Why is developing android apps so fucking cancerous...

why is developing android apps so fucking cancerous? android studio is so cancerous it's ridiculous jetbrains ides are usually my favorite but android studio is so bad literally everytime i stop running the emulator my pc lags for 10 seconds even though i have 16gb ram and i7 4790k im so fucking mad

Attached: TRASH.jpg (237x213, 5K)

You're not supposed to use the emulator brainlet, you're supposed to test your apps on a real phone

fuck off the emulator is there for a reason fuck face

Attached: 1563358890191.png (1080x1020, 475K)

Why aren't you using a real device?

i'm using ios i ditched android long time ago but im too cheap to buy a macbook to develop an app for ios

Attached: 59ca65fefca6e427008b4776-750-563.jpg (750x563, 56K)

because android is cancer
ios too
everything is pajeet cancer

go back to html "dev" then scrub

Thank you for your contribution

Typical braindead itoddler

you're welcome

lmao fuck off i'm braindead for using the provided emulator yea

Attached: 1564438987871.jpg (561x798, 66K)

Unironically yes. It's common knowledge in the Android dev community that the emulator is shit

so i have to buy an android phone to be able to properly develop an app lol it's literally the same as apple where you have to buy a macbook to develop stop shilling android and loonix you fuck face

Attached: 1564100153488s.jpg (250x223, 6K)

GNU HURD WILL KILL YOU ALL

The difference is you can buy a used android phone for $50 and you still get the latest firmware.

just download a proper android emulator on your pc retard

such as?

What phone is that?

LG G2 or G3 with Lineage OS

Are you sure HYPER-V is enabled in your Bios? Most retards who have emulator lag issues have it off.

VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player running androidx86

>i'm using ios
> i ditched android long time ago

but you want to develop for android?

for some reason this reminds me of the TISM song "The Ballad of the Semitic Nazi".

just use flutter with hot reload breh

>everytime i stop running the emulator my pc lags for 10 seconds even though i have 16gb ram and i7 4790k im so fucking mad

try this: find, and then stop, the processes that run facebook, skype, twitter, instagram, discord, mastodon, steam and ALL THAT OTHER POINTLESS SHIT you're running in the background. then try again.

facepalm

>need to ungoogled a fucking emulator just for it to work
iOS doesn't have this kind of bug.

The brainlet your responding to is talking about OP's PC.

bump, need to save the thread for my question

Is there an alternative setup that can replace android studio?

I mean, running gradle on my console, running the app on my phone and editing the code on a lighter code editor. Is there a guide for this or do I need to figure it out myself?

I have 4gb of ram and android studio is overwhelming my laptop, but I have the back-end of my chat app almost finished and I rather code it in java or kotlin than in react native.

The emulator is perfectly fine unless you need to debug bluetooth of NFC code which the emulator doesn't emulate yet.
Also why are you starting and stopping the emulator you retard. Starting the emulator is an expensive operation, you start it and keep it running until you finish debugging.

File -> power save mode will run it faster.
But make sure your settings are giving it at least 1 GB RAM (Help > Edit Custom VM Options)

it runs without a hiccup on my x1 carbon kaby lake i5 w/ 16gb. Look up the VM options to increase heap usage. The default config never used more than like 3 gigs of RAM between the IDE and the emulator. Once you configure it to use more RAM it flies.

With 4GB he is going to struggle. Developing you would be running at least:
>Android Studio: 900 MB
>Emulator: 1.3 GB
>Firefox: 500 MB / Chrome 0.8-1 GB to search documentation and Stack Overflow
It is probably 3 GB, so there is 1 GB remaining for the OS and I bet he is using windows.

thanks, will try

install Eclipse

it runs just fine on my dinosaur with 4 gigs of RAM because I'm not retarded enough to use an emulator