/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

How the fuck do I fix 0x80072EE2 update error on 1511 edition

Welcome to /fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about Windows and share their experiences.

This is NOT Windows vs any other OS thread.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Windows Thread ***

Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips and tricks that make your life with Windows (more) bearable (or even pleasant).

>Choosing, downloading, installing, activating windows / office
rentry.co/fwt

>LTSC 2019 ISO optimization & debloating
rentry.co/ltsc_optimized

>recommended windows software (infograph)
s1.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/g/image/1562/46/1562467997749.png (embed)

>windows 7 updates to avoid
pastebin.com/a1htBUby (embed)

Attached: bsod.png (750x750, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/namazso/SecureUxTheme
rentry.co/WindowsWimCustomization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1903 isn't too bad. Dunno why you guys were so anal about it last thread.

>1903
When does LTSC get it?

LTSC's next version is in 2 years I think

Whats the point of LTSC in the OP then? Why not go for PROFESSIONAL from the beginning?

Attached: 1403973588142.jpg (698x672, 26K)

Are you really that friendly?

Was I right to use HWIDGEN on my dad's new computer?

yes, for normies HWIDgen works perfecty, they can't break it no matter the reinstalls or AVs they install

Been using Linux for 2 years now but thinking of moving to lstc in hopes it literally just werks and program compatibility with no performance loss. Is windows 10 as bad as I remember?

Home and Professional are probably worse than you remember. LTSC is sort of ok though

how to you manage ur accounts?
use only admin, or create regular user for daily usage?

Do you guys recommend updating to 1903 before I clone my drive to a larger SSD or does it really not matter?

use admin, UAC is there for a reason.
although i fucking hate the darkening effect so i disabled that

>Follow LTSC Optimized guide
>Use W10UI to get an updated iso
>Run the LTSC Optimize script on that iso
>No errors occurred
>install the final iso
>it's just normal LTSC, all the apps I told it to delete are still there

What the fuck am I doing wrong? Or does the script not actually do anything? Did it just pretend to make an iso and use all that processing power to mine bitcoins?

Attached: reeeeee.jpg (900x900, 43K)

Because Jow Forums is fillet with retards, user.
They can't just go for your regular Windows, you don't understand.

doesn't really matter, cloning can p much never go wrong
what you should do however is sticking the ssd in and install drivers before cloning

I'm just about finished with Win 10 bros. I've only been using it a year since I moved from Win 7 and I really can't do this to myself anymore. I have to admit I'm going to miss the pretty landscape photos at login and PowerShell has been good to me.

Attached: 1563546422463.jpg (1536x2048, 275K)

>What the fuck am I doing wrong?
there's a good chance you're not doing anything wrong. Bloat repopulating after deleting the apps is a commonly reported issue.

not on ltsc tho

it's called Long Term Support for a reason
instead of getting feature updates every 6 months, along with the potential issues with them, LTS* gets feature updates every 3 years, so in theory, should just werk for longer
note that LTS* still gets security updates, so it's not just "an old version" in the typical sense

Install Kubuntu

Why the fuck do people keep using the edited shill infographic in the OP?
mpv.net was never there in the first place and the guy got caught trying to cover it up yet you dumb fucks keep using it.

I'm streaming on a brand new surface pro 6 Amazon Prime and it shutter very frequently with chrome....Even my fucking phone can do it effortlessly.

Any idea how to fix it ? No Amazon Prime app on windows 10

What the hell are you talking about?

Try Firefox, edge, edge chromium?

it was actually added in 1.3, look for posts by the trip

i'm going to get myself a r5 2600 with the new 5700xt gpu
which distro should i get and if possible can i get ltsc considering my gpu is fairly recent?

try edge, for some reason it has good codec support, its the only browser i know that plays hevc for example

don't worry, it'll be based on chromium soon

Will do. Thanks.

Hey /fwt/ I made software

github.com/namazso/SecureUxTheme

any suggestions or anything?

Post it on mdl/nsane/msfn and get those loons to try to break it.

