Is Motorola the ThinkPad of phones?

Is Motorola the ThinkPad of phones?
>normies don't even know it exists
>"ew how old is that thing lol"
>people who recognize it immediately associate it with being 10 years older than it actually is
>very cheap
>easy to fix (by phone standards)
>literally owned by Lenovo
>overseen by a former IBM executive
>aesthetic is heavily black/red

Attached: motorola-2-logo-png-transparent.png (2400x2400, 77K)

yes, i have a Z2 Force. I throw it in the ground all the time and it's as good as new. Battery life is fucking great and it charges in a few minutes

I'm using a G7Plus and it's great

I remember hearing about Motorola a year or so ago after well over a decade of assuming it went under, not gonna lie I unironically thought about buying one of their phones because I thought it would be a meme phone but from what I've heard they're actually good

I feel like this is about as close as it gets to 'X1 Phone'

Attached: Motorola-MotoZ3-official.png (630x603, 279K)

Have Moto X4 and X220, can confirm

If its owned by lenovo then I'm pretty sure its the opposite of being
>the thinkpad of phones
So far I've been seeing a lot more issues with their line up of phones after being purchased from lenovo. They also don't manufacture any phones in the US anymore so go figure.

Was using a 2013 Moto G with lineage up until last October. I got a OnePlus 5 for 350€ but the G7 Power seams really neat, especially at 180€.

nah, motorola with lenovo is much better. Lenovo is a fucking magic company that turns everything it touches into gold

When have you ever talked about phones with anyone? I refuse to belive these conversations actual happen.

>"wow user, nice Motorola Moto Z3 Play with Battery Mod!"
Yeah, normies say shit like that alllllll the time.

Attached: Screenshot_20190308-013602777.png (760x756, 1.14M)

i got rid of my z2 force for a LG G7, worst decision of my life.

i miss my z2s battery packs and projectors. fuck people who say motomods are shit

only thing I disliked about the z2 was the included USB c to aux, the dac in it was so fucking shit that it made me switch phones entirely (yes I know I could have bought 3rd party adapter with dac = to the g7s but fuck you)

I've had a Moto G2 for years. Performance isn't good and it can't be rooted but otherwise I can't complain.

Motorola was only good in 2013 when Google owned it for a short period.

Motorola is pretty much dead for me. They fell for the notch meme, they starting launching multiple versions of the same model like Samsung (play, power, etc), the quality is lower overall (compare a X4 to a G7, the X4 feels much more solid), and they have stopped making high-end models only to focus in the G* and lower series.

Honestly if I had to change my Moto X4 I don't really know what phone to buy, everything in the market seems like shitte.

Can't you just tell the phone to ignore the screen around the notch and effectively turn it into a bezel? I remember some phones giving you that option.

moto x play literally best budget phone.

Lenovo is cheap trash and all you zoomer who got memed into a modern thinkpad need the learn to cope

Ironically they where until Lenovo bought the brand and they went to shit. The E4+ was one of the worst phones I ever owned and it's specs are better than the current G7 Play.
Literally fell apart in less than a year, proximity sensor stopped working after 72hs and had to restart it under bright lights for it to work again, stopped charging from one day to another but would charge if the phone was off, had to do a factory reset every month since ghost touches made it unusable and the icing on the cake was it's screen literally shattering when it fell from my pocket while sitting down (and the phone had a case).
From what I heard they're just getting worse with each model, many claim the G5s was the last decent one.
They just went full planned obsolescence

>Co-workers having to charge their shitty small-battery phones at work
>friends and family having to bring USB cables and borrow charging blocks when they visit due to small batteries
>Everyone complains about no headphone jack and having to use and recharge shitty Bluetooth headsets
>My G7 Power lasts several days on a single charge
>Still use comfy wired headphones
Feels good, man.

I'm still on Droid 4. Gib back rootable qwerty pls

Also got my G7 Power unlocked and has bands for all major US carriers
(including band 71) so I can switch at any time. Most $250 or less phones don't have that capability, either.

I just bought one of these, should receive it in the next week. Did you mod the rom at all? I wanna put lineage on it

Why don't they use a dongle?

Fuck Motorola. My G4 Plus is literally the biggest pile of shit I've ever owned. Also, everyone I know who has/had a G4/G5/Z2 complains about battery problems or the motherboard dying.

Probably because it would have to plug in where their charger is always plugged into.

I stopped getting updates for my Moto X Force after Lenovo came in. Fuck them.

explain a modern thinkpad is bad

>no changeable RAM anymore
>no changeable battery
>bad Price/Performance
>with every Generation, the thinkpads get less and less sturdy
>Apple-like Keyboard
>only internal battery, but no bigger capacity, so even worse than when Apple did it
>Killing of the X2XX line up
>"Retro" ThinkPad Which only is Retro in Color, indicating that Lenovo doesn't understand What People liked About the old thinkpads, etc...

what is a good brand for top performance work laptops then
maxxed out thinkpad p72 looks nice

my nigger. I loved my Droid 4, had to sadly upgrade to a Moto G4 play (xt1607, not xt1609) because it was just too old and I need snapchat to run good to talk to my normie friends. I really miss a qwerty phone. Might wanna check out the Fxtec Pro1. I might try one of the blackberries or find another phone. The moto g4 is cheap ($40 on ebay) but gps is shit and kinda ready for something more stable and a better camera for when I'm hiking

>fxtec
Too bad it costs an arm and a leg, which might doom it to fail.
>blackberries
No root because blackberry is gheyberry

>Too bad it costs an arm and a leg, which might doom it to fail.
Sadly, and its too big for me I think The moto g4 is about as big as I wanna go. I wish there was a size between the droid 4 and the moto g4, that'd be the perfect size.
>No root because blackberry is gheyberry
Not surprising I guess. Wish you could unlock the bootloader on one of them. I need my custom roms.

My G5+ is still going strong, i hope it lasts long enough so i can skip this notch bullshit on the G7 and beyond.

my g7 power's battery outlives all the other phones.
feels good man

beats me i have moto g v1, i updated it up to android 9, but because rom was made by some pajeet had to downgrade to 7 to be able to use it reliably.
i recently removed the plastic screen shield it had since the beginning and now it's absolutely beautiful, like new.
it does everything i need and it's also rock solid. for me 7 makes more sense than 8 or 9.
i never play games or watch videos and almost exclusively use wifi instead of gsm internet, so battery lasts me almost a week i think. the original battery.
i guess for retards like me it's a great phone, i'd buy a new version but camera is too ugly which is sad because v1 camera is shit.

i constantly throw and drop my moto e5 plus and this is why I will forever buy motorola because I can constantly fucking laugh at you faggots who buy phones that shatter after being dropped once

Yes probably. All I know is my family, especially my little sister, loves both of those things.
>Got a Thinkpad T410 and clapped it out
>Used it through highschool, gave it to my dad
>He raves about how good it is
>Little sister is starting highschool herself soon
>I'm in college by this point with a brand new Dell Precision as a HS graduation gift to myself
>Buy my imouto a T420 and clap it out as well
>Her phone was also shitting the bed, so I get her a Motorola Moto X
>Now she tells me about her friend's Apple PC's needing expensive battery swaps, their iPhone's having shit battery life

I'm trying to pass the love of these things down to the next generation.

Attached: 1561423240082.jpg (707x707, 116K)

im waiting for the Z4 to go on firesale at the end of the year. i've got a Z3 play with gamepad and qi mod and really the only thing im missing is a better camera and 3.5mm

Attached: moto-z4.jpg (1187x1200, 171K)