RS-28 Sarmat

The most powerful weapon in the world.
It has been said that is capable of "wipe" an entire country the size of France or Texas.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-28_Sarmat

>What kind of programmers live up to projects like this?.
>What architectures would they program?.
>In which language/s?.
>Will they use VCSs? like git or cvs?.
>What OS?.
>Would the systems that operate it remotely resemble something that one can recognize?
like SSH?.
>etc...
Discuss.

Attached: sarmat.jpg (1300x588, 409K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/classic/#
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UGM-133_Trident_II
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19737663
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ones with a background in control systems, flight systems, realtime systems, linear programming and mathematical optimization...
microcontrollers
proper cpus if a lot of performance is required (think of a falcon 9 which does intensive convex optimization while landing)
radiation-hardening if leaving the atmosphere
>In which language/s?.
currently a new project either picks c or sepples, generally.
>Will they use VCSs? like git or cvs?.
yes
>What OS?.
on the rocket? usually a realtime executive
>Would the systems that operate it remotely resemble something that one can recognize?
usually

/thread

Not really much to discuss, desu

The operating system is a proprietary one which communicates with existing Russian communication protocols. All of them written in Fortran77.

>russians
>fortran
serious doubt

Fortran is the only language fast enough to run on the hardware that gets packed into these things. There is no possibility of ssh, because there is no operating system to run. The only thing you can do is select a target package to insert into the computer before launch, which is done over physical cable.

>It has been said that is capable of "wipe" an entire country the size of France or Texas.
yeah, no.

MIRV

>>Jow Forums

10 tonnes in nukes

>It has been said that is capable of "wipe" an entire country the size of France or Texas.

Are you fucking retarded? It would take almost all of our nukes to wipe out a country the size of France.

Nukes are only effective at wiping out large population centers. For everything else they’re worthless.

For example: from RS-28 Wikipedia
>At the maximum reported throw-weight of up 10,000 kg, the missile could deliver a 50 Mt charge

50 megaton
nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/classic/#
>Effects radii for 50000 kt blast (smallest to largest):
>Air blast radius: 26.26 km / 16.32 mi (2,166.85 km2 / 836.63 mi2)
>4.6 psi overpressure; most buildings collapse; injuries universal, fatalities widespread

2,100 km^2
Texas: 696,241 km^2

696,241 / 2,100 = 348

It would take 348 RS-28 Sarmats to level just Texas.

Why do people constantly fall for the nuke meme?

Why did you calculate for a single big blast while it standard payload consists of 10-15 less powerful mirvs?
People love big comparisons, hence "can wipe a country" stuff. You can even argue that "wipe big cities and industry centers = wipe entire country". No need to get buttblasted over nothing.

Because it doesn’t state the size of the MIRVs and they would probably be significantly smaller due to the size of the reentry vehicles. Even if the blast radius scales better for smaller nukes, it would probably be the same overall due to the reentry tradeoff.

For example the trident II SLBM can carry 8 450kt or 14 100kt warheads.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UGM-133_Trident_II
>The Mark 5 MIRV can carry up to 8 W88 (475 kt) warheads, while the Mark 4 MIRV can also carry 14 W76

sure about that Ivan?

Attached: Untitled1.png (1366x768, 591K)

It's a MIRV 1 warhead for each big city retard

By who?
Fucking bullshit
Its amazing just how readily you assholes swallow bullshit.

To be fair, if you took out the 10 largest cities/infrastructure nodes in Texas, you'd pretty much render it unlivable after a week for anyone who didn't prep beforehand.

sounds like a Node project

Attached: d78fb9cd0bfee0b137e757617a2ce4ba.jpg (500x750, 56K)

I bet it is mechanically controlled based on gyroscopes and star position.
t.Ivan

>chooses Austin as target
based

What if this thing being ran by TempleOS?

Attached: O_O.jpg (354x329, 12K)

How fucked are you?

Attached: Webp.net-resizeimage.png (1780x1124, 2.25M)

always wondered why my old commie high-school forced us to learn fortran

I get Dayton, but what the hell is in Cincinnati/NKY that would be worth nuking?

Fuck off, Ivan. This shit cannot fly. The way you cannot get even a blue-collar job.

As long as the steam servers don't get nuked I'm good because I don't live in the US.
It's funny how they don't bother targeting the missile fiels unless they're sending everything at them.

wake up, Ivan! you have shat all over your bed-sheets

>Nukes are only effective at wiping out large population centers. For everything else they’re worthless.
No they're not. Radiation is very useful for making large amounts of land unusable and unliveable.

And what exactly do you think a country is? A bunch of large population centers.

the civilized world would end if America is gone.

we've been keeping the world safe since forever. we've been keeping chinks muslims and russkis at bay since forever. without us and our elite benefacators, the jews. the world would devolve into another pointless conflict based on completely shaky grounds.

Imagine waking up without america tomorrow. russians and chinese would be marching in your streets.

we're the world's police force yo.

