Is it DoA or does it actually have a chance?

Attached: large.png (1226x730, 235K)

It has a target audience.
Don't expect it to sell hundred millions like a Samshit flagship or an iPhone would, but I think it will sell enough to make it worth it.

In addition: no week passes with new on Goolag and Applel cucking app devs of all levels in Play Store/iTunes in one way or another. If big normalfag apps get ported to it (facebook, messenger, twitter, insta, snapchat etc) they will be able to sell it to the normalfags too and that's where the money is.

How the fuck can they claim to have no backdoors when they're an American company and therefore legally forced to have some?

>phone calls
Botnet

THE. FUCKING. PRICE.

wat

this

>$650 for a phone with $20 wallmart prepaid smartphone hardware
Man it sure is expensive being a freetard.

Attached: 1438714549462.png (520x533, 283K)

have employment

It was DoA from the very beginning. It's almost as if these dunces are too young to remember the Blackphone.
There simply aren't enough freetards in the world for Purism's business model to be sustainable.

This, doubt this phone would make it past Q4

I do.
This doesn't change the fact I'm not gonna spend 600 burger money for a 200$ specs phone.

Specs are shit for the price but it's understandable with what they're trying to do.
Hopefully it'll be easy to install other OSes on it, then it'll be fully worth the price since even the most expensive phones aren't customizable.

I'd much rather a 4gb rpi4 attached to a screen that is set up to boot from some cheapo SSD and with a 4g modem.
Personally I wouldn't even care if there wasn't a camera since >using a phone camera

/thread for all eternity

The American government can legally force you to add backdoors and arrest you if you tell anyone about them. This doesn't mean it has backdoors but it also means that America is not a safe country.

>I'd much rather a 4gb rpi4 attached to a screen that is set up to boot from some cheapo SSD and with a 4g modem.
Personally I wouldn't even care if there wasn't a camera since >using a phone camera
has someone tried this?

wrong on both counts, you seething europeon

so whats the deal with third party packagers on arm linux, eg snap,flatpak,steam?
and would virtualbox, gnomeboxes etc work?

DoA i guess. Look at their notebooks. The specs were already way too outdated at launch (2017) and now they keep insisting on charge 1400 dollarinos like this is some sort high-end finish product. Jesus. There's only one other company with courage to sell outdated hardware for high price. Yup. That one you thought. So you take all this and just change the subject from notebook to smartphone ;)

I don't think they can actually force you to DO anything, aside from hand over data you already have. Not yet, anyway. They couldn't force Apple to unlock that phone back in 2016 or Lavabit to keep operating as a honeypot back in 2013.

That's Australia, dipshit.

Attached: b82cebd8-08be-4a6e-aa23-dcd62015a96e..jpg (1024x1013, 111K)

It's way too expensive for the audience they're targeting. Call be when it's sub 500 dollars with a sub 5 inch screen

Why the fuck do you think warrant canaries exist? Because they're not allowed to legally tell you that they've been compromised.

They didn't need to in the end tho, they hired cellebrite to find the backdoor apple already had in place to mine user data for profit without their consent or knowledge.

If there's any moral to be found in all this: the big corpses can be just as bad if not worse (selling user data? holy shit) as the goobermint.

Attached: 1563035777000.jpg (640x480, 46K)

That's not how it works, warrant canaries are there to indicate searches and seizures, not forced code modification

You are retarded, they don't force you. They do it without telling. Librem is probably a CIA/NSA start up run by the government , and agents.

>all exploits are backdoors
I write stupid code all the time. That makes me incompetent, not a data-mining corporate jew.
P.S.: Governments do sell, trade and "leak" sensitive information about citizens all the time.

>replying to a triptard

Attached: 590.jpg (640x640, 30K)

A phone made for privacy die hards at the price point it's at. I doubt it'll sell more than the inital offering. Also wouldn't said die hards not want a phone at all?
You must really have to be against getting a Android with lineage OS for whatever reason for 1/2 or 1/3 the cost.

>ethical operating system

Does it know that murder is wrong?

