>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more
prev

Attached: firefox_2019-07-26_22-55-16.jpg (2964x1666, 399K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ddYJvn
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-3000-turbo-boost-frequency-analysis,6253.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/sgf7cY
logicalincrements.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hit me with the budget build using a b350, must use a b350 and be overclockable

>sekrit sauce is here guize
>a-any second now

Attached: 1564548001630.png (640x632, 53K)

I'm retarded and I need help. Could I get away with anything cheaper in this? pcpartpicker.com/list/ddYJvn

That's the problem for me though. With the other parts I have a good enough picture of what I want/need but I have no idea what I need in regards to the motherboard. Only thing I know is that I at least want to be able to overclock and it being a z390. And even then I'll probably not overclock anytime soon. Just when the pc is a bit older.

>300 million
Good lord what are they doing

Are only the MSI BIOSes cut down or did the other Motherboard manufacturers also had to do this but weren't as open about it as MSI?

What could be a good air cooler / AIO cooler for a Ryzen 7 3700X?

Which are some respectable, always reliable brands when it comes to cooling solutions?

seconded
i really want to know

My free amazon doesn't end for a while so fuckem
No wonder their chips are overpriced

holy fuck that answer
>giving millions to scam artists like Anita Sarkeesian while cutting 12,000 jobs "ensure[s] that we have the highest performing teams possible".
Anyway, off topic either way.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/ddYJvn
>make it cheaper
Cheaper cooler like the Gammaxx 400. Or if you're going to spend $35, get something better like the Purerock or Freezer 33.
Remove the SSD and HDD. Replace it with a 1TB SU800.
Replace the GPU with a cheaper and better RX 5700.
Should be able to find a decent PSU, maybe in a day or two on sale, for $55.
Cheaper board like the Mortar, Steel Legend, TUF PRO.

There now it's both cheaper and better.

The stock one.

Based AMD

tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-3000-turbo-boost-frequency-analysis,6253.html

TLDR
>only one of Ryzen 3xxx cores is capable of reaching advertised boost frequency

>Remove the SSD and HDD. Replace it with a 1TB SU800.
Shouldn't I get one SSD for games?
>Replace the GPU with a cheaper and better RX 5700.
Well, this isn't cheaper in my country, but it's also not that much more expensive. But I thought Radeon was much worse than Nvidia, or is that just a meme? Thanks btw.

LMAO I see IDF is working extra hours

COPE

nah 16mb rom is more than enough if most modern motherboard manufacturers dont bloat up thier rom with all the faggot ass gui, mouse support or rgb bullshit like it was back in the days.

>Shouldn't I get one SSD for games?
Yes anything that takes to piss to load up really, like windows just leave 25% of spare space

Uhh? You can use one SSD for both games and OS.
Even if you're using StoreMi, it's inadvisable to use a HDD at all with how cheap SSDs are now.
Don't know what you're asking.

>only 1 core is all AMD and Intel advised as hitting max boost speed
fuck off retard.

isn't intel American?

>core boosts and temp spikes when moving the mouse is 'expected behaviour'
When will AMDrones learn?

god I hate brandfags

My bad, I thought that 1 TB one wasn't SSD. And I see this Radeon benchmarks even better tha nthe 2060 Super.

all of this will be sorted out...
with the 4xxx series :^)

any vega 56 users here?
what oc/uv numbers you getting?

I hate non answers like this. It's like the amd shill bot answers here, they don't even read what you asked and don't respond to it and rather just shitpost, but in this case PR speak non answers.

>any vega 56 users here?
Yes
>what oc/uv numbers you getting?
Entirely depends on what noise/heat/inefficency you are okay with.

Will we ever see the gtx1060 drop to rx570 price?