I had LTSB a few years ago, then i went with Pro since i had a free key given to my by uncle (a 100% legit key, keep in mind).
1 month passes by, and then my ssd (where only my OS was installed) kept filling itself slowly for no godknown reason.
Every fucking second, i refreshed windows explorer to see the "disk used" bar fill up pixel by pixel until it eventually got to 100%.
I tried various fixes, 3000 forums in 4 different languages and nothing, no fucking answer.
Eventually, bindoews just stopped working at all after the 1048th reboot. No start bar, no background, no icons, only the cursor and the inability to do anything (not even open the Run program or the task manager).
That's when i switched back to pirated LTSC (who apparently had changed name for no apparent reason) and haven't looked back since. Now it has been almost a year and not a single fucking problem (except for the fact that it's still windows)

>I'd be more than happy to see anyone coming and presenting recent years facts.
>In other words, I would love to see someone using Windows 10 LTSB/C with a good telemetry disabling powershell script applied and showing up here a Wireshark test. THAT is the only presentable proof to discredit Windows 10 as a whole as far as I am concerned.

Is anyone up for it?

is there no dedicated windows theming or whatever forum?

theres bunch of stuff you'd need to change that impact users. like connectivity check, dns, upnp, windows update (disabling this one is retarded), etc..

i was t hinking of making a kernel driver instead and dumping stack trace for all connections. then i can much more easily categorize connections, and try to develop a perfect debotnet tool

I have the dumbest issue and have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Bought a laptop secondhand, Lenovo, i7 8gb ram, ssd yada yada. Anywhere from 15 seconds to 10 mins after boot win7 64bit my mouse starts behaving weirdly. Sometimes won't left click, often won't right click but randomly will. When I try and interface with anything using it (browser, file explorer, Spotify, reaper etc) about 5% of the time it will click where I want it to, the rest of the time it greys out the window as if I've tabbed to something else. Issue is persistent with both trackpad and my Logitech mouse. Tried every driver install and proprietary software fix in case it was something Logitech was buggering up, clean installed Windows twice and nothing is fixing it. Laptop also worked perfectly for a week before this issue began, I installed everything I needed on day 1 so it's not like this happened after I installed anything dodgy. Google has sweet fuck all for me, any chance you guys might be able to help? Oh and obviously the processor can run 64 bit win7.

try disconnectng touchpad and test if issue persists

if no, your touchpad is faulty

Issue persists with both touchpad and mouse, and with touchpad disconnected, cheers though. Any other ideas?

test it on some random live linux distro

Fuck me, it works. What does this mean? Unfortunately I can't just use Linux because I'm using it for production stuff and all the software is windows only

that its probably software failure. either some software messing your mouse (shitty viruses can do that to keep the computer awake, i've seen this happen) or some sort of driver problem

I tried the whole process again and it worked, apparently I'm just retarded

So the LTSC Optimized removes Defender, presumably with good reason.
I'm all about the Common Sense Defense, but I'd still like SOMETHING capable of scanning and detecting stuff... what's the best antivirus Jow Forums can recommend for windows 10?

Eset Antivirus

ClamWin

- Still using 8.1 (with license key from college). Are there any reasons why should I jump into Windows 10?
- If anyone interested how to customize .wim image I just made this rentry.co/WindowsWimCustomization

This, just put Enterprise

how can I make my volume buttons change my volume by an increment of 1 rather than 2 and how can I make it continue to increase by 1 when held down rather than jumps of 8 or 10

Attached: 1stWorld.jpg (1853x1042, 170K)

>When reboot is made and you are at the "Personalize" stage (OOB Wizard???)
OOBE
>(I am not absolutely certain, but you should copy the whole client directory to local disk)
doesn't matter, you can run it from a mounted iso, or smb share (if smb share, it will automatically map it if you tell it to recall and resume)

After fiddling around for a week with reinstalling Windows 8.1 Core over and over again on my Desktop in a perfectionist manner trying to get the most out of it i can, making it as tidy as possible, trying to get the Professional Edition, managing to get it only for the key to become black listed, leaving me with the original core OEM key again, doing loads of other things with magic in the meantime, I've decided to bite the bullet and try out Windows 10. I already have it on a Yoga 11e ThinkPad and it seems decent with the current version available, unless they ruin it further.

