What's the point of using OpenBSD or Linux if you use firefox...

What's the point of using OpenBSD or Linux if you use firefox? You are not only open to marketing but they also track your actions like a camera following your steps 24/7
If you want privacy just get Pale Moon

Attached: 49].png (1045x580, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*blocks your path*
spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

Waterfox
Pale meme is trash dont shill it here

Pale Moon is so fucking bad, it's actually incredible. Firefox can be set up to be privacy focused.
That site is a meme.

>opt-in privacy
Yeah. I'll pass.

I'm using Linux cause it uses less resources than windows, only pedos care about privacy

All browsers are botnet except lynx

>Lynx
>browser
Try again.

I thought all you Linux and privacyfags were all about making things more difficult than they need to be.

>That site is a meme.
I agree, but their guide is topnotch. FF makes no unsolicited requests after applying those settings.

>trannyfox bad so use my furry(tranny)fox branch that very gud
Fuck off and yiff yourself to death you degenerate cunt along with the rest of trannyfox.

As long as it's not going to google its fine by me

>If you want privacy just get Pale Moon
with their malware infested installers?
bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Privacy is a myth.

>pale moon
>blocks adnauseam
Yeah, I'll pass.

Must be fun being a manchild.

Sure if you say so

how is it not one?

>>>Lynx
>>browser
>Lynx is a customizable text-based web browser for use on cursor-addressable character cell terminals.

user, I...
A Googletard got the original pic and replaced Chrome and Google with Firefox and Mozilla.

Firefox still does the same shit which is why you have 300+ about:config settings to turn it off

Firefox is more botnet than Chrome by now

This but unironically.

>Firefox still does the same shit which is why you have 300+ about:config settings to turn it off
>300+
Less than 10. Actually 5 I think? Well, maybe 4. I can think in 4 parameters that are probably the most common changes that can break reCaptcha.

Retard/s.

Never forget Mr Robot and Flight Booking as on the New Tab page. When they ship out new build with inbuilt ads so the pesky Adblock don't block their partners' ads is when they lost me

Or installing the Mister Robot extension for everyone in a "promotion" or changing privacy settings randomly every other update or straight up resetting user settings to default to get more of that precious user data.

>What's the point of using OpenBSD or Linux?
ftfy

no. it doesn't, and it's not. if you think this then you are not only wrong, but a retarded mongrel.

to not get raped by Micro$oft

>Not using Darwin

what is google safe browsing
what is mozilla self repair
what is firefox health report
what is pocket (proprietary)
what is google search by default
what is auto updates
what is new tab stream
what is network captive portal service
what is mr. robot fiasco
what is extension certificate fiasco

if you want to see a retarded mongrel, find the nearest mirror in your mom's basement

I'm not gay

Until Mozilla resets those settings or adds new shit to keep track of, as they are known to do.
Install ungoogled-chromium
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html

Doesn't matter or didn't happen because Mozilla diversity shill#2347230423 said so duh

Nope I have 90 settings to disable random APIs, telemetry, experiments, etc. that can exposure your privacy. It’s fucking horrid. The good thing about Fedora is that they ship an up to date icecat, and I really wish debian would do the same.

>Nope I have 90 settings to disable random APIs, telemetry, experiments, etc. that can exposure your privacy.
So...? That doesn't change the fact that not every single one of those are needed to break reCaptcha, my dude.

>>what is google safe browsing
>what is mozilla self repair
>what is firefox health report
>what is pocket (proprietary)
>what is google search by default
>what is auto updates
>what is new tab stream
>what is network captive portal service
A list of "features" that you can disable with a good user.js file.

>>what is mr. robot fiasco
>An extension popped up in the extension list, which did nothing at all, but had a weird name that made people panic they had somehow gotten malware.

>And it was pushed as part of an unpaid marketing campaign for Mr. Robot. Which people thought was Mozilla cashing in big time by installing an extension they didn't want.
>It was done on a friendship basis. Mr. Robot has been pushing Firefox and so Mozilla wanted to give something back.
>This also resulted in a discussion of how it's unthinkable that Mozilla can install an extension without asking you.
Tldr; it was fucking nothing.

>what is extension certificate fiasco
An expired certification problem. A lot of websites usually come across it sooner or later too. Funnily enough, it happened right here in Jow Forums a few days ago.

>if you want to see a retarded mongrel, find the nearest mirror in your mom's basement
Right back at you, dumbass.

>what is mozilla self repair
This doesn't exist anymore, by the way. It's not Shield, which as I said in can be disabled with a good user.js file, or well, just flipping the relevant prefs in about:config

i.e.
user_pref("app.shield.optoutstudies.enabled", false);
user_pref("shield.savant.enabled", false);

what is user.js and about:config

dumbfaggot

>So...?
The point is, I need tons of about:config entries to even get firefox to a state where it doesn’t spy on me. It literally took an entire sunday evening to go through and search up each suspicious setting. Protip, there’s a shitload of them. Debian ships with ESR thank god, otherwise I would have to do this shit every few weeks.

I think I got extremely confused here. Wrong thread. It was my bad, sorry.
Yeah, you're definitely right though. You DO need a lot of about:config changes to make Firefox properly usable and not have it spy on you when taking a shit.
God bless the user.js file. Being able to drop it in the profile folder and never have to worry about anything again is very comfy.

The hell are you doing? Work smartly and rely on other autists doing the work for you
github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js

is chromium different from ungoogled-chromium, or is it just the shortened name?

> Ungoogled-chromium is a fork of Chrome that has all of Google's spyware removed.
s/Chrome/Chromium/

You can easily fix firefox and install all your favourite privacy/security addons (which pale moon does not support). Pale meme is also single-core so worthless on modern PCs.

Every single day...another daily browser thread...WTF.

Why don't I ever see comments or recommendations for EPIC.

I alternate between several browsers depending upon what I am doing on-line.

EPIC is my main go-to as it has a built in proxy/vpn and a default ad-blocker. Some sites will not access (like netflix). No big deal, I just switch over to IceDragon for that application.

The EPIC default search engine is ok, not great - but you can set up a home page with any search engine you want.

Attached: 5545779.jpg (586x417, 39K)

>"privacy browser"
>closed source

I mean if you want a free proxy just use Opera at that point, at least it has a decent logo

"your employer"

GNU IceCat has Tor Button by default. You can install tor button on chromium and firefoxium as well.

>Tidepod """"privacy focused"""" browser
>Glorified proxy
The absolute state of (You).

The FF code is also terrible for security. There's a reason why all the cybersecurity experts use a Chromium based browser.

Attached: 1560818386756.png (640x490, 592K)

explain please.

you are more tech than I.

I am here to learn.

whys that?

Firefox was not really designed with security in mind. Chromium was. For example, Chromium strictly limits the syscalls needed to function, while Firefox can do whatever the fuck it wants and is so poorly strung together that third party attempts to fix it using things like AppArmor, pledge/unveil, etc. barely do anything to limit its damage potential. Chromium is also heavily sandboxed while Firefox's sandboxing is borderline nonexistent on every platform that isn't Windows.

>Pale Meme

Interesting. But if this is the case, why does everyone privacy-oriented recommend Firefox?