What OS do you use Jow Forums? do any of you actually use linux 95% of the time...

what OS do you use Jow Forums? do any of you actually use linux 95% of the time? or are most of you just shilling linux as a meme but actually use winfag?
i mainly use linux, only use windows for games that only run on windows or windows exclusive. programs that i need to use every now and then.

Attached: images.jpg (227x222, 12K)

I only use Linus on my laptop so I can impress women when I'm outside

Linux, mainly Arch.i mainly use linux, only use windows for games that only run on windows or windows exclusive. programs that i need to use every now and then.

I browse on a browser, Read pdfs, listen to music, watch videos and write papers in latex
Linux is literally the perfect OS for me.
I use nixos btw

>copypasta OP
kek

>Arch
>Use windows only for the one game a week of cs:go (and because im lazy to install it on arch)
>Do programming, browsing, and shit on Linux.

based but cringe if true

nixos huh? is it any good? as far as stability and software/driver support

Windows LTSC and WSL so I can pretend to be a freetard though I wholesomely welcome open source projects like ffmpeg, qemu, inkscape, webp, webm. I personally don't like linux as a desktop OS because it has become a circus full of frankenstein derivatives each crippled in one way or another instead of energy being focused into making a single unified distribution desktop user friendly. The fact that CoCs are getting slapped around said circus and trannies being integrated into them makes the experience even more unwelcoming for me.

Though I will say had microsoft not made LTSC the sheer pedantry of mainstream windows unwelcomed telemetry and spying would have forced me to linux distro hop for all eternity.

Attached: 1541133504601.gif (320x240, 603K)

interesting, shill me Windows LTSC.

>distro hop
kek. i finally got comfy with just debian as desktop

I'd use Ubuntu if it weren't for the fact that Steam dropped support cuz muh 32-bit apps be fucking delet.

I'm currently using windows 10 with Shutup10! to get rid of the bullshit marketing telemetry. If I was to distro hop for all eternity, I'd rather be using Debian more than anything in an XFCE DE, but I love GNOME just for how it feels.

>Steam dropped support cuz muh 32-bit apps be fucking delet.
no.
no.
no.

I use windows 10 enterprise on desktop i like rolling release ans some of the store cancer
Debian on lappy, sane minimal because is a netbook with atom cpu

NixOS. ive used linux 99.9% of the time for 11 years. If a program needs windows then windows runs in a virtual machine that preferably has no network access. i dont use any windows software in daily or common usage

Windows 10 with the classic apps(calculator, image viewer...), no windows store or uwp applications, focused on security rather than feature updates. Current version is 1809, whereas consumer editions are 1903. It's basically the no nonsense version of win10, it's great.

Okay.. I forget why Steam dropped ubuntu. Ubuntu discontinued supplying 32-bit packages in its archives following 19.10's release. Idk anything else beyond that.

This.I was too lazy to type it.

They didn't drop Ubuntu.

I use linux 95% of the time. I don't even log into my windows 10 install anymore for games, because I'm either doing actual work or I can just play them using Proton. Proton is fucking amazing.

Oh, well then! I just heard about it long time ago so eh. My mistake, sorry for not looking into the situation earlier haha.

I use gentoo unironically on desktop
Ubuntu on my server

I also think they did drop Ubuntu. So, don't worry user!

Arch on the laptop i use for CAD/FPGA/webshit/general programming for uni, win10 LTSC on desktop for gaymes, visual studio and the occasional audio/video project, generally shitty nightcore.

Not only this but you can set telemetry to 0 (security) which is not possible eve on windows pro, no cortana spyware, and due to only receiving security updates no untested beta updates mainstream windows gets.

i use linux 100% of the time
it works well and i've never thought about switching back to windows

You can't set it to 0, dumbass. Ever try to sniff the packets it's receiving and sending? Of course you didn't, if you did, you wouldn't say retarded shit like this.

Win10 that costs $3 on ebay and will spy on you less. I use it for win only programs, but it's a shitty OS. Slow as shit, no customization, everything is in the wrong place, there's 2 control panels and shit.

anons should really do something about the fat people problem in the US and GB

no offense intended to the 1/3 of people reading this who will be concerned btw

Debian at work and desktop at home. Gentoo on laptop and homelab.

Fat tax would be the only tax I would support.

