Architecture of Windows NT

Now this is what I call good design
>muh systemd
>muh window server
>muh broken init.d
>muh giant macrokernel with all the drivers, filesystems and prorocols and shit

Attached: 799px-Windows_2000_architecture.svg.png (799x1024, 80K)

>no privileges, everything runs in the same security context
systemd/Linux is still better.

nice design, I'll definitely check it out on github!

Attached: 1536746400627.png (2537x2462, 2.59M)

> everything runs in the same security context
No it doesn't. Windows has a very fine grained security controls compared to any other OS - from process privileges to file access security. It's often too complex, that people configure it incorrectly, especially sysadmins in domains, without fully understanding the concepts of ACL and ACEs that protect securable objects (i.e. files/firs), it's too easy to add incorrect ACEs or in bad orders etc.

This is why Windows owns the enterprise world, because those companies want centralization and complete control over all the machines in the network. Which Linux or Mac can't do, or rather no way as in much fine detail as Windows.

Attached: prog rammer.jpg (473x496, 113K)

Shh, you'll destroy the freetards' carefully-crafted and manicured little bubble. They respond poorly to being corrected in the main.

What impresses me is that that image is 20 years old, but is accurate pretty much from NT 3.1 to 10.0.18362 - that little of its core operation has changed.
While eunuchs and its descendants are creaking and groaning under the number of modern features that have to be patched and glued on their monolithic asses after the fact, Windows improvements and features are pretty much all implemented in user mode since Vista - it's just that capable and flexible.
Thank you based pic related.

Attached: 1024px-DavidCutler_WindowsAzure.jpg (1024x715, 93K)

ReactOS mustard race.

On Debian I have it set so that in order to execute any action that requires root, I need to put in a different password than the one I used to login.

Windows UAC just has you click an extra button to use something that requires root.

Hmm, which system seems more secure?

Of course you can just click on the UAC thing when you're logged in as ADMINISTRATOR you nigger

finally a post with some sense the sheer amount of people that lack fundamental knowledge of security descriptors and access ctl is madness

Attached: 1538601412777.png (925x711, 16K)

Another stupid freetard who doesn't understand the difference between an administrator account and a user account.
>why am i being laughed at every time i apply for an it job?

>This is why Windows owns the enterprise world
Wrong, if that was the case there are more secure OS stuck in academia research that could have taken over. It's not security that made windows popular.

The lrn2read is weak in this mong.

Enterprise world don't actually give a shit about having "complete control on their machines".

Attached: 1544838476602.jpg (1015x1119, 609K)

I can tell you are not employed already, no need to confirming it with your cartoon reactionary image that you saved in your computer for this purpose earlier

>look at me im projecting: the post
Get in rehab and go back to school, kiddo.

It's okay, you can go back to your cartoon show now. No need to LARP any further. I'm sure one of your hundreds of cartoon reaction pictures that you collected over the years in your computer beat me in the argument already.

>doesn't have mandatory access control
>implying systems/launched aren't copies of svcHost

>what is SELinux

>freetard delusions for $1 alex
One of the more successful NSA backdoors.

>oh no I don't have any solid argument
>better call him a freetard that'll show him
hahaha

This is pathetic, even for a freetard.

Attached: 59369521_805135343204434_2476472606660755456_n.jpg (720x480, 40K)

Spotted the buttflustered microcuck NPC
dial 8

Attached: 1542988408997.png (814x806, 31K)

See (H/T).

Someone tell me something I didn't know about NT or other technical Windows stuff?
The other day on Jow Forums someone said that Linux keeps all of the binary in memory, that's why you don't need to restart/close apps after updates while Windows keeps only parts of it, reducing memory usage. I found it interesting.

HI nsa

when setting up user mode programs the kernel will map in a minimum of 2 modules even if the um program has no imports i.e. 0: ntdll, 1: kernel32 (there are some edge cases such as minimal processes which can have just ntdll)
bonus round: theres a structure named KUSER_SHARED_DATA which gets mapped to the same address regardless of whether ASLR is enabled / disabled

Attached: 26745934.205_image.png (640x776, 725K)