Attached: 152.jpg (720x960, 85K)

You're only giving handjobs to Russia and China, while bullying the tiny countries that have easily stealable oil. The only thing the rest of the world would miss is the TV shows and movies, those have a higher budget than in other places so they look pretty good. Someone might pick up the slack though.

/thread

Why, yes. Fortan was and still is THE language to do numeric optimizations and safe (compile-time allocations) programming.

But fucking russkies have nothing to do with this. It is all glorious IBM and John Bacus from which russkies stole everything, as usual.

>Russia and China
yeah. they sure are famous for being caring and empathetic overlords

Attached: GettyImages-158661309-1024x685.jpg (1024x685, 140K)

Attached: 116698-mouth-anime-kiss-romance-romance_film-1440x9001.jpg (1440x900, 310K)

And how many do you think fit into that one?

If you think you get useful answers from there you must be deluded.

Then it would seek redemption.

Above Moscow.

Your inbred redneck relatives need to be eradicated too, Chuck.

is it really necessary to make the only thing that can fuck the world look like a dick?

>the civilized world would end if America is gone.
You're a third world shithole, your population is made up of 48% animals and you're the birthplace of all the modern degeneracy and you're Jewish puppets
Nuking you would be doing yourself and the world a favor

>muh phallic symbol

Attached: 20190729_081452.png (500x292, 171K)

>>What kind of programmers live up to projects like this?
Me
>>What architectures would they program?.
Motorola 68k
>>In which language/s?.
Ada ported from fortran
>>Will they use VCSs? like git or cvs?.
Svn
>>What OS?.
No os, qrx or vxworks
>>Would the systems that operate it remotely resemble something that one can recognize?
>like SSH?
Telnet

programming the feedback control units on these things must have been hell. since weather based stabilization adjustments would have to be a huge factor, and that in itself couldn't possibly be realtime. they probably had modules just for different weather conditions and loaded one for each day.

don't worry trump will reestablish confederacy

>why da rockit look like a peepee??
Your cocklust is showing, faggot. Learn some aerodynamics.

>Not Laredo aka Spic central
bluepilled as fuck

Why don't you make a hing that can fuck the world l that not shaped like a dick.

>The most powerful weapon in the world.
Questionable numbers and claims as always, most likely 95% of it is lies. Maybe the most powerful you know of. Russia always boasts about things they have even if they don't have it, USA does the exact opposite. History as an example.
Also quantity and ease of delivery is several dozen times better than just one big unit. technically that ICBM is useless.
It can BARELY take out a single city let alone a whole state that's bigger than 90% of countries. If you were to drop it on LA it wouldn't even reach Malibu.
same programmers as who work for Lockheed or Grumman. Most likely those who were born far before computer was even created.
pick worst.
>in which language/s?
something 60+ year old engineers would be good at. COBOL would be the best guess if I were to say it for US but I don't think that's what Russians use.
>>Will they use VCSs? like git or cvs?.
no clue
>>What OS?.
some RTOS written by those 60+ year old engineers.
look up "mission command center", that's what it would look like.

answer to the last question pic related

Attached: Russian_ISS_Flight_Control_Room.jpg (1920x1235, 573K)

>windows 7
>1366x768
>chrome
>those downloads
Have a (You), you earned it.

Almost right.

Attached: america-jesus.jpg (1280x864, 289K)

> Radiation is very useful for making large amounts of land unusable and unliveable.
You dumb cunt, Hiroshima was perfectly livable after rebuilding. Air burst nuclear bombs leave no lasting radiation, it all diffuses.

Original version is superior.

Attached: 1285564444739.jpg (1600x1080, 362K)

>Air burst nuclear bombs leave no lasting radiation
Not if it's a ground burst.

Only a true Ivan could put his shithole / China's bitch / world's gas station in the line of world leaders near China. Have a (you) for your efforts.

What I said is you aren't doing anything useful anyway. You're not the police, you're the Tyrone. Nobody is cheering for Russia or China either. All three could be leveled into parking lots.

Rude

>tfw used to be into electronics and embedded systems for exactly this reason but now stuck doing webdev
why shouldn't i kill myself

not really

>sepples
what is this?

Excuse me for stating the obvious, but that looks like a giant mechanical penis.

it is just javascript used in a nix kernal on an arm chip

> tfw "Nasa's JWST will run a proprietary JS interpreter by a bankrupt company"
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19737663

Attached: 1563647657061.png (571x507, 334K)

C++

Attached: 1463787148366.jpg (267x274, 35K)

I doubt it can. Dont fall for the Russian bogieman, fear and raw material exports is all that country lives on.

I thought my town would be on the map since we have a shipyard that builds battleships but apparently I'd be okay

>Why do people constantly fall for the nuke meme?

nuclear fallout is very different from the actual detonation user

i'd rather take bugmen and vodkaniggers over your kike controlled mutt country

>hits industrial sector of city
>city dies within days
go away reverse satan

you'll have to stay on the Vietnamese servers then

if i was making a doomsday device i'd make it as dick looking as possible to make sure it won't miss you

>being this retarded
Jesus, please end us.

dude, your moms new dildo has arrived from Amazon