Why are Apple Airpods so popular everywhere? They sound like shit and have high bluetooth latency...

Why are Apple Airpods so popular everywhere? They sound like shit and have high bluetooth latency. They don't pair well with non Apple devices either. Why would someone spend about $180 on something that sounds worse than $20 wired IEMs?

Attached: appleairpods.jpg (466x466, 8K)

because it's a highly visible status item

This

>plastic
>status

Ok buddy

>status item

Attached: 1546003348642.jpg (800x2500, 845K)

>They sound like shit
They sound fine for normies.

>high bluetooth latency
Why would anyone care about this regarding listening to music?

And last but not least this.

/thread.

/thred

>just werks with my $200 iPhone
>normies like you more
have sex.

apple "just werks" with no annoying bluetooth paring, it just connects. a simple interface to control them from the phone. simple charging.

wireless headphones have been around for awhile, but this is the first exposure to wireless headphones for many. and because it has apple logo they trust it more than some cheap Chinese wireless buds on amazon.

Imagine owning a Cub Cadet as a status item.

>Why are Apple Airpods so popular everywhere?

The industrial design is not idiotic looking like every other BT earbud.

Just werks - I put them in my ear, they connect. I take them out, music pauses. I tap them, they advance the song. I can quickly switch the source from iPhone to Macbook without dealing with pairing / unpairing.

>latency
>listening to music
Wow! You get the music a whole few milliseconds faster than me! I just got owned!

They sounds pretty good actually, without being too bass-y. Obviously not going to get audiophile quality from BT earbuds, but it's great considering the form factor.

You see them everywhere because they are a good, well thought out product that work well.

The one complaint you could legitimately front is they have issues with battery longevity because the cells are so small, and not serviceable. But like all products with rechargeable batteries, they are consuming power via a component that has a finite life.

Funny how the only status that it gives is "I'm a fucking retard."

cope

Cope for what? for not spending hundreds on plastic and having actual quality earphones? Retard.

The sound signature is designed more around letting in ambient noise and being unoffensive, it succeeds at that, I wish the bass wasn't so rolled off though.
really haven't noticed the bluetooth latency at all, in what situation would I notice it? I can make phone calls just fine.
they've paired fine with a ton of Android phones I've tried, again never had an issue with it. Why do I suspect you've never owned a pair?

Because iShills told me they were the absolute best Bluetooth audio experience even for non Apple devices.

>They sound like shit and have high bluetooth latency.
They sound fine and people don't care about latency. They're for casual use and are extremely convenient for that purpose. They pair just fine with non-Apple devices because they run on Bluetooth, although they pair especially well with Apple's devices. Which is fine, because the majority of people who have them are going to be using Apple's devices anyway, so 99% of the time, the AirPods will be paired to them.
They are, simply put, an easy, pleasant to use, and convenient product and that's why they're so popular. They may not have been designed with audiophiles in mind, but the experience of using them makes them well worth it.

The more important question is: Why do you keep making this thread?

>They sound like shit and have high bluetooth latency

you probably got the aliexpress knockoffs when you bought from amazon.

the airpods are probably the best piece of technology apple has developed in the last 50 years.

- They don't sound like shit. They sound fine.
- The latency is noticeable but negligible. They'll probably fix it in the next generation. There are already super-low-latency Bluetooth codecs out there.
- They're tiny and easy to carry around.
- No cable tangling issues.
- Ridiculous battery life.
- Allows the user to walk around and do stuff while listening to music coming from a phone that's lying elsewhere, charging. Very helpful for long work days.
- They allow ambient noise through. This isn't good or bad, it's just a matter of opinion. I like it. It doesn't block the outside world out and allows me to hear things like people calling my name, alarms, sirens, etc without completely drowning out either the music or the world around me.

They pair well with Android phones and Windows laptops, and pair especially well with Apple's devices. They 'just work.'

How bad does One Infinite Loo smell after you take your shitting street break in the California sun?

Attached: 1540054374113.jpg (643x960, 255K)

This tbqh. I bought a pair with full intention of returning but they’re nice for work. (Work in a research lab)

>stop buying products I don't like or I'll call you an indian
>I'm warning you...I have overused Jow Forums meme jpgs and I'm not afraid to use them...

>high latency
They use a custom chip to avoid high latency. What are you talking about?

>$20 wired IEMs?
Lmao that's like telling someone who needs a flatbed truck to buy a Miata. Moron.

Back to your designated shitting street iJeet.

>itt: homeless paki trying to offend semi-affluent white people by calling them indians.

>haha joke's on you I'm actually from bangladesh

Embarrassing

If you lose them, you can track where they are in the Find My app. That's a pretty good reason.

>iNigger cattle literally tag themselves for tracking
can't make this shit up

Attached: 1563720751189.png (640x451, 383K)

Was this post supposed to be funny?

>because if anyone wanted to track your location, they wouldn't do it through your phone or watch or any of your other electronics, oh no
>no, they'd do it through your earbuds

I’m worried tbey(and any other wireless earbuds) won’t fit my ears. Earbuds never fit my ears right and always fall out so I rely on the cord to not lose them/have them drop in a puddle or some shit. Any recommendations? I would like to have some wireless earbuds at some point. I’m fairly wealthy so price is not an issue really.

That last line came off as pretentious I think, just meant I am looking for good ones that fit any ear(or weird ears) and not super concerned with the price tag.

Its the modern day beats headphones, Normies dont care about quality only care about status lmao

Airpods perfectly describe Apple as a company. They took an existing use case and made it much better spurring a wave of competitors overnight. But they also made them ugly for brand recognition and disposable shit with sealed in batteries, that's why I bought galaxy buds.

I recently upgraded to a /hpg/ approved setup, and I will say it has made airpods sound not the best to me. But I still love them. It's the portability and convenience of it. I throw my airpods in my pocket and forget that they are there. I charge them once a week because the case holds like 20 hours worth of charge, the pods themselves, like 4 or 5 hours each. I pop airpods into my ears in situations where I couldn't be bothered to pull out normal headphones, or even bluetooth ones with the wire between them. They're really open, so it's good for talking to people and still listening to music or watching youtube quietly to yourself. They just work, although, you do pay a pretty penny for them. But it is apple, after all.

inb4 I get called a shill, but nah. I use my airpods on my android just running the free poddroid app which lets me get the tap features and such. I will say tho, it does bug out sometimes, but I can't complain for a free app that works well 80% of the time.

Attached: audiophile.jpg (2646x2797, 3.79M)