What’s unanimously considered by Jow Forums to be the best music player...

What’s unanimously considered by Jow Forums to be the best music player? I’m just looking for something with good battery life and decent storage size. Is the Sony NW-A45 any good?

Pic related is the HiFiMan Supermini, it’s beautiful but I haven’t heard that many good things about the interface.

Attached: F1BAF40A-07CD-41EF-99D5-54C069E5047B.jpg (600x620, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archimago.blogspot.com/2016/09/retro-measure-2006-apple-ipod-classic.html
download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-build.html
iflash.xyz/
rockbox.org/wiki/WebHome?topic=IpodAccessories
themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=2631&target=ipod6g
m.banggood.com/1_8-Inch-8GB-250-Hours-Portable-MP3-Lossless-Music-Player-FMTF-Pedometer-Function-p-1219904.html?rmmds=search
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rockboxed ipod classic modded with microsd adapter and expanded battery
rockboxed sansa clip+

I've got a Sony NW-A45 I use with all of my headphones and iems, love it to death. Even has a USB DAC option so you can funnel audio from your computer through it.

Your phone. Having a seperate device is autism.

>best music player
your fucking phone you sperg

Attached: 1553675872803.gif (540x540, 279K)

dumb zoomers

Maybe you fucking retards will one day be in a position where streaming Spotify for 9 hours a day isn’t very feasible. I need something for work and I want to play FLACs without an issue.

This is what I needed to hear, thanks user. I’ll probably pick it up.

>using phone = streaming service
nigga my phone has a 1TB microSD card, i never stream from anywhere because i can keep my entire music library with me at all times LOL

Attached: 56dxpvnry9901.jpg (638x336, 32K)

Stupid niggers think phones can't play FLAC for some reason. Put your files on your phone, you don't need a seperate device.

Tell me why the DAC in a standalone device is any different than the DAC in a phone.

based

iPod Video 5.5g
>Great DAC
>Best Rockbox support
>Cheap
>Modular
>Upgradeable with up to four microSD cards for a total of 2TB of storage
>Replacement parts are readily avaliable and extremely inexpensive
>Fun to tinker with
>Great battery life, even more so with an extended aftermarket battery
>Only two people hate it in the entirety of Jow Forums; some retard who baked his old one and is buttmad about aome audio IC getting desoldered, and a literal shill for a chink audio company

Attached: LumPod.jpg (4592x3056, 2.63M)

Look, I just want a music player. My iphone SE sucks and I want something that can play music at work that doesn’t drain my phone battery or take up my storage space.

>iPhone SE
there's your problem. my device recommendation to fix all your stated issues is to get a real phone and ditch the toy

Attached: 13758903.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

>iphone SE

>IPhone SE
Fucking idiot.

iDiot

>Maybe you fucking retards will one day be in a position where streaming Spotify for 9 hours a day isn’t very feasible. I need something for work and I want to play FLACs without an issue.
Your phone?

>iPhone SE
>can't use phone as dap.
Ahaha Satania poster knew all along.

Some Android phones have really not so good DACs, but really the concern isn't so much the DAC these days but rather noisy or underpowered amplifiers. Although that was less of a concern for me when I bought my Walkman, my concern was more for battery life (don't want to waste phone battery on long flights, which I take fairly frequently), my phone not having a headphone jack, and the fact that I have 300GB of FLAC so not having to re-encode to AAC and keep two separate libraries anymore was really nice.
OP has an iPhone SE which actually has a good DAC/Amp onboard, but storage and battery would be the issues still presented for him.

Attached: audiophiles.jpg (3010x2000, 1.82M)

>just use your phone for music lol
>what your phone doesn't play flac?
my phone doesn't have expandable storage and i'm not about to convert or sort through hundreds of gigabytes of shit to decide what i'm going to keep on my phone
you guys laughing at OP for having an iphone should take a look at the android landscape because it isn't too much better on that front

If you autistic niggers really must know, I bought an SE because I wanted the cheapest and smallest modern phone I could find so I would be less distracted by it. I could go and buy whatever android device you guys all jerk off over but I’d rather have my shitty little phone that doesn’t do anything.