I already considered getting LTSC but I need the features from the latest update, and i always typically roll with a Professional Edition of Windows to meet my demands. Although i do have everything i need to install LTSC, I'm more convinced towards getting Professional and then Professional for Workstations. I intend to get an ESD retail copy of Windows 8.1 Professional from Soft360 since it's cheaper compared to getting an outright Windows 10 license. I might consider getting two copies, one for my current system, and the other for my upcoming build. Although i could just leave this current build with Home and go straight for the Professional Edition on my upcoming build as to avoid further activation autism.

What am i in for? Will my 2013 software and drivers, and CD content work? Is right and i have nothing to worry about? Will WinAero tweaker be enough to tailor the OS's Interface and appearance to my liking? Or should i continue my staunch stance against Windows 10, or just go with Debian?

Attached: 0b8lN1N.gif (129x111, 59K)

why don't you just pirate? pirating would open up the possibility of Education edition.

Can someone redpill me on W10 Education?
When I first read it, I thought it would be a piece of sht on the same level of Windows 10S (you know, that version of W10 that didn't have win32/win64 compatibility and could only open UWP apps or smth?), but now I'm reading that it's basically the Enterprise version...?

it is basically enterprise, minus ads in start menu

Are there any 3rd party SSD optimizer/trimmer? I remember lots of defragmenters but I've seen 0 trimmers

You don't need that

Is it possible to manually install 1903 on an LTSC system?

You can do a clean install, but not an upgrade.

A clean install of LTSC with update 1903 integrated? Do you know where I can find an ISO of that?

Nowhere. Best you can do is get a LTSC 2019 ISO with the latest security updates. It just won't have the feature updates in the 1903 build.

The problem is I want the Zen 2 scheduler update/fix that comes with 1903 because I want to install it on a new Ryzen 3700 build.

Then I suggest you find a Windows 10 Enterprise 1903 Build.

How close is Enterprise to LTSC in terms of allowing you to debloat and debotnet it as much as possible? Is Enterprise the next best thing to LTSC?

Professional is for beta testers. LTSC is for people who want something to work fine. You get security and bug fix updates, which is what's mostly needed. I have had a better experience with Windows over the years by installing the previous version to the latest available at any given time, and all sorts of trouble by updating to the newest early on, because Microsoft doesn't fucking understand that if something ain't broken there is no need to go and try to fix it.

Personally I use LTSC precisely because of that, and because it doesn't include stuff that I do not use. And you'd be surprised to find how many people would do just fine with LTSC. 1903 at the moment has some weird shit going on with AMD drivers and on my system, some latency/sound related issues as well. All I get in exchange is a light theme, a sandbox and the ability to use the xbox PC pass thing. Definitely not worth it.

You haven't tried consumer versions of Windows 10, I see. Pro and others are bloated with too many shit, they have gotten many new feature updates that break shit and are just overall harder to mantain and tweak.
LTSC gets everything ready and just works. Way less bloated and guaranteed security updates for 10 years.

yes, enterprise or education.
later doesn't get ads in start menu by default, but i assume you'd disable that anyways so not like it matters

Does LTSB/C not get these kind of patches?

>battered wife syndrome, the thread

Enterprise is just Pro with a few more options and the ability to disable Cortana / set telemetry to a security level. You're not gonna have a decent time trying to get Enterprise to be an equivalent to LTSC, though you can still remove a lot of shit from it. Just know that whether it's LTSC or Enterprise, there are things you can disable or remove that -will- break things that you might use in the future. It's tiresome to have to explain to people that they should read what the fuck something does before they go and remove it, and Windows 10 is really fucking finicky.

