The state of Linux video editing

Is Kdenlive and Shortcut seriously the best we have? Is there some other tool I just haven't found with the ease and power of Premiere? I'm seriously considering going back to Windows just because of this.

Attached: images (1).png (225x225, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

olivevideoeditor.org/
github.com/olive-editor/olive/issues/26
blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kdenlive is such a piece of shit
The crop filter just replaces the area to crop with black pixels, I had to use ffmpeg to actually crop out the unwanted area

Attached: 1560970899753.jpg (1600x1066, 313K)

Davinci Resolve?

olivevideoeditor.org/

Have tried it, doesn't work unless you have some Nvidia graphics card

>installs an OS that always reduces productivity on desktops
>waaahhhh my productivity is reduced!!!!
kill yourself sperg

See it the first time. What problem does it solve better compared to the alternatives?

you seem upset

Seems interesting, will give it a try
Don't even bother replying, it makes it happy

Davince resolve you stupid nigger
Then get one and stop complaining. Davinci Resolve is the best video editing you are going to get on Linux.

OBS has support so that may change quickly
github.com/olive-editor/olive/issues/26

but I want you to be happy

>See it the first time. What problem does it solve better compared to the alternatives?
It can edit 20G+ videos and shitloads of layers without issues, though i didn't try anything larger than that

>kdenlive is such a piece of shit
>The crop filter just replaces the area to crop with black pixels, I had to use ffmpeg to actually crop out the unwanted area
Really ? I thought I was a retard since everytime I exported the video I had 10+ minutes of black that I cropped out. I finally decided to upload the video to YouTube, cut the parts I didn't need with the YouTube video tool and then redownload the video.

Jesus Christ

>10+ minutes of black
By "crop" I mean decrease the resolution of a video by removing some pixels. Like if you have a video from CNN if you want to remove the chyron. It can make the video shorter just fine.

This is pretty much exactly what I wanted, thanks user

>if you want to remove the chyron.
and*, not if

Well, I wasnt able to figure out how to "cut" a clip out of a video. Guess I'm retarded after all

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

I unironically use blender for most video related tasks. being cutting, editing, color correction or other basic tasks. its an amazing tool, very powerful, although you have to create trasistions and similar effects from scratch.

there is video series on youtube on how to use blender as a video editor and its a good start.

Do you not read?

Davinci Resolve
Davinci Resolve
Davinci Resolve
Davinci Resolve
Davinci Resolve!!!!!!!!

Was DaVinci waiting for this thread just to be able to shill?

Attached: ps1_hagrid.jpg (676x401, 120K)

video editing is bloat.

You're bloat

kdenlive is pretty good for my workload desu :P
If you get the latest version on a flatpak it is pretty stable too..

Learn how to use a non-linear video editor faggot, that's now how you crop, you're supposed to zoom instead.

>it's okay that a filter advertising itself as a cropping tool simply adds black pixels
>if you want to crop out the lower border only, just zoom in and crop out the other edges (that you want to keep) too lmao

Kdenlive will do anything that premier will do. You're just a noob or a snob.

Good productivity for coding, IT, science and CAD.