Besides, I’ve always wanted a dedicated music player. When my sister had the third generation iPod I always wanted one. I was going to buy one in fact but I’d rather go for something more modern. So thanks guys.

Get a phone with a good dac, and amp, or buy/build a cheap headphone amp you fucking retard.

You should have bought a zte axon 7 instead.

That's actually pretty damn cool.
What's a good price for a used one and are there any parts that usually break?
Does it matter if I get the thin or the thick version?
How do other iPod Video/Classic gens compare, are they equal in DAC quality, or does it have to be the A1136?

If you got a link to some reading material that would help a lot as well. Thanks in advance lad.

You bought a phone without expandable storage? You actually bought one that cannot be used as a standalone music/video player? Holy shit that's dumb.
Skip that portable music player and get a decent phone. Congratulations, you now own a portable all capable pc that fits in your pocket.

Just a random chinkshit MP3 player on Amazon with good reviews, supports lossless audio, for around 30 bucks.

Or this if you don't mind not having radio.

Is it really that difficult for you to think that maybe I just want a cool little device that is solely dedicated to music?

So you're problem is that you want attention.

Jesus christ. I’d be using it exclusively in my office at work. Literally no one except me would know

i pod touch, fits in my crotch

>What's a good price for a used one and are there any parts that usually break?
$50 tops for a working one, $20 for one with a broken hard drive. You'll find tons with dead hard drives, because spinning rust in a portable device. It's the most common point of failure, the second being the battery.
>Does it matter if I get the thin or the thick version?
A thin back limits your aftermarket battery choices. All the iFlash adapters fit just fine in both thin and thick back versions.
>How do other iPod Video/Classic gens compare
The Classic has an unstable Rockbox port (Deemed so because of the lack of an official bootloader; apparently it works just fine). Some older iPods have Rockbox ports too.
>are they equal in DAC quality
The audio codec in the Classic is shit. Some older iPods also have pretty decent Wolfson DACs, but I think the one in the 5g and the 5.5g is the best of them all.
>does it have to be the A1136?
That's the model with all the best features combined, but if you're willing to sacrifice on some things you can go for other models.
>If you got a link to some reading material that would help a lot as well. Thanks in advance lad.
archimago.blogspot.com/2016/09/retro-measure-2006-apple-ipod-classic.html
download.rockbox.org/daily/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-build.html
iflash.xyz/
The lack of a radio tuner is certainly a bummer. There are add-ons for the 30-pin connector, though. According to this rockbox.org/wiki/WebHome?topic=IpodAccessories the official Apple one (iPod Radio Remote) works just fine.

Just admit you like it for the aesthetics and there's no other reason to get one over a smart phone

Thanks lad that helps a lot

imagine buying a phone that lacks basic functionality and being so autistic that you would rather buy another subpar device instead of admitting your phone sucks

Attached: 0135794038.jpg (210x240, 8K)

The Wolfson DAC was shit, and only better then the rest of the ishits.

LG master race.

Attached: 1559234214632.png (707x854, 403K)

did you miss the point entirely, fuckwit?
i said my phone doesn't have expandable storage. that's not a problem what will be solved by buying a phone with a good DAC/amp (which is going to already be more niche than just any phone, making it more of a pain in the ass than just buying a small $100 DAP or something)
and did you seriously just recommend to buy or BUILD a headphone amp to carry around as opposed to a small DAP? do you have brain damage you fucking imbecile?

Attached: 1403482286904.jpg (221x320, 40K)

Yep you're dumb as fuck, and should just kill yourself you worthless waste of space.

