Blowers are absolute dogshit, why do they keep strapping this trash to hot dies? Yeah, obviously...

Blowers are absolute dogshit, why do they keep strapping this trash to hot dies? Yeah, obviously, RTX reference models have dual fan designs, but blowers are just not good for anything.

They're not even good for supposed SFF builds where shills constantly say you want them because "the heat is exhausted straight out the back". >implying

AIB models blow them away, quite literally, every time. For a Node 202 build or similar (Silverstone ML07), AIB cards perform 20 to 30 degrees cooler. Coincidence? Nope, blowers just suck fucking dick.

The shitty rotor just doesn't move or draw in enough air for it to actually be good. Yeah, sure, it keeps thermals basically right below the max spec limit, but bottom line is, they're garbage.

One reason I am complaining about this is because the blower does not do any favors for reviewing the thermals on AMD housefire-tier cards like the RX 5700. At least they put something relatively custom on the VII.

Attached: AMD_Radeon_5700_XT.jpg (678x402, 32K)

Amd and nvidia need board partners. Board partners want to sell their own designs but amd/nvidia don't want to wait for their partners to launch a product. Now in order to not compete with the board partners designs there are 2 possibilities: make them more expensive (nvidia did this with founders cards) or make them worse (use shitty cooling solutions like blowers). Amd/nvidia can this way launch their products earlier without loosing the board partners.

/Thread
OP, just accept the fact that it takes an extra month to get a quality product. Can you not wait 30 days to upgrade from your old GPU? Or better yet, stay an entire generation behind. I just bought a really nice custom Vega 64 for the price of a GTX 1060 18 months ago. You're doing it all wrong of you're buying a blower right after release.

That doesn't explain why partners have to wait a month or more to release AIBs for the 5700/xt

>why do they keep strapping this trash to hot dies
Because its cheaper.

it's cheaper

Who the fuck is in charge of this fucking depart?
I'm fucking pissed that I'm missing out on a 50$ microcenter discount because some fucking out of touch boomer is unable to grasp the market.

Attached: 82757F56-1554-456C-8F1B-6FFDC12833FC.jpg (1182x1200, 217K)

I saw that too. Shame microcenter have so few locations and refuse to have any online presence. Sounds great if you live close to one, pointless for everyone else. Can't justify traveling two hours both ways for a 50 dollar discount.

Creating custom designs takes time? Amd/nvidia have developed test variants of their cards for months or years before they launch, the partners get the finalized specs and working chips only close to the actual launch. This 1-2 month wait period is standard for graphics card launches.

I just want to build a PC
This needs to stop

Attached: 91f.jpg (550x366, 28K)

It's worth it if you plan to get the motherboard/cpu and ram combo

You can get a B450 already with bios updated for 50 if you get a ryzen and you can get 16GB of DDR4-3200 RAM for 60$
If you're going to use a old or stock cooler it's a great deal.
It would of been perfect if not for these shit tier blower fans on the gpu

Attached: 247613DD-8544-408D-AE8A-19CFE98AFC7E.jpg (1920x1080, 596K)

I heard someone say they apparently have a policy where you can return the 5700 and get a non-blower version and still get the current deal. Not sure if that's bullshit or not, and also it would mean needing to travel there a second time as well.

The issue is the 15 day return policy
I just accepted my losses hopefully I can get a better deal perhaps more ram with a gpu

Or, third-option: don't sell trash at all
and let the board partners sell their designs exclusively.

There's no logic to this design.
Whoever green lit this is sabotaging the company

As if AMD or NigVIDIA give a shit lol

It serves its purpose. Anyone who wants to buy a card should immediately look at the gigantic red flag that is a blower card and opt for a partner based one. Again, AMD/Nvidia don't give a shit if you buy that blower card.

>muh early adopters
You would have the same cry babies as in this thread, that AMD/Nvidia should just release anything after presentation, even if it's just with a plastic cooler on it.

>Yeah, sure, it keeps thermals basically right below the max spec limit, but bottom line is, they're garbage.

So what you're saying is that they do their job? That they achieve what they were designed to do?

Why not just buy a 570.

What are you doing that really makes the difference between using a 570 and the 5700. Like, a legitimate issue you have had that you honestly needed the upgrade.

Attached: PowerColor_rx570.png (900x500, 486K)

At least Nvidia reference designs haven't been running at 80 degrees plus since Maxwell. AMD is fucking garbage at everything except for performance per dollar ratio.

>is 20 to 30 degrees cooler
And it's dumping all that heat into the case for your CPU to eat up. A blower cooler is more useful in server/center racks or workstation farms in a totally climate controlled environment.

Blowers have their place and everyone agrees it isn't in the consumer's at-home gaming system.

I have an epenis erection to maintain; it's bery impordant.

Attached: 1543113464866.png (448x357, 3K)

Aren't majority of server graphics cards passively cooled anyway? A blower fan in the way instead of just opening the card's end allowing direct airflow from the server fans and extending the heatsink to match would be better wouldn't it?

