Computer science theory book club

Hello,
I've been wanting to read "Structure andInterpretationof Computer Programs", aka the wizard book, for a while now, but thought it'd be more fun to do it in a book club sort of format: every say one or two weeks, we read a chapter, maybe do a couple of exercises if we wanted to, and then have a discussion about it.
I tried to start this at my university, but got very little interest. I don't want to host a discord for it, nor do I want to make an email chain, as I thought it'd be unpopular with most people in the uni age, but I am open to suggestions.
Would anyone be interested in this? I'd make a thread every saturday at some specific time, and then we could have a discussion about the chapters we're on. people could even join in halfway through and discuss earlier chapters if they so wanted. After a book ended, we could vote to select another one (preferably theory-oriented, to keep this more academic and less soen-oriented, just a personal preference)

here is the link for the book:
web.mit.edu/alexmv/6.037/sicp.pdf

video lectures:
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-001-structure-and-interpretation-of-computer-programs-spring-2005/video-lectures/

Attached: 454ea79b-b850-4f22-b40e-9df1c9f90fdb-fotolia_96762320_subscription_monthly_m.jpg (970x546, 113K)

>no answers

Attached: Fair+enough+_79e2c14f7db9bd846e2e85878b75f720.jpg (657x527, 53K)

You're not gonna get much here user, Jow Forumstards only like flinging shit at each other about which language is the best, and their vidya rig.

Sorry user, it sounds fun but I'm loaded in uni study as it is

alright np. thanks for answering. I think I'm better off finding one person who wants to do this and just doing it with them. someone who is into research and theory and such.

you sound like a amd fag

Its ok, you may post general thread here or eventually at /lit/. Howeber Jow Forums has some ambitious generals, /cybsec/ for example, i Am sure there are People that would want to do /sicp/ meme

Ill do it with you, i don't start my masters till late august so ive got nothing to do but work and workout

I don't like this meme book. It'd be more interesting if were the art of computer science, and we try to solve the exercises.

>starting masters
>going to read an introductory CS book
why tho lmao

Liked the idea, specially when I was going to read it anyway for the historic value. When does it start?

Sounds like a nice idea, actually. I've been looking for something likei this irl but you guys might be the next best thing. Not sure a thread here is the best medium but it's worth a shot for sure.

I "finished" SICP recently but there's still plenty more to squeeze out of chapters 4 and 5.

There's a few other books I'd be more interested in right now but I wouldn't mind joining you for another round of SICP either.

I will join your book club user.
I started reading the book a few months ago but was too busy and felt like i was rushing through it, so I would like to start over anyways

I would be interested.
This is probably the wrong venue though, so I'll have to say no anyways.

I'm down too, but its better to do it on other platform like a chat

Having read SICP should be a requirement for posting here

because it's a thorough introduction and someone who has a masters should have total mastery of the basics

I'd be interested

> I don't want to host a discord for it
why? honestly, discord might be the best way to do this. tons of people would probably be interested and it would be nice to have a persistent record of what's going on.

I agree, telegram would work too

id be up for it, started it once but due to laziness and being busy with a lot of classes i stopped

Would be interested as well. Started few weeks ago.

I created a telegram channel feel free to join. This link: t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFEHh5FtDqL5B68Wdw

I'm down