> maintains python 2 by himself

Attached: bsed.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/ bug/88502
github.com/kovidgoyal/kitty/tree/master/kitty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

respect

internet personalities are technology

so he's a nurse in the geriatric ward. got it.

> It's been around 10-12 years since people started criticizing him, but still nobody has actually created an alternative to Calibre
Imagine being so right that you tell known sec-devs to go fuck themselves and are still proven right 10 years later.

why is he wearing a jedi knight robe

>known sec devs
literal whos all of them

It's an item you unlock when you write 500 000 lines of python to support all E-book reader devices

This dude is literally God tier.

I like how he is probably a 150 IQ guy but still mantains that Pajeet design philosophy of shoehorning hundreds of different functions into a single program.

i bet he learned from durga sir

> calibre is sooo shit!!
> yea lets just make our own!!
> 10 years pass
> nobody has created an alternative and uses it instead
> think too highly of themselves to admit it

absolute state of devs

Imagine being a programmer and still wearing some fucking traditional pejeet clothes, lmao.

this guy has such good ideas for software. if only he could actually implement them.

a beacon of light in the designated shitting street

>read all the replies in the designated indian accent

Go ahead and implement a better alternative to Calibre. We will wait another 10-15 years , and you won't do it because you will realize you are a pathetic dipshit that can not produce anything and only kvetch on others.

mostly talking about kitty and his web browser. never even touched calibre.

Most of the controversy comes from Calibre though. And it's hilarious how it's the only software that actually does the job even after 15-20 years of butthurt devs shilling against the developer of it .

in a way its unfortunate that all of the attention is on calibre, because his other software is innovative too, its just slow as fuck.

Terminal and web browser aren't really that innovative or ground breaking. But calibre is actually really really good. And anybody who has "vowed" to make something better in the past 10-15 years has actually not gone through with it.

It's hilarious to watch the archives on launchpad where butthurt devs rag on the Calibre dev who tells them to fuck off and do it better, and now here we are 10 years later, and it's still at the top uncontested.

here's an example bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/ bug/88502

>Imagine being a programmer and still wearing some fucking traditional pejeet clothes
Unironically based and I usually hate poos.

They're probably jealous of the fact that they cannot even come close to the level of a fucking poojet. Street shitter of his caliber are rare though.

I was thinking the same. I noticed that the people reporting these exploits are usually very condescending and are just trying to indirectly self promote themselves. Their argumentation if somebody argues back is usually along the lines of "do you know who i am?" , " you should listen to me because i am somebody"
They usually add the software they found the exploited to their "portfolio" and make money off of it.

I checked out all the people who were involved and shilling against the developer of calibre and they all do this (list exploits found in their portfolio).
They are completely dishonest.

Someone please aware an uninformed pleb like me who this guy is?

Why do you want him to abandon his culture? You'd still call him Pajeet anyway, so what's the point?

he's basically the bad boy that keeps the only viable ebook-reader software alive all while not demanding any money and telling people who come in high strung and telling him what to do to fuck off

he's a hero

I use rsync to copy my collection to my ebook reader.

this

that faggot you replied to is a jew

Indo ARYAN chad

python2 is fking excellent

>NOOOOOO abandon your culture and traditions and become a globohomo corporate cog goyim!

What's his iq?

you mean instead some onions unisex hipster clothes that you wear

based

While I agree with ,
I hope you guys are not designated street shitters.

>they are completely dishonest
This.

BASED, he is officially /our guy/

Attached: 1536014373224.png (1048x336, 44K)

Better pajeet than jew

> goodbye and goodluck
lol

Attached: bald-man-dandruff-2.jpg (870x540, 105K)

BASED pajeet

Ractis wh*toids btfo

Ultra based

lol, I thought lebbitors were virtue signaling good hearted people?

best post in the thread

Pajeets make reddit seethe because they don't respect women and hate muslims. It's no surprise that nu-Jow Forums also hates pajeets.

Based indo Aryan culture. Nu Jow Forums spergs if anyone insults blacks or jews but constantly posts about "pajeets" and "insects".

based

150 IQ post

>be Indian
>dress like an Indian
>LOL, how can he wear?

If there's one thing Indians may want to abandon it's the smell, but there's nothing wrong with some Indian wearing traditional attire.

What the fuck i thougjht *we* hated pajeets

>OH NOOOO THE GOYIM KNOW

Nah Pajeets are Alpha as fuck. They don't wear deodorant to make all the women smell their strong musk, they constantly proposition anything female that has a pulse and commit their code no matter what even if it breaks everything.

estimate of pajeets in this thread?

>the smell
not to mention the accent, the shit manners, and of course the street shitting habit.

Look at this pajeet. Breaks over, get off the shitting street and start coding the Java program

calibre is shit, if i have to use a ebook reader i just use my phone and the main computer just stores the copy that gets synced with devices.

Jidf is here

>Jidf
this thread is being astroturfed, i refuse to believe that Jow Forums even knows about calibre.

If youve ever used an ereader youve probably come across it at least once.

The whole point of calibre is that it transfers ebooks onto eink devices and also allows you to convert them.
It's not an Ebook Reader , it's a software for Ereaders.
You god damn fucking moron.