My Gigabyte card died after 6 years. Any long term experiences with EVGA?

yeah
when PCIe slots will become obsolete

pcpartpicker.com/list/sgf7cY

you can go even cheaper if you pick a different mobo, case, and gpu, but those are just preferences

never buy niggabyte GPU
never

Alright ni/g/gas, I want a new graphics card. I usually go for AMD. But when I compare the Radeon VII to the 2080, it's just not worth it based on price/performance. I have a Asus VP28UGQ that has freesync. Does anyone know if the adaptive sync will work with an Nvidia card?

radeon 7 is the absolute worst value card for gaming. Even 2080ti as overpriced as it is, gives you better value.

I decided against waiting for the new Threadrippers.
So, to check one last time, is this a good build?

Only thing I personally would want to change is the GPU, so I can use CUDA for calculation, but 2080ti is a bit old and I think it's better to wait for the next year's lineup.

Attached: pc.png (1658x1393, 524K)

do you test boot your parts before putting them in the case

Lads I need your help, should I buy a used perfect condition Lian Li O11 Dynamic for 91$ USD or an NZXT H500 new for 76$ USD?

look for 5700xt vs 2070s
better fps per $ than radeon7
also 5700xt is the one with best value

>And I see this Radeon benchmarks even better tha nthe 2060 Super
Yes, exactly. Cheaper and better. It's more around 2070 perf yet 2060 price.
It'll probably get even better still with driver updates since it's brand new.

You can get the 5700 for $250 from Microcenter if you have one near by, too.

1030mv(-120mv), 1560mhz (-3%), and 935MHz on Hynix HBM with my Red Dragon.
Most games I play at 2560x1600@60 like 2 point hospitol, ONI, r6 siege, Mechanicus, Underlords, etc, only draw around 25-110W and I never even hear the fans come on over the insulation of my case. I can't hear them over my quiet Arctic and Noctua fans which are also muffled by the case. But if I let it run flat out without framerate cap it's around 140-210W.

I can't use the new driver with anti-lag yet because 19.7.2 was unstable. Haven't tried 19.7.3 or 19.7.4 yet I'm just gonna wait for a non-beta("optional") driver.

5700XT, replace the cooler, and overclock. Hell you can get a 5700XT and custom loop watercooling setup for the price of a RVII/2080. I would only consider the VII for productivity, not games. Navi is a vastly better gaming architecture.
>50% more expensive for a 35% performance increase is better value
No it's not you retarded shill

Why would you even want that? Turing and Navi are vastly better architectures than Pascal.

>800€ for RAM
>800€ for MB
Just no.

Attached: 300px-Professional_Retard.jpg (300x310, 17K)

if you're willing to pay 800eur for ram then you should consider quadro 8000 for gpu

Hurensohn spreng dich weg

the lian li cases are cool but be warned they don't have enough clearance for a fat cooler like an nh-d15. I returned my O11 air for that reason.
If you're water cooling or have an aio it's fine though

Yeah that's the conclusion I sadly made. I don't really like Nvidia cards that much since I always have bad experiences with them. But this time I can't really get around it. But I find the adaptive sync pretty important. I heard that some freesync monitors work with Nvidia cards, but I'm unsure about mine.

jesus, money no brain

Sapphire Pulse
runs well. Think I may have a good quality chip in there.

Attached: SharedScreenshot.jpg (1920x1080, 129K)

Not the same user, but i'm considering buying one and i wonder how was the air flow of the case? Were the thermals good or bad? i live in a tropical island so thermals are very important to me.

>800€ for RAM
That's the only one with

I never ended up building in it since I changed my mind so early on in the process. I looked at the gamersnexus review numbers beforehand and they showed that the O11 air has fantastic airflow as long as you change the stock mesh filter which is awful. Can't speak for the dynamic

then drop the 5700xt and get yourself a 2080ti
it's vastly superior

Ok, I'll think about that.

Could you also recommend any Freesync2 monitors with IPS and 110PPI minimum?

what the FUCK. That's much better results than I got on my RX580 Nitro+ SE. Does it really even hit 1652 though?

You're being memed. Your build is fine except I'm not sure I'd spend that money for "the best board" even if I had it.
Your memory choice is fine if you really need that much memory and for it to also be fast.