YES YOU CAN but only if you have LTSC else 0 = 1 for mainstream windows. It will still send windows defender telemetry if not disabled and compatibility if also not disabled but other than that it sends very minor amounts of data.

You're still stuck with some level of telemetry but in my case I'll take that over linux distro hopping for the rest of my life any day desu senpai.

Attached: data-telemetry-datacollecion-gpedic2.png (686x636, 19K)

I use Windows at work. I use Linux at home.

I use linux for games and a macbook for programming most of the time, code on my linux computer once in a while

I use arch because it just werks, i also dual boot win 10 but i haven't used it in a week lol

I'm not the guy you're replying to, but I use nixos for all of my machines and it works quite well for keeping my package list/configurations consistent.
I've fucked up my compositor config a few times and the rollback functionality in the boot menu saved me.
I would reccommend home-manager, it's not written in big letters anywhere I can find on the nixos docs but it's essential for nixos from my experience.

Driver support comes directly from the kernel

I use nix packages within my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Some things work flawless

Others are a bit strange an need some better integration. E.g using a certain python version directly is okay but using that version with packages needs adding those packages to very small nix config.

All in all nix (or guix) style package MGMT is the way to go and the future.

Still some user experiences suffer a small bit but once all the default configs are figured out there is not much left in the sense of package managers.

I think all distros will switch to this style and only differ in config files and patches

Attached: athena_outdoor_team.jpg (1600x1131, 655K)

Windows for muh games, linux for everything else

NixOS as main
windows 10 ltsc for gayms(when not gayming I keep it airplane mode and when I become suspicious I unplug it)

Pop OS from System 76. Optimized layout and controls for devs and IT.

I use Linux at work because I'm a Linux admin. I use OSX at home because I'm not a poorfag. But really most of my time is spent in the Xbox OS because I mostly just watch anime when I'm at home.

>SJW linux fatass self made trannie taking it in the fanny
of course

OP here, yea i use debian too, just comfy and werks. too bad they have some sjw intruders... fear for future devs...

i used to use ubuntu as my server but i switched to opensuse, comfy and less bloated, relatively... ubuntu has like 10 fucking repos, by god!

>linux admin
jealous asf desu
where i work, they deny my linux suggestions. feels bad man...

Manjaro Cinnamon

Attached: 1537716318834.jpg (1620x1080, 132K)

dear god, please tell me pic not related...

I use Windows 10 or Linux indistinctly. It's all almost the same shit honestly. My computer at home dual boots Windows 10 and Xubuntu, but I rarely boot into Linux on it, I mostly use it for gaming. If I want to program I use my work supplied T480s (I don't work for a Jewish corporation that makes anything made with their tool their property).

I use whatever the fuck I feel like. Windows 7, Windows 10, Debian, CentOS, OS X, Solaris, whatever the fuck. I'm not a virginal sheep that treats my computing habits like a lifestyle/religion.

Haha you got me! XD

You just gotta convince them that it's worth it, since there is some IT overhead to think about. At my last job they wanted everyone to use windows but they let me and the other sysadmin use Linux because I fought tooth an nail for it. Every day I made comments about how much easier my life was since I was using Linux and I'd show my manager regularly all the cool time saving and cost saving stuff I could do since I was on Linux. It was literally a constant struggle, but oh so worth it.
Of course, if you're not a Linux admin then you might not have as strong of an argument, but it's still worth trying probably.
Find a distro that they can backdoor, that usually puts the security monkeys at ease. And do some research and come to them with some suggestions for making it easier for IT to adopt. I found a monitoring system that worked in both windows and Linux and I also volunteered to test it.

I use Xubuntu

>sets telemetry to 0
>still sends telemetry
it's ok though the privacy rape isn't as severe as in regular Windows 10!

I exclusively use GNU/Linux now. I used to use Windows, but got more into my GNU/Linux partition until one day my storage drive died so I formatted my Wangblows SSD and now it acts as a storage/game drive for GNU/Linux. Currently running Pop! OS and loving it.

the typical argument that managers give me is that we don't have enough techs to troubleshoot linux. i work at an MSP... and i get that but fuck, theres so much we could save on and just charge the hours.

I use redhat for work, and I use my work laptop for personal use even though it's chock full of spyware

Attached: 1562446166307.jpg (317x432, 24K)

Win 7 for personal stuff/school and ubuntu for my server

IS any of that really privacy rape though. LTSC is supposed to be for fucking cash registers and MRI machines. Why put user data siphoning telemetry in those?