>Python run by a pajeet
Not big surprise.

>You god damn fucking moron.
you the moron, i can keybind the functionality of calibre in a single key, or even better put it in a cronjob and im done.

maybe they're not all that bad. still, the ones that i have to interact with at work are dumb as rocks or just don't give a fuck. i think it's a mix of both.

Anyone who works for someone else is either dumb as rocks or they don't give a fuck. Smart people are self-employed, skin tone is irrelevant.

self employment is like multiple jobs in one
some of which a tech autist is unlikely to be good at

Just another example of how actual scientists (Kovid) BTFO computer "scientists" (everybody else)

no one reads books anymore

Maybe 1 in 10,000 are good.

Shut up fag.

And yet Calibre stays unmatched.

>wrote calibre
>told lebbit to fuck off
>clearly did the needful

nothing is more annoying than putting up a fake accent

Pathetic

Their population is more than one billion. There has to be someone smart among them even if chances are low.

This. Poorfags are low IQ by default. It's all natural though. They are needed so we can live comfy lives.

>Smart people are self-employed
are they, though? you're doing more work for the same money if you're self-employed. well, i suppose the challenge is fun but there are no time for side projects and shit.

>write a better Calibre
What does Calibre even do, at this point? It's a bloated piece of software that tries to do everything like every Pajeet software, it's pointless to try to beat Calibre at its own game.
Calibre is mostly used as an e-book reader, though, and in that regard: there are better e-book readers (such as Foliate).

>throw away your own unique culture and adapt nu-white "culture"
Yikes

>78 posts
>46 IPs
half these posts are Kovid samefagging

>the smell
mostly just the scent of cooking at home. if you did it you'd smell too, but not as bad (pajeet spices stink)

Based

I don't think that's how math works

cope

Reading something is the one thing nobody (but you apparently) does with calibre.
Text -> zathura, mupdf etc.
Conics ->MComix

fix PDF conversion in Calibre, Kovid

This Pajeet is fucking based. A while ago I set out to find the least broken terminal on Linux, after trying out like 15~, Kitty proved to be the closest to perfection (still a few issues but the least amount of them). The only problem is that when you want to make source edits to it yourself you then realize that it's truly Indian software, but otherwise it just werks.

Give example of truly indian code

It's really hard to describe the specifics it's simply a spaghetti mess, the logic is a mix of C, embedded Python and external Python.
github.com/kovidgoyal/kitty/tree/master/kitty

Thanks Kovid, thanks to you I never need to activate my Kindle or even deal with the Kindle store.

I'm an Indian. I'm tired of all the things people say about us. I mean, which other country is hated the most? North Korea? We're probably next to North Korea. Several people called me "pajeet", "who shits on the streets" "giv bob and vegana" as soon as I told them I'm from India. I'm now afraid of telling that I'm Indian. I feel ashamed. One person said "US should nuke India" on a youtube video about India and it got hundreds of likes or upvotes. Most of the things people say only apply to poor people and uneducated. People like me in the cities probably never saw anyone shitting on streets. I honestly never saw anyone shit on streets. At least from what I know, people don't shit on "streets" but in an open area like farmlands in villages. I keep my identity hidden and don't tell anyone that I'm Indian. I'm afraid they'll treat me differently. I keep trying to avoid those comments but they are affecting me. Not directly but indirectly. For example, read any Reddit threads about, you'll see hate comments about India. Fuck this shit

It's hilarious how stupid webbies actually are. Calibre is almost never used as a "E-reader" software. If you spent 10 seconds using it you would realize that. It's quite simple in its nature but it supports an incredible amount of readers which can often easily brick. It also has many other useful features.
The people criticizing Kovid always bring up that Calibre is just an E-reader, showing how little they actually understand.

Calibre is not just an e-reader in the same sense that Emacs is not just a text editor. There's no point in an "e-book management" app if it's primary goal is not to read e-books, and everything else it does such as e-book editing, format conversion, DRM stripping, literally everything is fucking bloat for people who can't use simpler tools that do a single job, and instead are raging winbabbies that require one single bloated hacked-together piece of Pajeet software to do everything for them. Also
>zathura
>mupdf
lmao

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-02 09-07-52.png (742x511, 52K)

> build a tool which couples together useful simple tools to make a functioning software
> PAJEET!!!! JUST USE SIMPLE TOOL ONE AFTER ANOTHER!!!!

you are a fucking moron , and i'm looking forward to you creating an alternative btw =') (which you won't because you are a lazy white nigger)

>monolithic, does-it-all bloated software is bad
>"oh yeah? then create a better monolithic, does-it-all bloated software!"
you might be retarded user

good luck not using calibre, i'm sure you will save a lot of time (lol)

let us know when you created a viable alternative that's not just the single components of what make up calibre

t. cultural marxist

Python is my bread and profession but Python 2 has to die.

literally kys
if you ever had the need to read more than one book, specially on ereadera you will use calibre, that's how good it is

thanks for the pasta, saved

No, it's pretty bad and you don't provide any argument other than name calling. Please do the needful Rakesh.