Duo

Redpill me on this.
Why is the video quality so much better?

Attached: PartialScreenshot_20190731-194634.png (1440x846, 93K)

jews

They sell the old "higher resolution = higher quality" myth. It's "high quality", because it allows you to make calls in 720p (crisp, as Google describes it). The quality itself gets adjusted based on how good your network is.

I'm using multiple video call apps, including whatsapp on the same phone on the same connection calling the same people and duo always looks way way better

jewgle using the power of its deep botnet to encode/decode video

>Why is the video quality so much better?

Have you ever seen the HBO show Silicon Valley?
Duo uses the video tech that was invented in that show

Amazing!

Attached: 1539282683926.jpg (1578x794, 217K)

>new video/voice app shows up on the scene
>better quality than everybody
>people flock to it
>eventually they start compromising the quality slowly and bit by bit
>eventually it just fucking sucks
discord

thats a pretty based business model

Its a pain in the ass how shit video chat is on every single fucking app other than Duo

Based sneed poster

av1 codec

x265

Google has fast servers almost everywhere, which provides enough bandwidth for high-bitrate video transfer.
It's getting preloaded on most new Android devices so it's your best bet for video calling an Android user.

Who the hell even uses video calls

This, I thought people stopped doing video calls 10 years ago, what the hell.

Ppl like me who live abroad and need to face-to-face with clients and family from time to time.
But I'm a professional, so I use fb video chat.

It makes sense for jobs meetings, sure. But for regular people? I thought this meme died when Skype stopped being relevant. I don't ever see people doing video calls or even mentioning them anymore.

i see npc's facetime all the time

Has Vonage almost exclusively as a voice data customer. Can't say much about the product, but the service was top notch. Vonage just feeds it into a learning algorithm.

What exactly wrong with having different options? Just because you and I don't make video calls doesn't mean that nobody is making them.

>facetime
I had to google this, looks like some american thing, just like imessage. Not even itoodlers use these things here

I'm just stating that I thought the fad died, since there's been years since I heard someone even mentioning video calls, chill.

Are you really sure? Because you just sound uninformed. Apple users are most definitely using it. Other users are probably video chatting through either duo or snapchat.