.NET Core

>the year of our lord, 2019
>he isn't using .NET Core for everything higher level than C
What's your excuse?

Attached: 1200px-.NET_Core_Logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 66K)

>satan shills for c#
if (true){
int x = -1;
}
int x = 1; //compiler error

what are you trying to achieve here?

Wtf hahaha

just name it "y" bro non-issue

Is WPF cross-platform yet?

but i do use it every day
retard

It's a feature coming up in .NET Core 3 (Winforms too), the prerelease version probably has complete support already

Because I use a better language.

Attached: download.png (132x242, 4K)

you're declaring the same variable twice.

haha thank u for the Correct answer in Thread Sir :)

they are in different scope..

>what are scopes

Attached: ding dong u are wrong.png (646x584, 61K)

>It's a feature coming up in .NET Core 3
i keep hearing this since 2015

>different scope
no they're not.

pic unrelated

if (true)
{
int x = -1;
}

{
int x = 1;
}

now they are in different scopes, lo and behold, no compiler compiler error.

IMAGINE

Attached: what_are_scopes.png (978x270, 46K)

In C they would be in different scopes. I'm not sure how it's done in C# but maybe the compiler just optimizes if(true) away, incorrectly making it the same scope

Uh... I don't think it's going to be what you think it means. Lower your expectations significantly.

Based and redpilled

FileStreams can't write into NFS mounts, all files are saved as 0 bytes. And that's after trying every combination of FileModes and FileAccesses.

It will obviously never be. While support to use it in core 3 is in place, it's quite obviously only for Windows.

that's where u are wrong java is simply the best high level language out there

Attached: q35qnkhluid31.png (1000x1468, 329K)

Google employees use Java instead

But I'm reading a book about it just now.
C# is a really nice language, but fuck Windows and dealing with manual deploys due to pajeet.
At least with .NET Core I can use Linux and it's quite common to use Docker for deployment.

Kotlin is a better language, Java it's not. And with Kotlin you still have to deal with the bullshit of using Java libraries.
Where in .NET I know I can expect things to use IEnumerable and have out-of-the-box integration with LINQ, in Kotlin I got this fuckery of custom methods, Streams, and the kotlin.collections functions (e.g. JDBI) due to how long they took to add the Streams. It was only natural that every library author *solved* the problem their own way.
And I still don't understand why they went with type erasure instead of doing what C# did: leave the non-generic collections as they were and add generic collections separately.

Google literally ditched Java for Kotlin

The first scope wasn't closed properly thats why the issue is coming up. The second int x =1 is essentially in the same scope as the first if statement as a result.

they are not planning on doing WPF or winforms cross-platform, they will make them work on .NET Core 3 but you still can use it only on windows
they said something that this will be pain in the ass to make it cross-platform since its WPF tied to directX

Exactly. Retard.

They most definitely are you fucking retard

No cross platform GUI
Can't static compile binary with runtime
Inb4 mono

>int main(void)
>Returning error level 0
That's not how main(void) works, retard.

>what is CoreRT

You should stay away from programming, son.

Is the concept of scoping and local variable too hard for you?

> doesnt know theyre dropping the core name already

This is why Microsoft ecosystem is useless. It cant even figure out a name. Ill stick with java/spring

Except their backend is java like everyone else

int main(void) is correct. Read the standard.

More money in JavaScript.

telemetry

>Tfw using a .net project with asp.net for the backend, a shared library, a Xamarin iOS project, a Xamarin.Android Project, A WPF Project, a Gtk# Project, a Xamarin.Mac Project and even Blazor for the Web
>Sharing all the business logic, interfaces, viewmodels etc, but still get the fully native experience on all platforms, where you only have to implement views to talk to your shared viewmodels and some services for your DI container

Sweet Jesus, it's PERFECT. How did one language get everything so RIGHT, Jow Forums?

Wat is .Net core?
I like C# because I can make quick prototyping/shit apps with it.

>it only works in windose
So, it basically works anywhere, doesn't it?

You can try avalonia. I know it exists but I don't know if it's any good

Mobile app's UI is utter shit.

Good. Shadowing, swizzling and other retarded crap should be banned from this timeline.

>perfect
>OO first
>nullables
>no sum types
>preprocessor
>useless gadgets like LINQ query language so brainlets can have another layer over their ORM
nah
What bothers me way more though is how developing ASP takes an amazing amount of bloat in VS.

aren't hybrid mobile apps crap though

Yes, indeed they are. Hybrid mobile apps generally refer to web-based garbage, though. Shit that just uses a web view and then web frameworks like Ionic to display shit. Those are slow and feel bad and look awful.
There's also Xamarin Forms which uses the Native UI, but abstracts it behind a common interface. It's also pretty awful, though.

That's precisely why I like this approach so much: You write your views and all services natively. Instead of some "one size fits all" bullshit that is KNOWN to produce sub-par shit applications in the real world, you use the native toolkit for each platform, but share as much of the business logic as you can and even the general flow and view state via common view models.

Share what makes sense, but not more. C# with the MVVM pattern makes that way easier than anything else.

>Hybrid mobile apps

The modern buzzword is Progressive Web Application (PWA). t. someone who wrote a shitty master's thesis about that garbage

Is there a linux-centric dotnet core tutorial? Every c# tutorial I've seen assume a windows w/ visual studio setup; I've 0 programming knowledge.

var y = String.format("{356}", "lol"); // 0 errors, 0 warnings

No, that's something else. A Progressive Web App is a Google marketing term for an installable website that works offline (in part).

Hybrid Web Apps are actual apps, except the only thing they ever show is a web view.
That gives them further permissions that websites can't request, like Geofencing, Background execution, Push Notifications (Web Push doesn't work on iOS Safari),

there's dotnet for linux,
it's literally something like:
sudo apt-get install dotnet

and when node

dotnet run

hybrid mobile apps are apps made in combination with native technology + something else like react native/flutter/xamarin

going full xahamrin/flutter/react-native is retarded though