersecurity will better position NSA to collaborate with key partners across the U.S. government like U.S. Cyber Command, the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. It will also enable us to better share information with our customers so they are equipped to defend against malicious cyber activity,” the statement said.

This is unexpected, it seems to connection foreign and national intelligence operations, something one has wanted to avoid earlier.

They if they want to remove cybersecurity threats they should off themselves.

Ok; how about this one?
tracerneo.eu.org/cyb/

Really close but not. It has no sidebar menu, and it is not just a bunch of hyperlinks (if I didn't say it before I apologize on advance)

OK, not giving up yet. Along the purple lines, how about this?
web.archive.org/web/20170316064240/http://jinteki.industries/

I feel like you're really close but not that. Purple and green was only sidebar at the left side. Green and gray was the rest of the page and the logo. Links wasn't decorated I think. They were sources to news sites directly, no articles or anything. Logo was an eye?

>Logo was an eye?
That rings a bell! It will take me a little time to locate it though.

A guy at my work fucked a system, panicked and tampered with logs to try to hide his tracks, and got fired. He was shortly after hired by Cisco

nmap.org/

=== /cyb/ News:
With all the excitement generated by NeuraLink, it might be worth looking at alternatives:
>Need to print metal tracks on jelly?
electronicsweekly.com/news/research-news/need-print-metal-tracks-jelly-2019-07/
>The use of gelatin jelly was as a proof-of-concept, to show that conductive tracks could be screen-printed onto soft biological tissues, such as a brain.

This does not look like it penetrates the brain but that can itself be rather attractive.

>nmap.org/
Holy shit you got me for a second. But I know it is not nmap webpage because it had news sources from everywhere, not just nmap related like nmap.org/nmap_inthenews.html
But for a second, user, you made me believe.

It will definitely be a problem in getting security clearance. Industry might be more forgiving, unless there is a HR department trying to justify its existence, in which case your application will be used to demonstrate how HR saved the company from imminent collapse.

CyPunk is gone, anyone knows why? It is n Archive:
web.archive.org/web/20180915030605/http://www.cypunk.com/index.php

I vaguely remember a page with an eye centered at the top in a striped pyramid and then a few columns with link. I think it had a lot of archives and a weird URL name. I am searching but struggle to find it.

Let's have some art...

Attached: jacked_in_by_vaporization_d82irxq.jpg (1320x2048, 406K)

reddit

It was a single column with a lot of links or few columns? My memory is shit but I would say it was only one. Anyway, I think we're talking about the same. thank you again user.

i think our resident sec news poster(s) had these implanted. cant wait to get mine.
engadget.com/2019/07/30/scientists-create-contact-lenses-that-zoom-on-command

>see hottie at supermarket
>have zoom enabled contacts
>profit ¿?

Attached: 89d0c709-018d-41c0-8ae1-9f83e2abc338..png (765x935, 332K)

What is /cyb/'s opinion on Tails or Kali Linux?
Is Tails effective, and is Kali Linux anything more than a toolbox for people who don't know which tools to use?

nextbigfuture.com/2019/07/china-claims-metamaterial-breakthroughs-for-stealth-fighters.html

how much for a body suit

Kali is good cover as anyone can use it so it doesn't give away TTPs. Same with Tails, but Tails also forces Tor usage on a live DVD which is great for lazy people.

That breakthrough must mean breaking through the firewalls around Lockheed-Martin's servers - again. The rest is propaganda, it is not credible to have one structure that is capable of the huge bandwidth indicated, 0.3 to 40 GHz. Since 300 MHz has a 1 m wavelength and 40 GHz has a wavelength of less than 1 cm, a *microscopic* pattern will probably not cut the mustard. It is interesting, though, that the Chinese considers UHF radars which as used by Russia but not the US.

We are still some time away from the cyber suits of GitS.

Attached: major_motoko_kusanagi_cosplay_by_elenasamko_db5zdu6-fullview.jpg (900x1358, 162K)

Best security cameras that aren't botnet?

I think you have to make it yourself. Get a Pi NoIR and a Raspberry Pi and the right software. You can get motion detection and image recognition.

I have a Dlink webcam but the latest software upgrade demands to know exactly where I am located and a few other bits I see no need to share with Dlink and whoever they leak to.

i just want to fly in a custom drone or jet pack where no radar can detect me

Actually a very good book though. (Beginnersre)

every time this is a scam

What did user mean by this?

github.com/fireeye/commando-vm

PENTEST FROM WINDOWS INSTEAD OF KALI

Street. Cred.

titty circuits

>Logo was an eye?
Perhaps fritzfreiheit.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_(genre)

[ Blocks your sexual assault ]

Attached: freakshow.jpg (900x1200, 169K)

therre are too few fuckable cybergirls and neckbears keep sperging out on them. jake appelbaum was going around begging the 2 cybergirls for threesomes. the EFF girl is also cute

>the EFF girl
Who?

This is a man, man.
Although the sexaul assault report talks about a clit and vag.

there's a lot of good content but it's so badly paced. I feel there needs to be a guide on a way to go through it other than linearly

pentest from kali, only use windows for analyzing windows binaries

youtube.com/watch?v=mj2iSdBw4-0

wow, what the fuck happened to the OP post

you fucked it up