What the fuck is a "blower" and why is it bad?

>why is it bad
It blows.

Attached: JF02.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Blower: see , a centrifugal fan placed at the end of the card directing airflow through a heatsink in one direction. Advantages are usually to do with case airflow - blower cards send their heat outside the case almost immediately, instead of dumping it inside the case. Good case airflow makes this point null however. Disadvantages are to do with noise and temperatures, centrifugal fans aren't quiet, don't have much CFM and the heatsinks on these kinds of cards are usually quite piddly.

Blowers work fine and are better in wind tunnel setups.

The problem is that ATX form factor is obsolete garbage that should have gone away a decade ago.

why do they need board partners anyway? just take care of business yourself

You know the 5700 is twice as powerful as the 570, right?

Blowers are better in desktop cases with no fans. I once put an open fan 970 into a shitty case which had just one case fan. The computer would constantly shut down because the GPU overheated everything. It was just blowing air around the case, instead of blowing it out of the case. I replaced it with a blower 1060 and the computer has functioned without overheating ever since.

Attached: Anna_waif.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

I don't think anyone cares about blowers but the specific blower on the 5700xt is garbage

its 10 times better

I bet an rx590 cooler fits perfectly on a 5700 card .

Psychology dictates market segmentation in order to maximize sales. Some buyers want to be first (reference design), some want the partner brand reputation, and some want whatever is the cheapest or perceived best value. This also suits the silicon lottery as you can distribute binned tiers of your chips to your partners depending on where they have positioned their brand in the market. If you were doing this alone as OEM, you wouldn't persuade the same total number of consumers.

Partners also usually trial and work out various parts, designs, and layouts that aren't the same as reference. Using more expensive VRMs, better cooling, and higher-quality parts to achieve higher factory clocks.
Partners will also modify card/chip micro-code/BIOS in order to tweak things. Ranging from the name that'll show up in the host OS, to small tweaks in power stepping, cooling profiles, or adding compatibility for existing software suites for Overclocking.
Lastly, of course, each new chip and card is a chance to new cooler designs with new tech thats been released since the last generation.

Also, it takes a while to spin up a manufacturing line and turn out enough cards to send to all the continents of the world for sale.

As said some people don't want to wait. Also if you plan on use watercooling you won't care about the shitty cooler.

Add to this that early adopters and enthusiasts often go for reference cards, in part because many aftermarket coolers or waterblocks are only available for reference designs (not always though)

Stop buying poorfag budget cards from AMD

Not using a blower overheats my chipset and the fan goes crazy though.

I disagree on your mITX statement. You use blower coolers because the other components stay cooler with it. Yes your axial cooled gpu will be cooler but now you CPU runs hot and everything else gets a nice stream of warm air.

But do they really need board partners? AMD and Nvidia could sell direct through Amazon and Alibaba, cut out the middlemen, and cover 99% of the market. Surely they employ people who can design a PCB.

What do the board partners contribute, aside from cringey box art?

Playing video games that released after 2016

A) Because they're cheaper and AMD wants to save money
B) Because they're better for low-airflow cases and OEMs want to save money building cases without appropriate airflow

Don't get ripped off kids, and don't do blowers.

Why dont the make gpus that are fuckthicc, like cpu tower coolers?

They need board partners. In the past gpu manufacturers have tried it without partners and failed. The board partners have huge brand recognition and take a lot of risk for small profits.
So besides the brand awareness it's similar to why you don't buy paper or cars directly from the factory / manufacturer.

I'm going full liquid cooling on my 5700xt so blower doesn't matter.

Because that would be too good and would allow for a performance duplication, at minimum. AMD/NVIDIA want you coming back year after year hoping for 20% gains at 20% higher price.

Remember, GPUs are like little autist NPCs when it comes to computing. CPUs on the other hand have performance limits and such, but GPUs are speialized for the task and there's no reason why NVIDIA or AMD can't simply quadruple the cores and add more memory for a graphics solution - they're just refusing to.

When it comes to CPUs you have to worry about single-thread performance but no such issue exists for GPUs since different parts of the chip can process different parts of the image and they benefit from such a parallel task because they're given instructions on how to render shit - it needs to do basic work compared to a CPU which runs into more bottlenecks.

So basically AMD and NVIDIA can pump out cards today with current architecture to allow for 8K gaming but they're not.

And they can make better coolers, but they don't.

I have a blower vega56 and the noise hasn't really bothered me while playing vidya, when I'm idling the curve is low enough that I don't hear shit. The temps are higher than they should be obviously, but not high enough to be a distress, I also don't do any heavy duty work that involves my GPU so he occasional game from 5 years ago won't be what kills it. I kinda regret not waiting 2 extra months and getting a dual fan vega 56 but I also don't regret my purchase either. I won't be buying any more blower cards but that's purely because dual fan designs make my dick harder

Thank you, user

this would be based, most people don't use any other cards than GPUs anyhows. I hope ATX gets revamped soon.

It didn't really work that way for Nvidia. Most of the AIB models of their cards are higher than the founders edition ones.