Oh no no no no

> (((binned))) 3800X
> $610
> 4.3 all cores OC
I mean... just get a 9900KF for $470 and you're guaranteed 4.7GHz all cores (stock).

Attached: AMD Ryzen 3800X.png (1942x1166, 468K)

Yeah but you wont be able to use PCIe4 SSD. kek. PCIe on Intel is also limited to 16 lanes where as on AMD its 24, thus providing much higher io capabilities.

fair point, but $610 for 4.3GHz is still too expensive, you should just get a 3900X at that point, also the 9900KF outperforms zen2 on most games.

>Spending 1/3rd of the price on some (((silicon lottery site))).
this kikery is getting tiresome.

You're not forced to buy from silicon lottery dumb ass. The site is for rich ass fucks with money to burn for no other reason than prestige.

>clock per clock Intel Core series destroys Bulldozer arch
>amd fags mocked on a daily basis usually crying out "b-but t-this o-one goes to 5.0 GHz!!"
>coin has flipped
>intelfags mocked on a daily basis usually crying out "b-but t-this o-one g-goes to 5.0 niggahurtz you stupod fucking goyim!!"

Attached: hmmmmm.gif (600x600, 899K)

If you want to have a stable OC, silicon lottery is pretty useful
> pic related
This 9900KF outperforms the binned 3800X on almost everything because of the frequency, and it's cheaper.
AMD cope.

Attached: wew.png (1954x1140, 614K)

>trust me you stupid goy

Attached: werf.gif (452x523, 3K)

>silicon lottery
even if you are a dumbass that wants to get a wr, purchasing a magic chip instead of working with what random shit you get from a store is gay as fuck. easy-mode fags should be killed on sight!

great arguments!

>great arguments!
>arguing against baseless claims from a shilling sheeny
what does that overpriced piece of shit outperform the 3800X on? Skyrim at 720p? show some fucking benchmarks then

confirmed, Intel fags are poor.

clock speed is irrelevant when nothing else is taken into account.

AMD 4.3 ghz > Intel 5 ghz

I wonder if it's same brazilian who makes all these shitty threads.

$449 for 4.8ghz you mean

Tbh the way I'd use this service is to get ones at sub MSRP since I don't really overclock any more. I used to back in the i7-930 days and the like, but I can't be bothered these days. So I'll just get one that lost the silicon lottery for $30 cheaper and use that, since I'll never overclock it.

Except this time Intel is winning due to its superior latency, a concept that redditors like you wouldn't understand.

Not him but latency differences aren't causing any bottlenecks, and at most causing miniscule changes in some benchmarks

[citation required]

As far as I'm concerned, those times when AMD wins in single threaded is due to the huge cache difference.

I play at 1440p. Give me a couple reasons to choose Intel over AMD

>comparing frequency on 8 cores to 12
>>/v/

> 3800X
> 12 cores
pick one.

shit, my apologies
yeah silicon lotto is cashing in on hype O suppose, although Zen 2 IPC is better iirc

It's really quite odd how anyone could actually buy a Zen2 from silicone lottery. They are already maxed out of the box. Overclocking is pointless.

>although Zen 2 IPC is better iirc
nah, that's debatable. That huge zen cache is responsible for that effect on some workloads.

Ryzen has better IPC now. It wins with lower clocks.

In productivity and benchmarks, zen 2 generally has higher ipc but if we are talking about gaming, zen 2 is actually still behind in ipc compared to skylake.

>In productivity and benchmarks
Intel still has higher single core scores on most benchmarks, and on single-threaded productivity tasks like Photoshop Intel still leads as well.

Not him, but Intel now only wins in Photoshop and gaming at 1080p, even still, using Intel requires too many sacrifices. There's no point now their lineup has been invalidated.

I agree user, but AMD still can't really compete in single core performance, specially at 5GHz.

Ryzen is best overall, specially in multi-core.

My only complaint with my 3700X is that it sits at idle at 1.48, regardless of power plan (stock settings), however when I run Prime95 it actually drops to 1.2 for the length of the benchmark.

sounds like your mobo is bad (no I'm not trying to be a fag)
if you're losing vcore under load that's because your mobo can't sustain the voltage, you could try messing with settings in bios to try and fix that but it really depends on your motherboard
Could also be your PSU not sustaining enough voltage as well

No offence taken. It's a Crosshair 8 Hero, so not cheap, but I think the issue is background tasks constantly polling the CPU so when doing nothing it just sits at 1.48, like, constantly.
Only when under an all core load does it go to something more reasonable.
I'll certainly try and sort it, and it is early days for bios and drivers, but it can't be the PSU, it's brand new and from Seasonic.

Attached: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero.jpg (696x861, 142K)

What's the PSU? S12II and M12II is bad, Focus/FocusPlus is decent and Prime/PrimeUltra/Platinum/X is incredibly great

Prime 750 Titanium

>put a 9900k in a x470 mobo
Hmm.

>Yeah but you wont be able to use PCIe4 SSD.
And the 3800x will be shit tier when good pcie 4.0 hardware is available, or skipped altogether for 5.0.

Damn I just want to build a system that isn't a complete pain in the ass. AMD/Intel have collectively killed my interest in overclocking, at this point I'd settle for a decent processor that performs well at stock settings and doesn't set my house on fire

>3900X surpassed 9900k in sales
Intelfags were the poorfags all along, huh

Yea but I like my cpu performance not be gimped by security patches.

Then it's probably your BIOS or CPU being autistic as shit. Set a MANUAL voltage

>just get a 9900KF for $470 and you're guaranteed 4.7GHz all cores
why are nvidia and intel fanboys always so sure of their statements yet always seem to know nothing about what theyre talking about?

play at 8K and even an athlon will suffice

4.4 ghz AMD cpu beating a 5ghz cpu

Attached: chrome_IbhSFQLV2j.png (1147x618, 136K)

Should i put my 3800x on ebay?

Siliconlottery is a scam, you intel shills who bought 5 ghz rated 6700k's, 7700k's, 8700k's, 9900k's sure cope hard now

Attached: vidlol.jpg (1586x966, 286K)

So? It's not a win because amd won?

gtfo ipclet

Attached: CB20-single.png (1357x1094, 44K)

>3800x
>610$
Pick one

>AVX offset

it's a known issue with Ryzen 3, doesn't have much to do with your mainboard or other hardware. AMD confirmed to be working on a fix, but noone knows when it's getting released