Count On your Family to solve your Problems
Bitch

Does anyone know how big the performance gains are with a Ryzen 3700x in 1809 vs 1903? How much am I missing out on if I just stick with LTSC?

very low IQ question but is it fine to let LTSC auto update(cumulative, definitions, etc)?

No, only security updates.

It's advertised to be up to a 15% boost in performance, but I have no idea

You don't fucking understand do you? It's just like in Linux, LTSC is your Long Term Support with really no bullshit problems for the software and the OS itself with security updates every now and then, the average joe versions you get with your computers are like the latest stable releases in GNU/LInux, it works but you know you will find a bunch of stupid fucking bugs and shit breaking for no reason, while getting obligatory updates shoved in your asshole because the last was dogshit.

KDE is ass, install Ubuntu Mate

I haven't been following Windows 10 since it's release, I know back then there were tons of different tools to remove the botnet as much as possible, remove ads, make it a not-shit as possible, etc. So if I use Enterprise instead of LTSC for the sake of the Zen 2 scheduler improvements, what is the latest/best way to remove the botnet and increase privacy settings as much as possible? What are the Jow Forums approved tools these days?

Why is Virtualbox such a slow shitshow? I want to use it since it's open source but it's ass compared to VMWare. Which one do you guys use?

Wew lad, then the OP should be shitched to allow more awareness to Enterprise/Education, since Jow Forums likes Ryzen so much and Zen 2 is going to be adopted a lot. Using LTSC is not recommended then... Unless these patches are shared standalone or something.

What a fucking mess. It was to

Yea I really hope some Russian figures out how to manually integrate the scheduler fix into LTSC 2019. LTSC 2021 is a long time off. I know the whole point of LTSC is NOT to get updates, but in this case it sucks not to have,

That was malware you dingus

>amd
>drivers

need ideas how to fix this crap
>Ryzen 2600 / ASUS Prime B350 Plus / R9 280X
>install graphics driver on Windows 7 (originally installed on I5-3470 and HD6850)
>Radeon software crashes on system boot but otherwise everything seems to work
>can't (re)install AMD software because the installer crashes. can manually update graphics driver
>install Win 8.1
>bsod with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE in first reboot after installing the graphics driver

Attached: 1358763103511.gif (400x289, 24K)

stupid fucking imbecile

w10privacy or wpd.app

hello frends

Attached: B2FC1EF6-7ABE-4BAC-828B-82CAC41543A0.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

ruri is hot

I installed Windows 10 Enterprise and it takes 15gb storage. Is there a way to reduce this size? What happens if I randomly delete stuff in the winsxs folder?

bros please im shedding tears

fren

Attached: launcher.png (2560x1440, 2.02M)

LTSC 2019 is the only right choice when using Windows 10.

Attached: ltsc.png (2560x1440, 767K)

using windows 1. i've been modding this game recently and there's a huge folder of small images and every time i go to open a file with gimp the thing freezes for many seconds and sometimes crashes.
is there anything i can do ease up the loading?

Attached: 1534018778322.png (1280x1942, 517K)

no
broken sfc and win update

hey qt

(Checked)
It's literally a 2% improvement. The tiniest overclock of your CPU or RAM - and there's your "scheduler update".

It's based on some nasty widget set from Loonixland, so yeah, it's as slow as a wet weekend. I personally use Hyper-V, which is built into Windows these days, and QEMU for weird (but lightweight) shit when I don't feel like radically altering how my computer works on a basic level (which type 1 hypervisors do).

What is the registry key or group policy setting that makes Windows 10 just notify about updates instead of automatically downloading and installing them?

depends what youre after, personally use vmware for malware analysis and bochs / qemu for fuzzing and coverage. vbox is pretty useless these days and anyone that says otherwise is a freetard that enjoys vm escapes

asked before and forgot what the software was called what was the tool that added the drivers to a win7 iso for use on ryzen boards, it was by asus i think

Doing the
>LTSC 2019 ISO optimization & debloating
After using the W10UI tool, I don't know where it exports the .iso
Any clues?

hola amigo

Attached: xp10.png (1366x768, 1.16M)