>Why put user data siphoning telemetry in those?
Because that's how Microsoft makes more money. The more they know the more they can profit, so of course they add a whackload of telemetry to every version.

This sort of data is not just useful for making money, theoretically you could use it for improving the OS, which is why you find similar things in Linux-land. But they're usually opt in, and if they're opt out, opting out actually works.

Right but putting telemetry on a cash register is like putting a security camera up your ass. What is to be gained?

Just installed POP!_OS yesterday. Haven’t figured out how it differs from Ubuntu other than aesthetics.

I use Zorin OS at work all day 5 days with my work PC, Windows 10 on my main modern rig, and Windows 98/MSDOS/XP triple boot on my retro PC gaming rig. If I had to guess, Zorin OS gets the most hours put in, but I do use a lot of Windows 10 at home. My vintage rig I do use a few times a week, but mostly on weekends, so it probably only sees 4-5 hours a week depending on how into some random old game I discovered I am.

Pop!_OS comes with AMD or Nvidia drivers out of the box, and they also strip out Canonical's Amazon spyware and bloat. Much better imo

Good if you are willing to bother with it
otherwise hold off until the work on it gets to a more mature state. It is still very early in developpement and has a lot ahead of it

GNU at home, macOS at work.

I keep trying to use Linux on my PC but I keep running into hurdles with gaming, proton came out, tested it on my laptop and I was happy.
Switched my PC over and found Easy-anticheat does not work on it. So I'm thinking of going back to Win8.1

I ran Ubuntu and flavours of Ubuntu on a laptop for general browsing for about a year. Just something on the side and in the last month and a half jumped to Ubuntu (elementary) and then (now) Debian on my work laptop. I do IT work, workstation deployments, firewall installs, server hardware swaps, etc. I've become accustomed to finding the networking info I need in Linux to troubleshot and onsite networking issues, became familiar with zenmap replacing advanced IP scanner, and for the rest of my workload it takes place via RDP and through web apps.

TempleOS

Linux is a kernel.

The real question is, how is anyone usong Windows unironically in 2019?

Depends on what Im doing, but I honestly use a good balance of Windows, OSX, and Linux (mint). PC in my room is Win 10 for games, and I have one of each in my home office I use depending on what I need done. Probably used OSX the least though, but barely as of late. On another note thinking of trying Haiku OS to see what it could offer once its out of beta.

Haven't used windows since vista, 100% FOSS here

i use it at work

so you guys are telling me that those pc rigs with state of the art videocards you guys post run linux...
right

i used windowws 10 mostly, but i sometimes run a kde neon vm just to mess with some linux stuff.

windows 10 LTSC that I customised to remove as much shit out as possible, when I upgraded from a 4790k to a 9900k. Only major issue I had compared to W7 was W10 wouldn't properly split windows for god knows what reason. Ended up finding some freeware that fixes that.

Linux Mint.
Linux for internet and personal stuff all the time.
Separate computer for win botnet (no joke at this point) to play games or win only software.

I say its 60% Linux 40% windows from time alone however if I need windows only to boot load my games and some programs.

Attached: Mint.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>I personally don't like linux as a desktop OS because it has become a circus full of frankenstein derivatives each crippled in one way or another instead of energy being focused into making a single unified distribution desktop user friendly.
try out linux mint 18 (trust me on this one don change from 18)
And tell me its not user friendly.

>unified distribution deskto
Retarded and gay the fragmentation is the best thing ever if one distro starts shit you simply switch to another one and everything just werks. Having a monopoly you are a slave to is simply shit.

>i mainly use linux, only use windows for games that only run on windows or windows exclusive.
>programs that i need to use every now and then.

Same here. Using Manjaro KDE, but looking at alternatives, since I just upgraded most of my hardware, and a reinstall is in order anyway.

yes, 100% of the time

Windows. I use Linux perhaps 1% of the time for silly little experiments - then delete it and go back to Windows, where shit actually works.

I don't care about my distro tbhfam.
I use arch at home for the meme and Ubuntu at work.
But both are basically bootloaders for emacs tho

Enlightened.

I run 10 LTSC as my main OS. Only run linux on my NAS and HTPC.
I tried running linux as a main OS but found that without MS Office, it was a really useless OS

Windows, Windows, Windows, and Android. I wouldn't be using Android if a more modern browser was available for my Windows 8.1 phone.