You may not like it, but this is what peak UI design is like. This OS was way ahead of its time

You may not like it, but this is what peak UI design is like. This OS was way ahead of its time.

Attached: windows_vista_by_simplexdesignsart-d8wgw0m.png (1920x1080, 724K)

windows XP with the Vista startbar is peak performance.

Vista was too good for this cruel world, too pure

>Microsoft STILL. hasn't released ports of the previous Windows' versions' themes for Windows 10
>Microsoft STILL. hasn't released a proper theme modding API
>You STILL. have to rely on 3rd party .dll injections to edit a theme
WHY.

there are no apps and adverts for apps or adverts for products or (((news))) alerts or curated content or groove music or feed back hub or get help or ways to gives microsoft all your personal information that will eventually ruin your life through corporate monopoly or data breach.

vista is so out of date man, get upto speed

dont get me wrong, its very cohesive and user friendly, but a lot of modern environments are a lot easier to work in
Windows 8.1 with classicshell installed is the simplest windows experience imo, though if you have a tablet pc or touchscreen the stock tiles sort of start menu is better

this is coming from someone who is using vista to post this

>2008 was 11 years ago

the pic is Windows 8.1 with classic shell installed u retard

Aero was (and is) shit, peak UI design was reached in Windows 95.

Sorry, but the macOS dock was actually a really good idea and Windows 7 stealing it was the best possible outcome. Vista's glossy light/dark glass look also looks super-dated and ugly, especially compared to 7's single-tone glass look.
Windows 10 actually looks really nice for the most part, the only problem is that the start menu and notification center look a little bland and plain, but everything else is pretty nice.

>dock
>a fucking icon bar with no indication of what is doing what
Fuck you, no.

>the macOS dock was actually a really good idea
the dock is one of the worst things about macos

Attached: 1545004634803.jpg (211x120, 6K)

In spite of being objectively wrong, Windows 10 can still do it the old way too if you fancy. "Taskbar Settings", then "Combine taskbar buttons: Never" and I guess "Use small taskbar buttons" too.

if thats 8.1 that has seriously tricked me
thats really well done

pic related, vista 32 bit

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x800, 799K)

Check the pinned program icons in the taskbar. Vista was the last Windows version where they were that close together; 8 onwards add extra and unnecessary space between them even when using small icons, as you can see in the OP image.

>WHY
pajeet creates theme
theme crashes windows
pajeet blames microsoft

The fact that you need a quick launch and the rest of the taskbar is why the old taskbar paradigm sucked in the first place, the dock combines both concepts into one.

>You may not like it, but this is what peak UI design is like
Posts Win8's visual style.
>This OS was way ahead of its time.
Doesn't posts the actual Vista.

Attached: Vista-Desktop.png (1366x768, 738K)

microfag doesnt care about the user experience, they just want to do what they want. if they make something highly customizable, its more work for them so they said "fuck you, you can only change the fucking cursor and window colors, faggots". windows 10 has been released for years now and its still incomplete. they've changed the start menu like 5 times but still have not moved away from the legacy control panel, just wow...
new UI my ass
the next major os release is probably going to be something completely different and they will leave windows 10 an unfinished garbage full of telemetry.

>dock was actually a really good idea
seriously fuck you. the dock is god awful. i have to right click firewfox to see the windows i have open, then i have to guess which one is the one i need without window previews to know which is the one i want. i literally have to guess which is the windows im looking for. yea i know i sound autistic but FUCK!! JUST GIVE ME A TASKBAR WITH WINDOWS PREVIEWS AND NONE OF THAT SAME WINDOW GROUPING BULLSHIT, THAT SHIT IS BASICALLY A FUCKING DOCK, I WANNA SEE EACH WINDOW HAVE ITS OWN TASKBAR BUTTON SO I CAN JUST GO STRAIGHT TO THE WINDOW I WANT TO PULL UP AND BE DONE. FUCK MAC, FUCK WINDOWS AND FUCK JANIES

wtf is that windows 8 logo

>i have to right click firewfox to see the windows i have open,

LMAO
You only need to put the cursor over and the windows will appear.

>still rocking vista
>32bit
based

BUT WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO RIGHT CLICK? THE DOCK IS THE PROBLEM TO BEGIN WITH! THATS AN EXTRA STEP COMPARED TO WINDOWS 7, THE FUCK????
DOCKS, WINDOWS, MAC OR FUCKING DOCKY, ARE SERIOUSLY THE MOST USELESS THINGS TO EVER EXIST.
JUST GIVE ME A TASK BAR WITH MY WINDOWS LIST, MY NOTIFICATION AND ICONS AND START MENU ALL IN ONE BAR. THE FUCK I NEED ANOTHER GIANT BAR ON THE SCREEN FOR???

It's not as bad as you would think
I was halfway through installing vista when I noticed I used the 32 bit disk and not the 64 bit one.
I don't think it matters much, chipset limitation is 3gb of ram anyway (even though it'll boot and detect 8gb) so I'm not missing out on much.

Oh and I later discovered anyway that the core duo processors are 32 bit and I would need to swap out the core2duo from my SL500 if I wanted 64 bit

I'm surprised nobody even bothered to laugh at you - perhaps they felt really sorry for you?

What good it is to be ahead of the curve anyway? Galileo was ahead of his time and what did he get? Death sentece

Flat UI brought the death of creative UI design

ubuntu is so ugly and customizing it is a pain in the ass
but it just werks

I doubt they will ever release any new version of Windows, they will just keep updating that pile of shit because they want it to be like Apple with their macOS X