>i said my phone doesn't have expandable storage. that's not a problem what will be solved by buying a phone
take your pills schizo

Attached: 700.jpg (200x313, 10K)

>Buy shitty inefficient headphones.
>Cry about having to buy a separate battery pack to power them.

tell me how lugging around a headphone amp in addition to a phone will help me store 200GB of flac on my phone
tell me how lugging around a dedicated headphone amp (or a "DIY" one like you say, christ) will be better than buying something like a fucking $50 benjie t6 that's 1/4 the size of my phone and will last for a week without charging and simultaneously fixes the storage issue that most modern phones present.
reading comprehension, bucko
yeah i meant to say :that" instead of "what" but you should be able to read the rest of what i typed and, given the context of what i'm saying, put together what i meant. is that too hard for you?

Attached: 1468263169345.png (381x479, 247K)

Attached: 1554804884549.png (960x816, 578K)

In my experience only roma gypsies accidentally use what for that.

man you niggers just can't read can you.
my main issue is storage space. i'm not going to convert my 200GB of FLAC files into opus because that's a pain in the ass and i'll have to do that shit every time i download or rip something new. my phone does not have expandable storage, most new android phones that are worth a shit do not. i listen to my music with a fucking pair of half broken skullcandies i bought 8 years ago, i don't give a fuck about efficiency, i just need to store my fucking music and not fiddle with converting or amps or any of that bullshit. this is why i have a benjie t6, which is some $50 chink player.
i'm a russki, but that was autocorrect's fault

>tell me how lugging around a headphone amp in addition to a phone will help me store 200GB of flac on my phone
It won't, but if you had half a brain you would see that the headphone amp was a directly addressing that faggot anons issue in the post that it was responding to you fucking retard.
>tell me how lugging around a dedicated headphone amp...
lugging around an extra amp about the size of an Altoids tin, and an adequate phone to play music is worse than having to lug around a shitty iPhone SE with a shitty dap that might still need a headphone amp?

>i'm a russki
But why are you so fucking stupid?

Just FYI, I’m iphone SE user and OP, not the other guy. I’m just watching the fireworks.

Yes. I can follow thread posts, and I know that you're the retarded fuck with the SE.

Fuck you

>It won't, but if you had half a brain you would see that the headphone amp was a directly addressing that faggot anons issue in the post that it was responding to you fucking retard.
i was the second post that guy was responding to, i didn't bother reading the first since it wasn't me. maybe he shouldn't have responded to both of us.
also if you're going out in public with headphones that require amplification you might actually be retarded.
>lugging around an extra amp about the size of an Altoids tin, and an adequate phone to play music
still does not address storage space issue
>is worse than having to lug around a shitty iPhone SE with a shitty dap that might still need a headphone amp?
the iphone is fine you fucking autistic spergs. i don't care for it but you don't need to attack someone for using what is arguably the last good iphone.
i don't know why are you?

Attached: 1492348150237.jpg (800x800, 165K)

LG G7/G8. It's a very functional PMP with a great screen, good DAC, good battery life, and also comes with a smartphone.

>also if you're going out in public with headphones that require amplification you might actually be retarded.
based and truthpilled

Attached: 1563976537957.jpg (2646x2797, 3.79M)

Buy a phone that isn't shit, things you should look for
>Not an iphone
>Expandable storage
>Not an iphone
>A headphone jack
>NOT AN IPHONE

Sorry man, I've got a terabyte of FLAC on my phone with a 3.5 jack to porta pros. Turn the screen off and it runs all day. I'd say you fucked yourself.

I require an iPhone for work.

Don't start getting offended now. Anons have been considering you to be retarded since your first post.

No you don't.

ipod classic or video with rockbox, ssd or iflash board and a bigger battery

Attached: ipod.jpg (1479x1863, 525K)

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

So keep your shitty iToy as a work phone exclusively for emails and whatever corporate cuck app they make you install.

Does the client pay extra if they cum in your ass?

Cowon Plenue D is pretty good.

>96 hours of battery life
>great sound quality
>TRRS balanced output
>supports a bunch of audio formats
>32GB built-in and a MicroSD slot for expansion
>physical buttons for volume, track skipping/seeking, play/pause, and on/off

Attached: 1543873306781.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

/thread

OnePlus 6T with Zero Lemon Battery

>massive fucking brick
>useless screen intended for video

At that size point you might as well just carry around another phone, or a portable DAC for your primary one.

