I have a working knowledge of how to use LaTeX. Now what?

i have a working knowledge of how to use LaTeX. Now what?

Attached: 1561375847186.jpg (640x480, 63K)

buy full body latex suit

the one with the hole in the mouth?

touch my penus

Now you forget it because no one uses that trash.

publish shit duh

what does it look like after you run it or compile it or whatever

Attached: 1533732837424.png (771x693, 300K)

Good thread

(org-export-to-latex) because raw LaTeX is tedious as fuck to write

How do you make graphs and diagrams?
The learning curve of tikz is stiff and although I can't always make what I have in mind, its neat.

The only use I have for org export to latex so far is for simple beamer slides, when I already have an org file, a latex paper, and I want to look like I have spend some time writing my presentation slides.

>graphs and diagrams
I used gnuplot (writing gp files and including the output). But apparently there are packages that allow you to include the commands in a latex file now.

Latex is comfy

learn math

>full body
>it has holes in it

>How do you make graphs
Pgfplots.
For my numerics classes I usually had the C code output the raw data and read it into LaTeX through pgfplots.

>diagrams
Inkscape, or tikz if you are severely autistic (like me).

I soon have to write my cs thesis and have no knowledge of latex. What now?

Either learn it or suffer Word/Google docs.

because you die if you can't breathe, you mongmong.

matplotlib for graphs. Tikz for simple diagrams and inkscape for more involved diagrams.

Not if you take a deep breath

>Currently writing my bachelor thesis with LaTeX while everyone else uses Word

Is there any comfier feeling of being superior, bros?

write papers for 7/10 female stem majors

learn LaTeX, the time you spend learning LaTeX + writing it will be less than trying to make it work in word, or some other shit, it's literal hell.

What you're saying is, you have the syntax down. Now you need the semantics.

this is what nerds actually think

the only reason to use latex is the same and only reason why people install gentoo.

>be my
>try and make a list in google docs
>eyes start to bleed
WYSIWYG sucks, LaTeX syntax is shit I'll give you that

use a template you fuck

>the only reason to use latex is the same and only reason why people install gentoo.
No, LaTeX has something which makes it pretty unique, and that is why it is nearly universal in significant parts if academia.

It's syntax is literally garbage tier, but it has such an enormous set of features and such good results which makes using it worth it for many academics.

based

After I made a graphical ToC for a journal submission, I said fuck Tikz and went crawing back to GIMP and Inkscape. I'm just too normie for Tikz.

Offer LaTeX typesetting services to University researchers for $100 an hour. Many University types whom are expected to know it, don’t, and they are all quite willing to pay quite well for the services of a person who is skilled.

Yes, you have to be severely autistic to use tikz, it also has such an enormous amount of features...

Things like pic are pretty much impossible unless you spend quite a bit of time scrolling through hundreds of pages of documentation.

Attached: autism.png (688x605, 63K)

>Now what?
You have been lied to. Telling you to learn it was bait to test your intelligence. Now kys

What editor is that?

looks like QtCreator

Now you go to the next level, using semantic markup and transforming it to LaTeX for PDF output.

Texstudio, I think.

just works, TexStudio

Congratulations, you wasted your time.

>Many University types whom are expected to know it
It's just "who" in this case.
"Who" is expected to know it?
Many University types.

make some plastic underwear with it and become a prostitute

>top 5 delusional Jow Forums quotes.

>female stem majors
>7/10
Bruh whatever uni youre going to I want in

ironically the top female students i know are also pretty good-looking. they are basically ubermensch types who are good at everything

Attached: LaTex_Lover.jpg (717x537, 49K)

>label you axes

>not using TeX

What abot asciidocs? For what I see it has almost everything I need, and the rest can be included as wrapped latex.

Until now I was using pandov markdown. But the need of html/css tags for anything else but the most trivial formating gave me really weird documents (specially presentations)

>not using groff

How the FUCK do I use latex with emacs?

Now you might want to actually use asciidoc or markdown or something.

How does your promotor review and write notes? I'm starting mine and Im trying to short everything before hand

When I wrote my master thesis years ago I used git and eery time I committed something my supervisor would get an alert since he had subbed to my git repo and would add comments/notes in a PDF.

These days I would use the review function in Overleaf since I completely switched to that.