/spg/ - Smartphone General

iThot Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: DJwLzrwWAAAyHFN.jpg (1024x1024, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9654&idPhone2=9689#
gsmarena.com/quad_bayer_sensors_explained-news-37459.php
androidauthority.com/what-is-pixel-binning-966179/
youtu.be/3ung4sd1LsY
buymobile.com.au/
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1480450-REG/asus_zs630kl_s855_6g64g_sl_zenfone_6_zs630xl_dual_sim.html
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-urnyx05/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Im getting anxious about stuff like screen burn now that I got a new phone. Is it overblown? I always use low brightness

As long as it isn't OLED, you're fine.

It's an amoled

RIP

But I only have it for two days now

I used a GS5 for about 2 years and by the end the status bar area was slightly a different color from the rest of the screen, but otherwise I didn't notice anything. Of course, GS5 had physical nav buttons and not on-screen.

Ok
Maybe I simply worry too much.

Oh god how do I cope with not having sex with big tittie cuties

kys

I have a massive erection right now.

Attached: IMG_20190801_113426.jpg (1536x2048, 221K)

Weight wise, how much is to much for a phone?
I am looking at two devices at this time.
One is 155gm, the other 191gm.

How much spyware is in a Global Xiaomi phone? I assume you're fine as long as you don't create a Xiaomi account or set up Mi Cloud, right?

Diesnt matter unless you're a malnourished skeleton.

More or less, and debloat it too. Dojt use any of the stock apps and you should be fine. Those ask permissions for everything and anything.

That, I am not

Attached: Denholm.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

This is what I'm worried about

Thinking about getting one but installing LineageOS on it to get rid of the chink spyware

You can do that, absolutely.

Don't worry, with a proper AMOLED you're fine. My Moto g4+ was lcd but got burn in after a year. I have op5 now almost since release and it's fine.

Why does his face look photoshopped onto his body? And I can see his arsepussy owo

There isn't any

Because it is

Is miui good enough for me to not need a custom rom?

I see everyone keeps recommending Xiaomi and Oneplus for chinkshit, but what about other brands? I can get the Oppo Reno 10x for the equivalent of about $70 less than the equivalent OP7 Pro, and the specs look comparable but with a microSD card slot which would be really useful. Is the Oppo android skin any better or worse than MIUI, I've had experience with MIUI and it's okay for me, I'm not super particular about getting as stock an android as possible if the skin works well.

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9654&idPhone2=9689#

Is the mi mix 4 our upcoming saviour?

It's junk. Get the OnePlus 7 Pro. Or get the Oppo if there's an option to return it incase you don't like it.

Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
or
Xiaomi 9T
Am in Auatralia, Both are much the same price. Which one should I get?

Make sure you debloat that shitt

When i use gcam it doesnt use my 48mp camera but only goes up to the12mp
Whats the reason for this? Using xiaomi 9t

If its amoled or any other oled variation, just be gentle on the brightness level. Max brightness tend to burn those pixel faster. I'm using s7 edge and my brightness seldom went pass 50%, which only happen when I decided to game on my phone.

Current oleds are more resilient to burn ins too so you're good user.

9T. Not really a discussion here.
t. Typing from one right now

The 48MP sensor used in the 9T and also other phones like the OP7 are quad bayer sensors which are designed for taking really good 12MP photos by pixel binning, not really for 48MP shots. You can force it to take 48MP photos but they won't necessarily actually look much better.

gsmarena.com/quad_bayer_sensors_explained-news-37459.php

androidauthority.com/what-is-pixel-binning-966179/

Thanks mate. I was kinda edging towards it.
Just out of interest, why do you prefer the 9T over the other one?

Other brands are not really a thing outside of India and China.

Ah ok thanks
Isnt this a bit misleading?

muh megapixels is a normie trap.
resolution has nothing to to with picture quality so anything beyond like 8mgpx is useless nowadays, it's all about the optics, this is why old handheld cameras with small resolutions blow phone 1000 megapixel cameras out of the water

not him but:
>3.5mm jack
>notchless
>better battery
>better SoC

Shit, why do apps like twrp only support the redmi note 7 pro?
it was only release on the poo market. Waaay more people have the regular note 7 version.

OnePlus is hugely successful, what stops other chink makers from making phones with stock android or something? It's not like OnePlus ever needed money from in phone ads.

I see

Thanks mate - chatting with online sales dude now

Hahaha we got another one boys!

Ok so I just got the One plus 7 pro, Damn this phone is too big. And god I hate a screen with edges. What madman thought this was a good idea? I'll be returning it later today.

What should I get instead?

redmi note 7 is a bit expensive and hard to get where i live. mi a2 for 170$ or redmi note 7 for 210$?

Chinks sell it for cheap and ship world wide for free

LOL, ya fucker :^)

Attached: 1542370849962.jpg (640x960, 35K)

I see, but what's wrong with it? Consumer protection law isn't that great here so there's no guaranteed returns

They're pretty big in Southeast Asia, and I think Oppo are also in Australia?

You for real? You didn't look up the dimensions and the images of the phone before buying it? LOL
get the 3a.

