I have 0 knowledge of programming...

I have 0 knowledge of programming. What is the best language and how can i make stuff like Photoshop or VLC and that shit?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (1600x900, 77K)

C or C++

Visual Basic

Which is better for long term success? Also im not asking what is best for beginners,im asking which is the best.

based
use scratch to make a gif player

shit i fucked up

For those two in particular, you should probably spend ~5 years learning maths depending on your current knowledge.

Java or C#/VB.NET
>muh performance
code better, I've written plenty of high performance stuff with these

which is better for long term?

It doesn't fucking matter. Just make sure to get a good base of knowledge and you'll start to understand what languages suit your needs and you'll want to learn more than one. Do CS50 because you seem like a dumbfuck and then continue from there. Also, look up a CS degree uni course and study the math courses.

Probably Python. It's on track to be the biggest programming language. Many popular sites like Youtube, Google and Reddit are made with Python. It's also very easy to learn for beginners compared to shit like Java.

Thank you for an actual answer,i will try CS50 right now.

Ok, thanks. I will try Python after CS50.

>I have 0 knowledge of programming.
if you are over 12 you're never gonna make it sorry bro

C

>math
This. You should spend a good portion of your time learning math.

probably C#/VB.NET

Tell us your story, user. The youngsters that browse here can benefit from knowing which path they should follow to become a successful programmer.

I’ve never understood this, I’ve been a developer for 5 years and I’ve never had to do math besides basic ass operations. Like I just had to write a method that divides shit in batches of 500 and then 1 extra batch for the remainder, and that was probably the most complex math operation I’ve ever done as a programmer

I have 0 knowledge of architecture. What is the best material and how can I make stuff like The Great Wall of China or The Eiffel Tower and that shit?

There are like half a dozen "best languages" that you'll cycle through depending on the domian of your project.

This lmao, making a calculator in java would probably make your hair catch on fire

I have 0 knowledge of music composition. What are the best scales and how can I make stuff like Beethoven's 5th Symphony or Mozart's Requiem and that shit?

Since we are in topic, what are the best Java resources out there? I'm learning Java in collage and I don't know where to start.

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Are there any good reasons to stay on this board?

You just aren't noticing all the implied math in your work. I don't know how to explain it, shit just becomes so ingrained in your mind that is almost a second nature. Make an experiment, spend this semester studying linear algebra, you will start to see things differently and will come up with more creative solutions.
Math is just another toolbox at the end of the day, so knowing how to use more tools from it can only benefit you.

Here’s what I recommend you do:
Download eclipse, then go to github and find a solitaire app (there’s several). Either copy the source files into eclipse or type them all out yourself if you have the time and if that will benefit you. Learn what all the shit does and how everything interacts. Change shit around and compile and run the app and see how it changes things on the GUI. I’m sure there’s other simple apps to do this with but one day I randomly wondered “huh I wonder how you’d code a solitaire game” and did this and it helped me a lot.

I have 0 knowledge of girls or people in general. What are the best moves to use and how can I get myself a Big Titty Goth Gf?

>I don't know where to start.
first I'd get your head wrapped around the basic syntax and statements. Do a hello world program, learn how to manage variables, if statements, loops, arrays, etc...

Then start learning the basics of OOP as it relates to Java, such as how classes and instances of them work, inheritance and all that good stuff

Only once you have a solid understanding of these should you try to do things like GUI applications

Runescape Private Servers

"Does this cloth smell like chloroform to you?"

Thanks, user. I will give this a try, I've done this in the past with some pseudo programming languages. However, I'm using Netbeans I'm not sure it would work on Eclipse.
Great, I will take a look into it. I already have a solid understanding of the basic syntax on some other pseudo languages, hopefully they don't differ much from Java ones.

Attached: 1505270094706.jpg (720x644, 56K)

C++ but that software is entirely based on heavy mathematics like partial diff. eq., numerical calculus, color theory, etc.

Are those still around? Was actually wondering the other day

I lost interest a long time ago. All I want is a shitty allstar or delta clone to play, but it's all OSRS or 317 loading 7xx bullshit now.

Netbeans is a solid IDE too

>I lost interest a long time ago.
Same here, but I could get back into griefing private servers if there were any good ones still out there
>noob host usually forgets to set bounds on monsters
>run out to wilderness and get every high leveled mob in the entire game aggrod onto you
>lure them to edge bank or where everyone gathers
>??????
>profit

>like partial diff. eq., numerical calculus, color theory, etc.
It's mostly numerical analysis which is actually relevant to the programming, behind the code there is lots of PDE and Functional Analysis stuff, together with a bit of Complex Analysis concerning Fourier transformations and such.
I do not know what you mean by "Color theory" that doesn't appear to be mathematical area.

C++ if you can deal with a steep learning curve and but get the payoff of becoming a good programmer
Python if you want the easiest language but you won't learn the basics
Java if you are a street shitter
C# if you are a slightly smarter street shitter

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.
GNU C is the most performing sane programming language.
use GNU Guile Scheme to extend your GNU C Programs.

You are unfortunately quite literally a code monkey.