Astronomers have discovered a potentially habitable world just 31 light-years away...

>Astronomers have discovered a potentially habitable world just 31 light-years away, thanks to NASA's planet-hunting telescope
Hows that trip to Mars going Elon?

Attached: 1561928886713.png (500x375, 299K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dcode.fr/time-dilation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's your point? We can't travel at the speed of light yet so it'll take a lot more than 31 years to get there. If we can't even get to Mars right now, which is only a few months away, how do we get to somewhere that is probably hundreds of years away?

Elon's already behind schedule but keeps going into new projects. This shit is going to be a house of cards in the near future.

>probably hundreds of years away
You are way way off.
Assuming the fastest speed ever recorded in space for a man made object in space it would take about 91726 years to reach the planet

CERN research to cut wormholes

>assuming wormholes even exist
>assuming you could use them for transportation

>just 31 light-years away
Whoa!

>What's your point? We can't travel at the speed of light yet so it'll take a lot more than 31 years to get there. If we can't even get to Mars right now, which is only a few months away, how do we get to somewhere that is probably hundreds of years away?
At high sublight speed it won't take that long from the perspective of people on the ship but it will be hundreds of years for observers on earth.

>just 31 light-years away

Where's that sublight technology, user? How long you think that would take for travelers to get there? :^)

The colonization of Mars is as dumb an idea as switching from internal combustion battery electric vehicles.

Generation ships are the future of space travel based on out current technology. Starting from there is the way forward.

>Generation ships are the future
Sure, go live and die on a ship so your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren will enjoy settling on a new planet

We should be focusing on a lunar colony instead.

We should have faith in a Mars colony instead.
Musk promised to send people there within a decade

Wait. Thats how it works?
So if I go at the speed of a light, technically i would reach my destination instantly from my point of view in the ship?

>So if I go at the speed of a light, technically i would reach my destination instantly from my point of view in the ship?
Yes

So uh what exactly is my destination then? I mean i would instantly leave the universe right?

Technically speaking mass can't go that fast

dilate
dcode.fr/time-dilation

Attached: ss (2019-08-01 at 18.48.37).png (786x344, 67K)

>i would instantly leave the universe right
Photons move at the speed of light. They still exist and don't leave the universe, do they?
But the situation is irrelevant, as you can't move at the speed of light if you have mass anyway.

That is the basic plot.

Musk missed Mars orbit with the car he launched into space. That assclown will be out of Tesla or it will be bust by the end of the year. Space x isn't far behind.

from OUR point of view yes,
pay attention please

Please explain how anything can leave the universe even from its own point of view

go in black hole

because the distance to their destination is literally zero

No one knows where it leads to.
Probably hell or african american digestive system.

Wouldn't you freeze to death?

yes
a photon does not have speed from it's frame of reference
it hits the moment it leaves

Fake news. We all know the Earth is flat I'd you're not a fucking sheep. These "planets" are nothing more than gasses released in specific shapes by the government to keep us convinced there is such a thing as "space". There nothing above us but the water dome keeping us all in. It's why you never see rockets take off straight up. This is all just YET ANOTHER smoke show by NASA to keep milking the public for tax money.

Wrong.
Earth is very large island and so called """universe""" is hyper-ocean, """stars""" are reflections in the sky of very far away islands (aka """planets"""). These reflections happen, because there are other humans like us, there with cities n shiet, created by Almighty God.
SOME ancient people managed to sail to our island (most likely they're much more advanced or by pure luck). Which is why we have blacks and asians. These races came from different islands. Asian island is more technically advanced than ours. We can clearly see that. Black race, their island, probably has magic.
That's why we have all weird ancient drawings n stuff.
Time goes, and they all forgot their origins, or, God made so that if you enter other island, you lose your memory.
All this makes perfect sense.
Unlike all gravity, theory of relativity and other mumbo jumbo.

Sounds like some far fetched bullshit that a CIA glow in the dark nigger would say to try and shake the truth seekers off their trail.

the observable universe is also expanding at the speed of light.

>posted from my workplace at CIA
Nice try, faggot.
Eternal ocean is a thing.

But Universe is infinite.

>Posted via tapatalk from Langely, VA
Not today CIA. Operation fishbowl was a real event. The entire Cold War was used as an excuse for the USSR and the US to combine their nuclear arsenal in an attempt to crack our water dome. It failed, and we're out of uranium to make more, which is why we don't use nuclear reactors anymore. No country actually has nuclear warheads, all propaganda pushed by the global initiative. And lastly, birds as we know it aren't real. Their covert government drones to keep an eye on the masses to ensure we grow never the wiser.

I'm sure you already know that last bit though you fucking reptile.

He wasn't aiming for Mars orbit, you retard. It was a test of the rocket, putting the car into the farthest orbit the final burn happened to put it on. Initially that was expected to be an orbit as far out as Mars, but it ended up being farther.

Now assuming we find a nearby vortex that r through space and has another endpoint then we could be there

But what would be the point? Why would any country on earth spend billions of dollars sending a spaceship full of people to arrive somewhere that, from our point of view, will never arrive?
Humanity will simply be wiped out or will have changed to a different species by the time those people arrive at their destination.

Reptile meme is made up by CIA and NSA to masquerade their technology of mind reading, invisibility and human-like robots (can not be distinguished from real humans).
As a fairy tale.
You're either, a CIA agent spreading your propaganda, or a victim of one.

We should be mining asteroids instead, why would anyone want to live on Mars in the first place?

This. We should, instead of sending humans there, send human seeds and pots, so they can make new civilization.

I mean that we should be focusing on something useful instead, fuckface.

This unironically sounds like a small (but very vocal) group of people in my town. They show up and derail every town hall meeting with garbage like this. They also wave signs around on intersections and frequently get into fights with people that walk by.
I ask, is it brain damage?

The radiation in space will kill humans anyway.

Yea I'm just shitposting but there are some people who take this kind of stuff super serious. Worse is they have no evidence at all.

Yeah, exactly, like securing existence of our people and the future of children. By sending human seeds to habitable planet, if we fail here, at least humans won't get extinct.

We have a fucking habitable planet right here and nobody gives a fuck, so why we keep searching for stupid exoplanets far far away from our own system? It's kinda nice to think that we are "cataloging" everything at first, but let's face it: the Universe is huge, we won't catalog this whole shit. Why bother?

Muh lunar colonies, muh mars colonies, muh habitable jupiter moons. It's good to keep researching rocket technology, since we can use it for suborbital travels in the future, but other than that: no, we don't need to reach new stars.

>JUST 31 light years away
Lmao

Less about cataloguing and I think more keeping our options open. Imagine we perfected space travel. Then what? All the planets "close" to us aren't hospitable. If we can find a planet that can sustain life AND have a way to get there, that would be ground breaking.

They were trying to put it into an elliptical orbit between earth and Mars and missed.
He fucking missed. You only get one shot and he fucked it up
WITHOUT people's lives being at stake.
Not to mention the commotion when they got the new trajectory wrong as well.
You are gullible.

assuming we can also communicate via entanglement then we can know when they reach the planet without having to rely on external observations.