>replying to me

Attached: 1543925771600.jpg (625x938, 57K)

I'll bet the real buyers for this are some Youtuber at first then some rich person buying it ironically for the memes. The actual target who cares about privacy that want able to buy this are probably miniscule.

this

Except he's right. Siri for example records everything it hears in the background even when you're not actively using her. What are the odds that this really was a programming mistake that has gone unnoticed for nearly a decade?

Attached: is_that_a_blowjob_i_hear.png (702x752, 362K)

Display : 5.7 IPS TFT screen @ 720×1440
Processor: i.MX8M (Quad Core) max. 1.5GHz
Memory: 3GB
Storage : 32 GB eMMC internal storage
Wireless : 802.11abgn 2.4 Ghz / 5Ghz + Bluetooth 4
Baseband : Gemalto PLS8 3G/4G modem w/ single sim on replaceable M.2 card
GPS : Teseo LIV3F GNSS
Smartcard: Reader with 2FF card slot (SIM card size)
Sound : 1 earpiece speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
External Storage: microSD storage expansion
Accelerometer: 9-axis IMU (gyro, accel, magnetometer)
Front Camera: 8 MPixel
Back Camera: 13 MPixel w/ LED flash
Vibration motor: included
USB Type C: USB 3.0 data, Charging (Dual-Role Port), Video out
Battery: User replaceable – 3,500 mAh

>650 burgers

Get the fuck outta here

No one calls me anyway, so

You don't even fucking know what an unsafe country is.

Your next post is "America is more safe than most shitholes, so how can American be unsafe?!"

Yeah it has a chance. It's expensive but it covers a niche that no one currently covers. There is a demand for these kind of phones, the question is whether they can get it right. Meaning getting it to work out of the box.
Even if they fail like Ubuntu phone or something, they have contributed a lot of work and sooner or later someone will make it.

No, my next post is most Americans don't have to worry about shit the rest of the world deals with.

Because they are also legally forced to lie about it and deny it.

I could buy one, but I'm too comfy currently with my note 9. I've had my fair share of alternate devices, like n900 with maemo and jolla with sailfish.

If they'd have some sort of a desktop experience I'd be intrigued, but I quite like linux on dex with my note.

They are the lefty ends justify the means type people. They don't qualify it as murder if it moves them towards their goals. It's the same way freetards intentionally misuse "stealing your freedom", like not getting the source code to software you chose to use is anyway comparable to being murdered or falsely imprisoned. It's ridiculous.

That's just a slight rephrasing of what I said your next post was going to be. American being more safe than most shitholes does not make America safe. Apple had people taking pictures of motherboards and annotating each chip to check if it had been intercepted and tampered with by the NSA. Google and Yahoo have been compromised repeatedly. If you are dealing with an American business you will never be 100% sure that the company you are dealing with or the products you are using have, through subterfuge or coercion, been compromised. This means America is not a safe country to do business, regardless of how shit other countries are. 9/11 killed freedom in the West. There is no point trying to deny it.

I don't think it has a chance but the software might if they manage to emulate android apps and avoid any google propriety software.

room temperature IQ beaten by Jow Forums fag

>emulate android apps
You can install the Android dev kit and run the simulator, but why? This isn’t a phone for gaymen normies. It’s a proper Linux computer running Debian, you can plug it into a keyboard and monitor and use it as a desktop with whatever window manager you like.

>If big normalfag apps get ported to it (facebook, messenger, twitter, insta, snapchat etc)
Never going to happen

>If big normalfag apps get ported to it (facebook, messenger, twitter, insta, snapchat etc)
That shit all works fine on mobile browsers and desktop browsers alike. There's absolutely no reason to install that shit on your phone as an 'app' especially considering that web browsers can now access cameras, microphones, location information, become default protocol handlers, and show notifications.

But this isn't a phone for normies, normies don't care about botnet, don't care that their phones are destined to become obsolete by design, don't care about a Standard Linux Desktop on their phone, etc. They can't even see the clown world staring them right in their faces.

Attached: clown_4.jpg (1100x734, 97K)