I miss it so much

I miss it so much

Attached: wp.jpg (450x253, 34K)

Spyware.

Paying the same price for 1gb ram phones when 4gb ram was the norm?

>muh bigger numbers
Who cares. They worked perfectly well with 1GB

If it wasn’t for the shitty pitch black UI everywhere because “muh amoled” it would have been almost perfect

You could change that to white by pressing a button. But I liked black more

It was the
>push constant updates in the early am that resets your alarm clock so you're late for work the next day
that op misses I think

same. i would be still using my lumia 1320 if the charging port wasn't dead

best UI

my phone used to default to the assistant just reading shit out instead of an alarm, slept through those all the time

>muh bigger numbers
Muh paying bigger numbers for less performance
>they worked perfectly well
No they didn't, and that was part of why they aren't around anymore.
>push constant updates
You mean the constant telemetry, and user usage data updates for m$?

Well you could set EMUI to simple mode in the options which is kind of ripoff off that style

Attached: Huawei-P20-Pro-Simple-Mode-1[1].jpg (1080x2240, 523K)

atrocious

delet this shet, ya gook

They are not around because developers never had the need to release Windows Phone versions of their apps. Performance was flawless and had nothing to do with it.

Best UI
Worst support

they worked because no apps tho. Instagram and messenger ports we had ran like shit. Yes, they were really bloated, but still.
1gb might have been enough with native apps, but in the moment they decided to get ports it wasn't enough.

WP8 had the best UI. WP10 was a disaster. I liked that it had very few apps, everything was integrated, and I just used it to text, email, GPS around, and browse the web. Same thing I use Android for except now with 10x the irritation.

Proof?

4GB was not the norm in windows phone days. Not even 2GB was. What are you snorting?

I had first generation Windows phone which at the time was Windows Phone 7
All I can say is that it did the absolute bare minimum that you would want to do on a smartphone while being speedy and relatively stable compared to lots of Android devices at the time
I don’t miss it, anything I feel towards it can be caulked up as nostalgia

>Nothing is stopping you
December 31 is stopping me. The Store will be dead then. Hell, you can't even log into a WP7 with a Microsoft account today.

Nothing is stopping you. The phones are so cheap on ebay.

Attached: WP_20190731_10_20_56_Pro.jpg (3552x2000, 2.64M)

No they don't.

t. ex 640 user

so install windows 8.1 or 10

>so install windows 8.1 or 10
Holy fucking shit, what a retard

o-oh, i see the problem now.
what awful news. At least the price for 928s and 1020s will tank and I can pick up more as semi-disposable cameras.

Although lower resolution (you don't really need 40 megapixels anyway), you might find that a Lumia 950 or 950 XL provides a better camera than the 1020.

correct. I intend on getting a 950 to mess within the future, but the availability isnt there right now with the cheapest one being ~$45. I even overpaid for my 1020 at ~$35, but ehh.
My impressions so far with the two is that the 928 is the best for close up and night shots. By a LOT. the focus range of the 928 more than makes up for the larger pixels, and it just captures a ton more light at night. But the 1020 makes for the best walkin' round camera at least during the day.

4gb phones where available during 2016 just not on Windows phones.

In 2016 Windows Phone was already dead and buried.

And they didn't need 4GB. The flagships 950 and 950 XL ran better with 3GB RAM than Lagdroid phones do with twice as much.

>But the 1020 makes for the best walkin' round camera at least during the day.
Maybe when it comes to raw resolution, but that's all it really has. In use it's slow and clunky because it takes ages and then comes to process the photos it takes at an absurdly high resolution.

I happen to own a 950 (bought it on launch and jumped ship from Android for a bit, deeply regret going back to Android but alas), and I can tell you that in regards to performance it is well worth $45 if you're only looking at it as a convenient pocket camera.
Pic related, taken with my 950.

Attached: WP_20161104_08_34_43_Rich__2560.longexp.jpg (2560x1441, 2.54M)

The Lumia 640 was the best budget phone ever made. Windows 8.1 mobile was a great OS. Fast, even on that slow hardware, good looking and giving you all the information you want without even having to open most applications.

Such a shame Android and iOS won. Dumbass Ballmer's "not invented here" ruined everything.

>The flagships 950 and 950 XL ran better with 3GB RAM than Lagdroid phones do with twice as much.
No they didn't, and windows phone had plenty of lag with their live tiles always on. Pretty much why I got rid of my windows phones. They where different, but kind of useless shit.

Lahore? What about Anekbah, Qalisar, or the other areas?

it wasn't fair bros

Attached: 1533371577347.jpg (806x1200, 75K)

should have made x86 phones with regular windows

Damn I could go for some Kloops beer right about now.

yeah. #metoo

Microsoft already shit the bed with Kin and was on bad terms with smartphone users. WP wasn't bad by any means, but they kept making breaking changes to the OS and demanding users buy a new phone to keep up. Nobody did. The platform died shortly after.

If Microsoft really wanted the platform to succeed, they could have easily afforded to exchange the old phones for new ones and front the cost themselves. Success in getting a hold of the smartphone market would have made this cost nothing in the long run.

Attached: 1423891098749.gif (216x200, 40K)