GPU is going to depend on workload.
For video editing, 5700XT tends to be either 2080 or 2080Ti perf depending on task.
For CUDA, you obviously need CUDA (though lots of software has been transitioning to OpenCL lately).
You might want to just get a 5700XT now and add on a 7nm Nvidia GPU next year if it turns out to be worthwhile to upgrade or have both for different workloads.

It's not out yet, but the VG32VQ.

That's a Vega 56, not a RX580. And it averages out at about 1600-1620 Mhz while occassionally spiking to 1652 Mhz, depending on the workload.

Oh well, guess i'll look into GN review then.

Thanks anyways, user!

Why spend 800 merkel marks on a mobo?
I dont get it

if you get a 2080ti you shouldn't be looking for freesync monitors but gsync monitors instead
>For video editing, 5700XT tends to be either 2080 or 2080Ti perf depending on task.
pls stop shitposting
if you want to shill an amd gpu so hard at least tell him to wait for big navi

Oh right I forgot the Pulse is also a Vega 56 and not just Polaris.

Memes. It's the best collection of components ever put on a motherboard. Look at Buildzoid's video on it.
I think it makes sense only as a collectors item.

That retardanon clearly doesn't know what he's talking about when he thinks you can't use Freesync with Nvidia GPUs. Clearly out of the loop and hasn't looked at 5700XT productivity benchmarks, and is just blindly shilling.

>"the best board" e
I had a couple die on me in the past.
I just want good power delivery and 2 M.2s to be honest.
>You might want to just get a 5700XT now and add on a 7nm Nvidia GPU next year if it turns out to be worthwhile
That's what I was thinking about.
I do need CUDA for Tensorflow-GPU, but they seem to be implementing OpenCL support.

>It's not out yet, but the VG32VQ.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

>if you get a 2080ti you shouldn't be looking for freesync monitors but gsync monitors instead
Fuck GSync.
It works with freesync now.

I'm glad modern video games are shit.
I'll be using my i5 4690k and 970 until they (or I) die.

>bought a psu 99.90 eur
>it drops to 93.99eur one week later
should i return it and rebuy it? i mean my build can't be used until i get a 5700xt aib

Attached: 1562776456987.gif (570x537, 58K)

This
RIP R7 260X

>tfw stuck on my 1600 regular while my 3800x sits nearby
>because I don't want to update my BIOS and use the stock cooler while I have a better one in the mail

Is this laziness or is it objectively smarter to not fuck around with a cooler I'm not going to lose?

Attached: Potatoes eating potatoes.jpg (1084x692, 76K)

its 6 euros dear user, is the hassle of shipping it to them worth it for you?

i'm a turbo penny pincher
but i guess i should just admit my defeat on that one

Some of the b450 and x470 boards are going for the same price as the x570 mobos should I just go for a x570?, I'll be using a 3700x by the way

% more expensive for a 35% performance increase is better value
>No it's not you retarded shill
You have some nerve to tell me that AMD shill, but thats the reality of things radeon 7 is the absolute WORST value card for gaming. People who get that card for only gaming are 100% unironically retarded as 2080ti would give them better value.
Even more so if you are upgrading form a 570 tier card or 970.
Anybody reccomending radeon 7 to gamers is downright malicious or an AMD stock holder.

>Yeah that's the conclusion I sadly made.
Sadly.
>I heard that some freesync monitors work with Nvidia cards, but I'm unsure about mine.
Which monitor and have you looked up internet reviews to see what they say about your specific monitor?

Any monitor experts here?
I wanna know if any major price cuts or good budget options at 1440p/4k are coming soon

I'm looking for a new DDR3 mobo for my home server. Needs to have a socket that supports processors with hyperthreading while also being decently power efficient. What's the cheapest option that satisfies this?