Attached: (you).jpg (540x515, 51K)

>massive fucking brick
It's about the size of a 4" phone
>carry around another phone
Good luck fitting 2TB of storage in a phone
>or a portable DAC for your primary one
See above

Radio is for dipshits and cucks who are fine with someone else controlling what they listen to.

nice aesthetic user

i was gonna get a transparent shell, but i like this white/black combo

Attached: PeN9XWlpBiUv1Gr0nYChamyP1DijagsYohYIRAchSdY.jpg (688x546, 62K)

is the scroll wheel from 5g or different model? link would be appreciated

what theme is this user?

Attached: 6732928991_f696764902_b.jpg (542x720, 86K)

I'm going to keep the color combination when I replace the shell too.
I think it's from a black 5g, I don't know for sure because it was the previous owner who replaced it.
I got the thing for free and only replaced the hard drive (With an iFlash Quad) and the display, which was broken.

themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=2631&target=ipod6g

the bg pic was set on the ipod, i changed font colours also but i dont remember whether i set the colours in the settings or edited the theme files

>Some Android phones have really not so good DACs

This is painfully true. I got the OnePlus5t and it's the best Android phone I've ever used, but the DAC is complete garbage and everything sounds completely muddy.

Why are you listening to music outside the house? Weird.

thanks

how did you set the BG? i can't seem to work it out from the theming menu

Attached: 1481610962496.jpg (660x819, 62K)

I used a sansa fuze for years, comfiest player hands down I'd sell my soul to get another one

Just use your phone you pretentious faggot.
>le epin FLAC maymay
Negro please. This isn't 30fps to 60fps difference. Get real and spend your money somewhere else

Attached: 597f4c6f3e786d14d8541d59bb6920f4.png (1000x1000, 639K)

I tried that shit but it don't work, non of the admins wanna patch the code so it works again

nevermind, figured it out - can just change the bmp in the zip and modify the cfg if needed

your background and colours are cute ne, you should share the deets

where get music g/?

Attached: pepehead.jpg (1700x1133, 55K)

my women jeans have small pockets
so you alll can fuck off with the use ur phone shit dumbasses

deezloader

also the phone has too many distraction, i wanna listen to my music alone in a separate device and play music is trash

deezloader

Attached: btfo.gif (480x286, 3.03M)

literal who phone

>he doesn't listen to radio
hard to imagine being so cucked. such is the zoomer lifestyle, enjoy your illusion of choice.

>deezloader
My MAN!

Attached: IMG_2929.jpg (540x568, 85K)

Get a real phone and keep all your music on your phone in FLAC

how is Fiio m11? I was thinking of getting thst

>listens to the broadcast jew
>calls others cucks
enjoy letting other men pick the music that comes from your device while constant unblockable ads, just bend over and accept whatever the tower spews in your antenna's direction like a good cuck

You can just use USB DACs with Android phones.

Or get a phone with a good DAC instead of stuffing a seperate DAC in your pocket like a retard?

just buy the CDs and rip them user. it's not that hard

> audiophile
> using a mac as music server

The only acceptable anwser for this thread.

Attached: 9df7aef31b2edf7e818d442ca026ca3e.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

chill bro aint no one got time to be buying shit

Attached: gradschoolpepe.jpg (250x234, 8K)

Rockbox'd iPod Nano 2.
That was my daily until the battery shit the bed

Just get some chinkshit player like this
m.banggood.com/1_8-Inch-8GB-250-Hours-Portable-MP3-Lossless-Music-Player-FMTF-Pedometer-Function-p-1219904.html?rmmds=search

battery is easy as shit to replace in that nano
you can mod the 1st and 2nd gen nanos to accept micro SD as well
would make a nice project and increase its longevity a lot

Is the shanling m0 any good? I need a small pmp