Be on the lookout Jow Forums, an underdog is coming

Be on the lookout Jow Forums, an underdog is coming

Attached: 7be6c3a0.png (342x270, 39K)

>an underdog is coming
Stopped reading right there

Are they really the underdog when they make absolutely everything except for Intel's and Nvidia's chips, ie 90% of marketshare?

Wildcard UMC to disrupt the market in 2025

TSMC makes plenty of Nvidia's silicon.

>ie 90% of marketshare?
Are you illiterate? There are also Samsung, Intel and many other smaller foundries.

>underdog
>makes chips for apple

Me too, the post ended after that so reading furth wasn't possible.

>applel
>not undershit

>underdog
>produces 3nm
>reasearch 2nm
Yeah , underdog

>TSMC
>underdog

At this point, fucking globalfoundries is an underdog compared to this chin behemoth

Global Foundries always was an underdog. Their FDX nodes are pretty cool though.

Attached: 1506672330199655.jpg (1826x1014, 133K)

>wasn't possible.
stopped reading right there

cool. guess I/O-die will be fabbed on this node for Zen2.
i hope Mommy Su can stop the alimoney payments to their GF

Attached: 1519330482383.jpg (1420x1497, 166K)

>stopped reading right there
stopped reading right there

>an underdog is coming
That implies that Intel has finally figured out 10nm but then you put in TSMC logo so it's confusing

Is that even a thing from? Given it's a shot from 2017 and we know they kinda gave up after that and got stuck on 14/12(aka 14+)nm . Is there even any development going in GloFo anymore?

It would be possible, but AMD will probably stick to 12nm FinFET for a long while. They have mobo chipets and Bridge Chips made on these lines and the cost to port it to a smaller node would be hard to justify. I'd count on Zen3 parts having a 12nm Bridge Chip.

>and we know they kinda gave up after that and got stuck on 14/12(aka 14+)nm .
No, Global Foundries gave up on their 7nm bulk FinFET. They never stopped development of their advanced SOI processes. 22FDX is one of their most profitable processes, and 12FDX has huge engagement. They're cornering pretty much all of the RF market.

>They're cornering pretty much all of the RF market.
Good to hear cause I was kinda worried about GloFo after they dropped out of the 7nm race

>right there
Once I will tolerate, but if someone uses this phrase twice in a post I will immediately stop reading.

Its keeping them alive, and will likely see them maintaining profitable operation, without needing constant cash injections from rich Saudis. They'll likely announce a 7FDX node in a year or two.

All of the big foundries are actually trying to keep up. Alongside their bleeding edge high performance nodes they're trying to tailor specialized low power nodes for things like modems and solid state sensors. Samsung is in the same boat as Global Foundries with STMicro derived advanced SOI. TSMC has their own thing. intel has developed a relatively new low power process as well to try and keep a foot in the door here too.

Just wait until China gets EUV. Then you'll have a real underdog.

Attached: 1550355480402.png (2000x1125, 2.54M)