I'm planning on buying a graphics card as a present for my sister. She doesn't play games that much but she wants to try out the games in my Steam library on her own computer.
>i5 8400
>8GB RAM
>AsRock Z370 Extreme4
>Seasonic 520w non-modular PSU
Any good graphics cards under 400 or 300 dollars?

judging by voltages you set, the frequencies and so on, you are breaking multiple rules of vega undervolting. I have high doubts that thing runs stable while actually undervolting.
It's either not undervolting or unstable as fuck.

gtx 750ti, around £100 and still plays anything today smoothly enough, even if it not the highest settings

logicalincrements.com

Fuck OP AMD drone, long live Falcon.

does there exist a "maximum safe voltage" for cpus or does it depend on cooling performance?

yes there exists a maximum voltage.
Cooling only changes the damage based on heat generation.
But electron migration will still happen if you push silicon past it's intended limits.

I have the Asus VP28UGQ. I heard it's okay, but people have some issues with it. But as others have suggested, I think I'll be waiting on aib 5700XT. I know the adaptive sync will work, and it's cheaper. Downside is it won't run 4K like I want

>the absolute state of modern corporations

Why is the OP still dishonestly shilling AMD shit beyond what is reasonable?
9900K is a good choice if you want a highend gaming build and even the 9700K is an alright choice if you're planning on mainly emulating shit or playing older games.

i feel like a major autist for considering spending $430 aud to swap from mATX to itx when my pc works and functions fine, the money should be spent towards a 5700xt but why is itx so cool?

You can find RX 580 for that money.

I never understood some people's obsession with making shit as small as possible, i think massive monster PCs look far cooler.

Attached: ITX.gif (680x315, 106K)

Asrock AB350M Pro4
Ryzen 2600
16gb Aegis 3000mhz ram
Used GTX 1070
Some generic MATX case for 30$
WD green M.2 SSD
4tb WD blue storage drive
Cooler master masterbuild 550w psu

that shud run at about 650~700$, change the 1070 to a 1060(3gb is 100$ or below used) if you are short on cash and play at 1080p

>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing

wut? the 3700X is better than the 1700X in every task, scratch the 1700X from the list completely (or rank it lower atleast)

>buying 1060 3gb over rx 580
lmao

I believe the emphasis there is on "budget", of course the 3700X destroys a 2 year older version of itself.

R7 1700x is a BUDGET cpu for video editing. Surely, 3700x is faster but more expensive.

if you are okay with waiting, you should always do that.

lol, get help my man, you clearly have troubles in your life and are attempting to keep your mind busy buy shuffling around what isn't needed while also spending too much money for it.

Is logical increment's mice list ok and/or updated?

5700 ref model out
now u can finally have that disgusting shit in 4k build lol

also why cheaping out on nvme? get 2x2tb

Attached: oK3eiGy9jsq00zYH.jpg (794x485, 69K)

thats changed my mind

i think it'd look cool, mATX is more than i need but ill wait to see if cunts release good looking x570 boards.

pretty much, i keep looking for ways to spend money to satisfy me in the short term which is stupid, but i have good will power to not buy anything i want at any time.

i figures as much, but the order of the cpu makes it look like its above the 37X and below the 39X when its on par w/ a 3600

what's the max daily voltage of 9700k?

fuck that looks poo, the asrock card is the only good looking one i've seen so far.

better avalibility and costs less, seeing some for 80$ on the used market and they perform very well (used one for almost 2 years)

I got a cheap CiT case off amazon

>pretty much, i keep looking for ways to spend money to satisfy me in the short term which is stupid, but i have good will power to not buy anything i want at any time.
Looking is fine, but I suggest you find something else to do, like a hobby, take up painting or exercise.

that's gonna be a yikes for me chief
even asrock does it better
guess it's going to be sapphire for me

>not out yet, but the VG32VQ
>32" 2560x1440
Is there anything either exactly like this in 27" or with more horizontal resolution?
27" is the absolute maximum for 1440p

yes but i wouldn't get the cheapest ones bexause they are really stripped down

>asrock
>amd
>gpu
HAHAHAHHAHAHA

>AMD are now gimping performance just because retards don't understand voltages
Convince me not to return my 3600 setup and go with intel instead.