RN7

Just look up YouTube videos of color OS, see if it's to your liking. They're shouldn't be anything wrong with it

>Search YouTube comparison videos of MIUI10 vs ColorOS 6
>they're all in Hindi or something
>but with random English thrown in every other sentence
youtu.be/3ung4sd1LsY
This must be how ESLs feel

I did check it out at display and note the dimensions. Nice of you to assume I didn't.
And it seemed fine at first but after a few days of usage i realized how annoying it is. Especially the edges

Order for Mi 9T placed with these guys: buymobile.com.au/
Also, they had 10% off across the store, so I saved another 56 bucks.

>Already August
>Still no Zenphone 6 in USA
WHAT GIVES

Attached: 1492465949990.jpg (732x974, 107K)

kinda insane
they announced it first out of all the all-screen phones and it comes out months after everyone else

i assume that's how they sell a lot of their phones
there's literally sites which let you print out a cardboard/paper model of your damn phone and people are just like, one click checkout express delivery new phone hehe unbox therapy said it was cool

What are the chances that your phone will never arrive?

I'm ready to drop the $500 for this phone since it has most features I want for cheap but don't know why the NA version isn't out yet..

Take a shot every time this guy throws in a random English sentence

Realmi 3 pro has a 4/64gb model that is basically about $60 more than 4/64 RN7. Is that price worth the difference between SD710 and SD660?

Do apps that use fingerprint verification pull my fingerprints to their server or is are my fingerprints always local to my phone?

They're all local and stored in a n encrypted storage in the reader itself.

Panasonic DMC-CM1 replacement fucking when, so people can have a phone with an actually decent camera

you're fucked. even having your browser on for too long will burn in within a year.

>Shit, why do apps like twrp only support the redmi note 7 pro?
Because the devs worked on that phone first out of enthuasism It's coming to the Note 7 soonish.

Preorder available on B&H Monday, but still no info on price, pre-order bonuses, or anything.

Attached: 200px-DKSad.png (200x150, 62K)

sauce: bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1480450-REG/asus_zs630kl_s855_6g64g_sl_zenfone_6_zs630xl_dual_sim.html

>tech blogs all complain about galaxy s10e battery life

Note how 25% is taken by an optional feature

Attached: Screenshot_20190801.jpg (1080x2280, 235K)

Show the rest of it.

no

This is useless without the SoT

what is the beef with the iphone
upgrading from a five year old galaxy s5 and the iphone is tempting because it actually has fucking bezels
i'm split between that and the s10+
verizon so my options are limited

the led indicator on the redmi note 7 is fucking trash, the light is only white and it is so tiny a weak i first thought it was just a speck of dust
my old note 4 had a nice bright RGB led at the top that was nicely visible, but the one on the note 7 is useless basically

Where and how do I install Gcam for Xiaomi Mi 9T) Im a retard.

Also, do I have to update it manually and If, how often is needed?

Attached: 1476971400951.jpg (238x192, 9K)

>Where and how do I install Gcam for Xiaomi Mi 9T
use latest Urnyx05 version
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-urnyx05/

>Also, do I have to update it manually
Yes

>and If, how often is needed?
Check back every couple of weeks or so

>the led indicator on the redmi note 7 is fucking trash
alas, the biggest weakness of this phone

Here's my question - are they going to make a zenfone 6 pro or something with an OLED and maybe less shitty speakers? I would pay more just for those to be fixed

Better question was the sweepstakes just one huge scam?

my theory is that they wanted to sell you on the miband3 to check for notifications

Is it worth waiting for the Pixel 4 to drop? Currently have a iphone 7. I want a phone that takes really good pictures, and have useful tools and applications for real life. Just tired of iOS and want a change. I've never used an Android device before.

Thanks alot!

Attached: 1561408930035.jpg (334x334, 88K)

Retard

suck my ass

>I NEeD gOoD pICs AnD usEfUl ToOLs And ApPs For ReAl lIfe
>iToddler can't even google how android works and just "wants a change"
Kys

Actually, I just want someone who knows me about phones to give me advice as I can't be bothered looking it up myself.

How about you.....

have sex

>as I can't be bothered looking it up myself.
>iToodlers finally admit they are dumbfucks

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 9K)

moreee****

fuuuuckck.

Just tell me what phone to get. I need a upgrade.

Maybe one day, I'll be drowning in pussy like you. But on this day I just need some advice on what phone to get.

based

How can I transfer my data from an Android phone to another? (Text messages, contacts etc.)

>replying to yourself
Get a load of this guy.

>iToddler literally having a stroke because he's too poor to keep sucking Apple dick.

Attached: day7052-2850580d-b5e3-43fe-ab61-a1601e39423f.png (538x480, 170K)

that's a weird way of asking for help and now you're never going to get it

I know. I better wait for the next thread next time. Back to /co/ I go. Until next time weebs.

Lol
Based

Attached: based.png (538x155, 7K)

>/co/
Have fun with your wife's boyfriend's kid iToddler.

Attached: 56dxpvnry9901.jpg (638x336, 32K)

Think the Zenfone 5 is decent? Not trying to spend more than $200. Mom is offering to give me her iPhone 7 when she upgrades in Sep but muh iPhone

OLED burn-in only happens on old devices, or retail units that sit on the home screen all the time and never go to sleep/see any kind of use. with regular use, youll never notice it.

all me

based