Linux really doesn't have normal file managers?

Linux really doesn't have normal file managers?

I tested all and none is closest to windows explorer in options, when you save file from browser they don't remember the last location [opens default file manager] and all managers don't even have option to pin stuff to quick access ect.

I'm moron I guess, there's nothing at all

Attached: unnamed.png (512x512, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

maketecheasier.com/best-file-managers-linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he fell for the loonix meme

Attached: 1545406310055.jpg (976x1079, 150K)

yes this is bait, now fuck off

now this is not bait again

is there any GOOD file manager that isn't looking or working like it was from 97?

people non stop shit on me that I'm wrong so I'm endlessly trying to give it a chance, though my system was freezing apps and crashing and so on and so on, but maybe I'm wrong

in dolphin i can do everything i could do in the windows explorer plus it supports tabs

>in dolphin i can do everything i could do in the windows
then it's too advanced for me because I clicked everywhere and it has like no options at all

Can I right drag a file yet?

and no, I'm serious as hell now, it has NOTHING

what options were you looking for that you couldn't find?

if I remember right then still not

are you retarded?! I don't want to as a fucking tech service every time I want use linux! WHAT FUCKING FILE MANAGER IS ACTUALLY MODERN AND GOOD!??!?!

GOD FUCKING DAMN YOU, EVEN ANDROID HAS LOT OF ADVANCED FILE MANAGERS

SpaceFM is the best gui file manager.

yes

Thunar.

YOU ARE A RETARDED BRAINLET FAGGOT
Use dolphin, its great. Now fuck off and kys.

>when you save file from browser they don't remember the last location
Does for me
>all managers don't even have option to pin stuff to quick access
Every single one I've tried does this.
Sure you're not just some Linux-hating cunt complaining about imagined bullshit?
>android
>advanced file managers
So, yeah, you're a fucking lying cunt.

please formulate clear sentences

as i said, dolphin can do everything the windows explorer can do and even more. you don't have to 'as a fucking tech service every time you want to use linux' (whatever you mean with that)
its a similarly easy gui which supports drag and drop, pinning folders or connecting to network devices.

like where?!

solid explorer and so on

maketecheasier.com/best-file-managers-linux/

Also just use Linux Mint. It's good for people who don't know a damn thing about Linux.

too bad I had to read this to magically uncover that functionality because right clicks doesn't fucking show anything

In what? Everything I try this in that isn't Windows, the context menu appears instantly and the file doesn't drag. In Windows it is the same as dragging the file but it asks whether you want to copy, move or create shortcut.

pcmanfm is the best file manager, period.

this
or manjaro if you aren't afraid of updating with pacman -Syu instead of apt-get upgrade

lol like clockwerk the winbaby spergeout happens

it asks you by default if you drag with left click, no need for right click
that's why the context menu opens

>I'm moron I guess
you're an ESL moron who can barely use Windows, let alone Linux

>when you save file from browser they don't remember the last location
this is determined on a per-program basis even on Windows

>and all managers don't even have option to pin stuff to quick access ect.
you're literally lying or blind

No, it moves if in same drive or copies if not. How do I make it ask?

Are you retarded?
I am genuinely asking. I think you should stick to windows and fuck off with your room temperature IQ.

The real shame is how uncommon view settings for individual directories are.

did it by default for me, you'll have to find the option to enable it once and you'll be all good

Attached: op_is_a_fag.webm (1920x1080, 271K)

also if anyone knows what causes the blue bars when recording with obs studio i'd be glad to know

Literally how do I make it ask like you're saying? I use Dolphin and when I drag a file it just does the operation.

what system are you on?
it should ask you by default

>Linux
>desktop

install macOS, it's probably the best for faggots like you

nvidia gpu?
you need to enable "force full composition pipeline"

file managers and file pickers are unironically the worst thing on linux

Larping about something you can easily check in a VM is a new low for Indian Jow Forums

there's no way you tried more than one of either.

This is good bait, OP. You really got them.

>, EVEN ANDROID HAS LOT OF ADVANCED FILE MANAGERS
No it doesn't. Android has malware masquerading as file managers.

Bash is the normal file manager, Windows Explorer doesn't have half its features.

yea, none of them are as featureless as explorer is

wtf? did you click the tools drop down.......

nvidia, go into settings (of nvidia) with the displays and do what the other guy said

>as though Windows doesn't

Attached: Capture.png (903x173, 34K)

this, I want a wayland port.
lightweight, has optional recursive search and keyboard shortcuts

loonix cant sort by date created, or sort certain folders by different view type, they all have to be the same...

because linux is a kernel
dolphin & KDE can sort by date created just fine

look at this GUITODDLER not using nnn.

oh, glad to see they finally got a patch working after other operating systems allow you to easily choose your own file explorer so you can utilize tabbing without having to wait until microsoft finally releases a working patch

you don't know? people who want to get shit done actually use macOS nobody uses linux its a meme go to any workplace and you will see its 90%+ macoses

Attached: 1564560333984.jpg (768x1024, 91K)

no, people who are incapable of getting familiar with the tech they are using are using mac, the others use linux. and the gaymers use and deserve windows.
similar with mobile os: if you are too lazy to choose a launcher that suits your needs best or to spend 30 minutes in layouting your home screen you buy an iphone, if you want the freedom of customization you choose android

Attached: gay_pride.jpg (1374x1684, 544K)

>people who are incapable of getting familiar with the tech they are using are using mac
fuck off i'm using mac because "it just werks" i don't want to spend 30 minutes fixing some problem because linux is broken every job i've been to literally has more than 80% people using a mac.
>if you are too lazy to choose a launcher that suits your needs best or to spend 30 minutes in layouting your home screen you buy an iphone
lmao fuck off you fag i want a phone that works and is fast not some phone that allows me to change how the icons look like

Attached: 1563358890191.png (1080x1020, 475K)

>using mac because it just werks
>having to split windows with the mouse/trackpad (maybe linux users don't care so much about some trackpad because you can do literally everything with keyboard shortcuts)
>i want a phone that works
what does not work on an android phone that works on an iphone? technologies apple will implement 5 years after android phones had them just like nfc?
also, your phone prohibiting you to send files via bluetooth even though there is literally 0 technological reason is one example of the complete bullshitness of ios. also good luck disabling bluetooth/wifi without entering the settings

>having to split windows with the mouse/trackpad
fuck off macbook literally has the best trackpad out of all laptops even winfags and loonixfags admit this
>what does not work on an android phone that works on an iphone
enjoy your android phone that will only support os updates for 2 years buddy

Attached: 1564485966966.png (485x443, 26K)

Omg
This is my fetish
I
She is so perfect

That's Clover. It's been out for years.

I dont care about any trackpad because i'm much quicker using key bindings (even with a proper keyboard, another discipline in which mac totally sucks ass)
And no i dont suffer old software on my mobile device because i have the freedom to choose what os im running on it so i actually run android 9 on an oneplus x.

spacefm

>can't open as root
Dolphin is garbage.

>loonix cant sort by date created
Yes it can nowadays. Not all file managers support it yet though. But Dolphin and Nemo certainly do.
>or sort certain folders by different view type, they all have to be the same...
Surprisingly uncommon, but some offer it. Again Dolphin and Nemo do. PCManFM as well, but it's a bit tedious to work with (you have to mark a checkbox for each dir that should have individual view settings).

Krusader is so fucking good. Compared to this, returning to the windows file manager makes me sick.

This already runs on Wayland